N.J. doctor denies charges of perform...

N.J. doctor denies charges of performing illegal abortions

There are 5 comments on the Millville News story from Sep 28, 2010, titled N.J. doctor denies charges of performing illegal abortions. In it, Millville News reports that:

VOORHEES - Fighting to keep his medical license, abortion doctor Steven Brigham today denied in legal papers that he tried to evade state law by administering pregnancy-ending drugs to patients before leading them by caravan to a Maryland clinic for the surgical procedure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Millville News.

PriestessSue

Coopersburg, PA

#1 Sep 29, 2010
"None of Brigham’s offices is a licensed ambulatory-care facility, according to the complaint. He does not have admitting privileges at any New Jersey hospital, nor is he trained as a gynecologist or obstetrician, the documents state."

It's a good thing that abortion is legal, so that women can get safe abortions.
Susan

Somerdale, NJ

#2 Oct 4, 2010
PriestessSue wrote:
"None of Brigham’s offices is a licensed ambulatory-care facility, according to the complaint. He does not have admitting privileges at any New Jersey hospital, nor is he trained as a gynecologist or obstetrician, the documents state."
Women dont need to kill their unborn children because of the inconvenience the child would create for the mother.Murder is wrong no matter how you disguise it.Realize that only 50% of patients who enter abortion clinics come out alive.The nature and value of a child do not magically change just because he has moved
from inside his mother to outside.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Oct 4, 2010
PriestessSue wrote:
C'mon, Sue, this is no different than anyone practicing any type of medicine without the appropriate license. What he's done doesn't appear to be legal. My question is this: why, if a physician loses his/her license in one state, can they practice in any other state? It seems reasonable that if you're not safe to practice in one place, you shouldn't be safe to practice in another.
PriestessSue

Coopersburg, PA

#4 Oct 4, 2010
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon, Sue, this is no different than anyone practicing any type of medicine without the appropriate license. What he's done doesn't appear to be legal. My question is this: why, if a physician loses his/her license in one state, can they practice in any other state? It seems reasonable that if you're not safe to practice in one place, you shouldn't be safe to practice in another.
Except that there is no other surgery that is defended by saying that if it does not remain legal it won't be safe. Abortion is big business and there are shady docs that will and do exploit women.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#5 Oct 5, 2010
PriestessSue wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that there is no other surgery that is defended by saying that if it does not remain legal it won't be safe. Abortion is big business and there are shady docs that will and do exploit women.
Can you tell me any sugery that would be safe if it wasn't legal? There are shady docs everywhere that exploit people. Bottom line: if they have no license, they shouldn't be practicing. If they're caught doing so, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Voorhees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Thu MICHELE 841
News Farm holds fast to its little corner of town (Feb '08) Jun '16 I WAS 10
MS-13 in Lindenwold NJ (Oct '08) Jun '16 Lindenwold 2016 22
Review: Majestic Home Remodeling (Sep '13) May '16 disguisted 48
Heroin & Prostitution (Sep '14) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 6
Dr. Pradip Patel - Where is the DEA!?! (Dec '10) May '16 Jack Walsh 23
anyone know what happened to Frank's billiards ... Mar '16 riddellesther 1

Voorhees Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance