Wabash Native

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

It seems like Wabash is infested with drug use. Doctors (one in particular) that is no more than a drug dealer. He has had numerous patients die from overdose and he is still going strong. I heard another young person died a few weeks ago.
Why isn't it reported in the news papers how many people are dying in Wabash County every year from drug overdoses.
Is Wabash's drug task force really doing any good? I would think they would try and go after doctors too.
concerned

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Care to give the Doctors initial of his last name. Pretty sure we know which doctor you are talking about
concerned

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Wabash Native wrote:
It seems like Wabash is infested with drug use. Doctors (one in particular) that is no more than a drug dealer. He has had numerous patients die from overdose and he is still going strong. I heard another young person died a few weeks ago.
Why isn't it reported in the news papers how many people are dying in Wabash County every year from drug overdoses.
Is Wabash's drug task force really doing any good? I would think they would try and go after doctors too.
Care to give the Doctors initial of his last name. Pretty sure we know which doctor you are talking about?
Kit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Of course a person would have to be blind not to know who the biggest drug dealer is in Wabash. Doctor ______, of course. Seems like the insurance companies would catch on. It is disgusting how many deaths he is responsible for...yet the local cops continue to bust the pot smokers.
concerned

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Kit wrote:
Of course a person would have to be blind not to know who the biggest drug dealer is in Wabash. Doctor ______, of course. Seems like the insurance companies would catch on. It is disgusting how many deaths he is responsible for...yet the local cops continue to bust the pot smokers.
Everyone talking about J.H?
mourning

Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

on august 15 we lost another young wabash native to drug overdose. this time he did not get it from the doctor but from the girl who goes to the doctor. she really doesnt need them so she gets rid of them. enough is enough. someone needs to put a stop to this. someone needs to be arrested and be charged with all these assisted murders. what will it take for that to happen? anything? i hope the authorities start taking this serious. drug dealers on the street get arrested why not these doctors who hand it out like candy!
Sad

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

Don't forget about the other young man that passed away on July 30th. 2 lives lost to drugs. The best I guess we could hope for is that this Doctor retires soon. I know it wont solve the drug problem in Wabash but maybe it will take a lot of the drugs off the street. All the drug dealers will have to find another way to get their free monthly ration of pills.
addicted in wabash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

yes i started going to that doctor when i was 18. i startded taking lortabs and xantac. i then got into heavier drugs and went to prison and lost my kids and family. i am currently going to the methadone clinic which i dont advise to anyone. but it has kept me off of the other drugs.. but yes thanks to dr.h my life went to hell. i am now 29 and have my kids and would never recommend dr.jh to a dog!!!!!!!!!
Unknown

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

addicted in wabash wrote:
yes i started going to that doctor when i was 18. i startded taking lortabs and xantac. i then got into heavier drugs and went to prison and lost my kids and family. i am currently going to the methadone clinic which i dont advise to anyone. but it has kept me off of the other drugs.. but yes thanks to dr.h my life went to hell. i am now 29 and have my kids and would never recommend dr.jh to a dog!!!!!!!!!
Addicted, I wish you the best with your fight to get clean. I don't recommend the clinic either but since you are already in the program you can wean yourself down every week until you are completely off of the methadone. I went to the one in Marion and weaned myself off by taking my dose down 5mg every weak until I got down to 20 and then went completely off. Of course they didn't like the fact that I was going down on my dose (they wanted to keep raising it. I have been clean for 15 months now and my life is so much better. My addiction started with prescription pain medicine also. Same doctor you had.

“Hey!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Aug 09

Somewhere in the country in KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Why not give the name of the doctor? I would have no problem notifying the authorities.

If people getting busted for drugs are still in high school and they attend Wabash High School...forget about anything being written in the Plain Dealer.
Since the offspring of doctors and lawyers attend WHS the PD doesn't publish anything that goes on. You have a better chance of hearing about it from Ch. 15 out of Ft. Wayne or gossip on the street.
Feeling 4 my hometown

Mountain Home, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

I used to work for that doctor....and I will tell you that he is being watched. If you compare how many patients he has now to what he had when I worked there he isn't seeing nearly as many. But I agree that what he does is horrible. I worked there for school...And I didn't agree with what was going on then. I have known many of the people that have died from OD's, 2 of which were family to my closest friend. He needs to be arrested and have his license yanked! He is killing and they know it....why is he still open?!
B Haugn

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

I have never been to that doctor but I know dozens of ppl that do and hear alot about Dr Feel Good and I do know one of my friends went to him with nothing wrong saying that he has been having alot of pain and without x-rays he just said my back hurts and the doctor wrote a script of percocet 10/325. My friend just wanted to see how easy it was and i bet half the people that go to him dont even need the pills. My sister has been to him for years and has never been called in for a pill count. All he cares about is money and the more scripts he writes the more money in his pockets!
B Haugn

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Judged:

DOCTOR HAUGHN
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Judged:

do you mean YOU MEAN DR KAVORCKION???? LOL.... CAUSE HE PUTS PEOPLE TO DEATH
BY MEDICATION..... SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH DR. JAMES HAUGHN. HE IS A POOR EXCUSE FOR A DOCTOR AND NEEDS TO RETIRE.... ANYONE ELSE AGREE????
Race

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

I know it it very popular to put the blame on someone else, We all knpow it is never our own fault don't we.
To blame the doctor for someone abusing a drug to the point of death would be exactly the same as blaming all the stores that sell rat poison because someone eat it and died. It would not be the sellers fault and it is not the doctors fault for supplying what is intended to reduce their aliments. What if you went in to the doctor, in severe pain but they couldn't find the source of pain so they would not give you any pain medicine. How would you like that?
VERY UPSET PARENTS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

Race wrote:
I know it it very popular to put the blame on someone else, We all knpow it is never our own fault don't we.
To blame the doctor for someone abusing a drug to the point of death would be exactly the same as blaming all the stores that sell rat poison because someone eat it and died. It would not be the sellers fault and it is not the doctors fault for supplying what is intended to reduce their aliments. What if you went in to the doctor, in severe pain but they couldn't find the source of pain so they would not give you any pain medicine. How would you like that?
I UNDERSTAND WERE YOUR COMING FROM BUT WHEN YOU GO TO A CERTAIN DOCTOR AND YOU CAN ASK FOR ANYTHING AND RECIEVE ITS LIKE A LEGAL DRUG DEALER WITH BENIFITS!!!HE IS GIVING OUT PILLS LEFT AND RIGHT TO PEOPLE THAT DOES NOT NEED THEM SO YES HE IS IN FAULT!!!! IF YOU KNEW THE OUTCOME OF THIS IN OUR COMMUNITY YOU WOULD AGREE TOO!!!! WEVE HAD WAY TO MANY OVER DOSES from this one perticular doc so we were sharing our opinon!!!
annonomous

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

i used to clean his office...i thought for sure hed be gone by now.i have been gone for 13 years.he was old then....sick...

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

annonomous wrote:
i used to clean his office...i thought for sure hed be gone by now.i have been gone for 13 years.he was old then....sick...
He should have retired long ago. He is just too out of touch with the reality of addiction. Aetna dropped him because of his excessive narcotic prescription writing. He is one of the many doctors that really needs to take a course in drug addiction. Maybe he knows what he is doing and just likes the money too much to care about the patients, idk.
something 2 consider

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

You all can blame the doctor for writing the prescriptions however how many of these ppl actually take thier medications exactally as they are prescribed ??? NOT MANY !!!!!!
It is not the fault of the doctor for treating the symptoms he is presented with during an visit to him however why do so many insist on taking double triple and even quadruple the amounts that are prescribed ?? I dont think the doc is putting them in anyones mouth !!!!!!!
Easy to find blame with the one using the ink pen why not look at the behaviors of those taking and OVER dose of thier meds. If it says one every 6 hours why take 6 every 3 hours ????
People

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

It is the doctors and nurses responsibility to watch for people that abuse these medications, but addiction is thee users own fault. It is very sad that many lives have been lost to an on going problem everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wabash Discussions

Search the Wabash Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Police say Indiana man beat tied-up teenager 18 hr vigilante 2
Things You Can Remember About Peru (Apr '08) Jul 13 R West 186
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun 27 Go Blue Forever 1,302
...FARMER..is...GOD,..not.. (Aug '13) May '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 3
Peru is the most beautiful country (Jul '12) Apr '14 DaniEl 12
Peru, Indiana has an Aggressive Police Problem. (Apr '10) Apr '14 resident of peru 64
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wabash Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wabash People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••