Former VPD chief sues Town of Vonore

Former VPD chief sues Town of Vonore

There are 2 comments on the Monroe County Advocate story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Former VPD chief sues Town of Vonore. In it, Monroe County Advocate reports that:

Former Vonore Police Chief John Hines has filed a federal lawsuit against the Town of Vonore in the East Tennessee District Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monroe County Advocate.

Andy Jones

Hollywood, FL

#1 Aug 19, 2010
I can't believe it. The similarities to the Police Drama "The Shield" are too many to ignore. Same thing goes on there. The brass manipulates the system to the upper players benefit. This time they got called on the carpet. The money involved would really hurt the town and seems extreme to punish the town over decisions made by a few. Perhaps someone needs to hold them accountable instead.
RON

Riceville, TN

#2 Aug 20, 2010
Andy Jones wrote:
I can't believe it. The similarities to the Police Drama "The Shield" are too many to ignore. Same thing goes on there. The brass manipulates the system to the upper players benefit. This time they got called on the carpet. The money involved would really hurt the town and seems extreme to punish the town over decisions made by a few. Perhaps someone needs to hold them accountable instead.
If you look further into it, he was actually let go over misappropriations of the drug fund. The DA & TBI was called in as soon as the mayor took office. He was let go before the findings from the state, but this guy doesn't have a chance of winning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vonore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cattle farmers worry ICE raid will cripple farm... 5 hr mark 3
Massage parlor next to papa Murphy's pizza (Sep '15) Mon Jennifer 49
Moving to Maryville, need s good realtor. (Jan '17) Apr 21 Just saying 4
Any know Kevin Gryder? Apr 19 Justin Biebs 5
News Memories of East Tennessee's "Midday Merry Go R... (Mar '07) Apr 15 JOE 28
Hello. (Apr '07) Apr 15 Classical Gassed 5
New obesity laws (Sep '07) Apr 15 Boo Hooey 5

Vonore Jobs

Personal Finance

Vonore Mortgages