Court: No appeal in triple murder case

Court: No appeal in triple murder case

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 11, 2008, titled Court: No appeal in triple murder case. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A man convicted of fatally shooting three people following a minor traffic accident just south of Wabash 12 years ago cannot appeal his sentence, the Indiana Supreme Court has ruled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

ACDC

Dayton, OH

#1 Jan 11, 2008
I'm from Wabash and I remember vividly the horror of that day. I remember seeing Swan's girlfriend in tears after she found out he'd been murdered. I don't know what legal issues were involved in this appeal of Sholes, but I take satisfaction in knowing that a man who committed a triple homicide on people who came to help at the scene of an accident will never leave the prison walls alive.
More details

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2008
This article could at least give a bit more information about how the other people were involved. It said that Griffith's motorcycle collided with Sholes' boat, but where did Swan and Neal come into the story?

Since: Jul 07

Wabash, IN

#3 Jan 11, 2008
I'm also from Wabash. Swan was a young fellow who was also a volunteer fireman. He had just gotten home for lunch when he heard about the accident. he hurried to the scene. As he approached the accident Sholes shot and killed him. Swan's foot jammed down on the accelerator and his Bronco headed off into a corn field. They didn't find him until later when they noticed the hole in the fence. Neal lived just up from the accident and he was walking to see if he could help. Shole shot him in front of his wife. The motorcyclist was a local teacher. The last victim was paralyzed for life.
I, for one, hoped that he would get a new trial so they could give him the death penalty. The prosecutor said that he didn't want to put the county to the expense of a trial so he allowed Shole to plea bargain. He wasn't the prosecutor after the next election.

Since: Jul 07

Indianapolis

#4 Jan 11, 2008
rnagel wrote:
I'm also from Wabash. Swan was a young fellow who was also a volunteer fireman. He had just gotten home for lunch when he heard about the accident. he hurried to the scene. As he approached the accident Sholes shot and killed him. Swan's foot jammed down on the accelerator and his Bronco headed off into a corn field. They didn't find him until later when they noticed the hole in the fence. Neal lived just up from the accident and he was walking to see if he could help. Shole shot him in front of his wife. The motorcyclist was a local teacher. The last victim was paralyzed for life.
I, for one, hoped that he would get a new trial so they could give him the death penalty. The prosecutor said that he didn't want to put the county to the expense of a trial so he allowed Shole to plea bargain. He wasn't the prosecutor after the next election.
My God! That SOB should have been executed! I'm pleased the prosecutor wasn't re-elected.
IndyMan

Monon, IN

#5 Jan 11, 2008
Why are my tax dollars allowing the pile of shi$ to clog the courts? Silly me theres a bunch of blood sucking dirt ball attorneys make a living off the pile of shi$.

The pile needed executed.

“Back in Black”

Since: Feb 07

Dayton, OH

#6 Jan 12, 2008
IndyMan wrote:
Why are my tax dollars allowing the pile of shi$ to clog the courts? Silly me theres a bunch of blood sucking dirt ball attorneys make a living off the pile of shi$.
Sholes ISN'T clogging the courts. The point of this story is that the Indiana Supreme Court just ruled he can't pursue any appeals of his sentence to life without parole. I doubt his attorneys made much money off a convicted murder who has been in prison for the last decade. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sholes was acting as his own attorney on his latest attempt at an appeal since the guy probably doesn't have any money to hire one.
anonymous

Rushville, IN

#7 Jan 12, 2008
Sholes should ask himself what kind of chance he gave the 3 people he murdered. I'm sure they wanted an appeal too.
Don Jacobs

Vancouver, WA

#8 Feb 12, 2008
IndyMan wrote:
I think you are correct .. the Black Law 5th addition dictionary describes attorney's as one's who twist and turn the law.
I agree with you... they are shi**
Wabash County is one of the worst.
Don Jacobs

Vancouver, WA

#9 Feb 12, 2008
I think you are correct .. the Black Law 5th addition dictionary describes attorney's as one's who twist and turn the law.
Emily Perkins

Bryan, TX

#10 Mar 5, 2008
Don Jacobs wrote:
I'm not even sure what you mean by "Wabash County is one of the worst.", but the man wasn't even tried in Wabash County. He was tried in Huntington because they wouldn't have been able to find impartial jurors in Wabash.
Matt NEAL

Elkhart, IN

#11 Jul 30, 2008
My name should tell you alot of why I am writing on this board. This man altered four families lifes and should get what he deserves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wabash Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brittany black, any1 know anything bout her? 14 hr Jerkoff 11
News Search underway in possible drowning Jun 12 news crew 3
KISS concert 10/31/1974 Peru Indiana May '17 Chris Yingling 1
Dear Mr. Todd Apr '17 The Future 1
Anyone know why Zimmerman gave his resignation ... Apr '17 Megatron 1
sexual abuse hidden by the hall Apr '17 Megatron 2
Is Mitch Figert going to run for Mayor of Wabash Apr '17 Megatron 2

Wabash Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance