Who Does This Tennessee Lesbian Coupl...

Who Does This Tennessee Lesbian Couple Think Burned Their House Down? The Homophobic Neighbor

There are 28 comments on the Queerty story from Feb 2, 2011, titled Who Does This Tennessee Lesbian Couple Think Burned Their House Down? The Homophobic Neighbor. In it, Queerty reports that:

Ever since lesbian couple of 15 years Carol Ann and Laura Stutte moved from Oklahoma into their Vonore, Tennessee, home in June 2005, they say their neighbor has been tormenting them with anti-gay harassment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queerty.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not Sodom and Gomorrah

Redmond, OR

#1 Feb 19, 2011
Oh well. I don't agree with burning their house (if the neighbor did it), but Vonore is one of the very few "old fashioned" communities left anywhere around here! This isn't the place they need to bring stuff like that. Whether anyone thinks it is right or wrong, it's not supported here.

“I love my wife. :)”

Since: Mar 08

Seattle, WA

#2 Feb 19, 2011
Not Sodom and Gomorrah wrote:
Oh well. I don't agree with burning their house (if the neighbor did it), but Vonore is one of the very few "old fashioned" communities left anywhere around here! This isn't the place they need to bring stuff like that. Whether anyone thinks it is right or wrong, it's not supported here.
Bring what "stuff" there? And last I checked, this was America. They are free to live where they please. I hope their neighbor spends a few years in jail for this crime.
Not Sodom and Gomorrah

Redmond, OR

#4 Feb 20, 2011
Venus_Rearmed wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring what "stuff" there? And last I checked, this was America. They are free to live where they please. I hope their neighbor spends a few years in jail for this crime.
Homosexuality is the "stuff" I was referring to!! This is a christian based community and that disgusting "stuff" is against the way of life around here!! It's their choice to live life like that, but people that try their best to live like God has instructed us to shouldn't have to see that junk! Go ahead and call me judgemental, but when it actually makes you lose your appetite to see that "stuff", it doesn't fit here!!!!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 20, 2011
Harrassing neighbors and house burnings should never be "supported".

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 Feb 20, 2011
Morris wrote:
Fake hate crime to cash in on insurance fraud.
Proof?
Concerned

United States

#7 Feb 20, 2011
Where's the proof that the neighbor is the one who started the fire?
Not Sodom and Gomorrah

Redmond, OR

#8 Feb 20, 2011
I know it shouldn't be supported. Hence the reason I said I don't agree with burning their house! Before you comment, read the whole post please. IF... and a huge IF, their house got burnt as a hate crime, it's horrible!! All I was saying is that they should've found a different place to reside. This isn't a place where anyone wants that stuff! My outlook on it is that we lived here before them, so we have the right to voice our disgust with their lifestyle. Especially is they flaunted the nasty junk to all their neighbors!! Once again, this is an OPINION!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#9 Feb 20, 2011
(nothing worth repeating)
While you have every right to your opinion, no matter what anyone thinks of it, it's attitudes such as yours that led to these incidents happening in the first place. Your problems with us shouldn't be made our problem, we have the right to live openly and honestly anywhere we want, even Vonore, Tennessee, whether you or your unfortunate ilk like it or not. The answer to your problem with our homosexuality, is not for us to behave differently, but for you to work on your obviously piss poor coping skills.
me

Shelbyville, TN

#10 Feb 20, 2011
I for one have no problem with lesbians. Espically if I can watch and join!
Anonymous

Gatlinburg, TN

#11 Feb 20, 2011
Why was'nt there any furniture or other such items in the house? Word is house was empty? and something bout a truck that was up for repo, burned in the driveway few years back? Hmm...Why were "Morris's" comments removed?
More Us

Roy, WA

#12 Feb 21, 2011
Fake hate crime.
Insurance fraud.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13 Feb 21, 2011
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is the "stuff" I was referring to!! This is a christian based community and that disgusting "stuff" is against the way of life around here!! It's their choice to live life like that, but people that try their best to live like God has instructed us to shouldn't have to see that junk! Go ahead and call me judgemental, but when it actually makes you lose your appetite to see that "stuff", it doesn't fit here!!!!!!
To bad.......like Venus mentioned......THIS IS THE LAND OF THE FREE......and whether or not you like it........this American Couple has the right to LIVE ANYWHERE THEY DAMN WILL PLEASE!!!

If the neighbor committed this crime.......he should be punished!!!
outtaPville

Toledo, OH

#14 Feb 21, 2011
I know it shouldn't be supported. Hence the reason I said I don't agree with burning their house! Before you comment, read the whole post please. IF... and a huge IF, their house got burnt as a hate crime, it's horrible!! All I was saying is that they should've found a different place to reside. This isn't a place where anyone wants that stuff! My outlook on it is that we lived here before them, so we have the right to voice our disgust with their lifestyle. Especially is they flaunted the nasty junk to all their neighbors!! Once again, this is an OPINION!
How would you respond to having neighbors who are interracial? Or Black? How about Hispanics? Chinese? An unmarried atheist couple? What about if native Americans moved in? Would you prefer neighbors who are Wiccans? Do you think a pastor next door who preaches nothing but hatred is more welcome by you then a quite tax paying gay couple? How about a politician you and your community detested? A Muslim couple? Jews? A red-neck ex-con? A single parent with a dozen kids? Just wondering, because it seems as if your community is trying to shrink a world down to the confines of where you live. Best to you.
outtaPville

Toledo, OH

#15 Feb 21, 2011
Oh yes, I almost forgot. As a Christian neighbor do you do unto others?
Not Sodom and Gomorrah

Redmond, OR

#16 Feb 23, 2011
outtaPville wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you respond to having neighbors who are interracial? Or Black? How about Hispanics? Chinese? An unmarried atheist couple? What about if native Americans moved in? Would you prefer neighbors who are Wiccans? Do you think a pastor next door who preaches nothing but hatred is more welcome by you then a quite tax paying gay couple? How about a politician you and your community detested? A Muslim couple? Jews? A red-neck ex-con? A single parent with a dozen kids? Just wondering, because it seems as if your community is trying to shrink a world down to the confines of where you live. Best to you.
WOW! That's about all that comes to mind when reading this!! You really took what I said and let your mind run with it didn't you? Shrink a world down to our confines? That is absolutely absurd to read/think! Sodom and Gomorrah weren't destroyed because of different nationalities or beliefs! It was partly due to "Men lying with men, and women lying with women". If trying your best to live by the bible is "shinking a world", then I guess we're guilty. The bible plainly says it's wrong! I usually don't open my mouth about these things for fear of being judgemental, which is what I've fell into, I'm simply stating that this town tries to abide by Gods word and they should have considered that prior to engaging their neighbors! Yes it is a free country, and that freedom has been provided by God! How 'bout not abusing that freedom?!?!?!

“One Bigot at a Time”

Since: Apr 07

DC

#17 Feb 23, 2011
<quoted text>
WOW! That's about all that comes to mind when reading this!! You really took what I said and let your mind run with it didn't you? Shrink a world down to our confines? That is absolutely absurd to read/think! Sodom and Gomorrah weren't destroyed because of different nationalities or beliefs! It was partly due to "Men lying with men, and women lying with women". If trying your best to live by the bible is "shinking a world", then I guess we're guilty. The bible plainly says it's wrong! I usually don't open my mouth about these things for fear of being judgemental, which is what I've fell into, I'm simply stating that this town tries to abide by Gods word and they should have considered that prior to engaging their neighbors! Yes it is a free country, and that freedom has been provided by God! How 'bout not abusing that freedom?!?!?!
Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed because of "men lying with men and women lying with women." The fact that you don't know how to quote your own Bible sort of points out the fact that you are using it (poorly) to prop up your prejudice.

As a devout Christian, are there parts of the country you would avoid because your religious beliefs are counter to the beliefs of those who reside there currently?

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#18 Feb 23, 2011
And still you blame the victims of the crime, what you post is absolutely indefensible.
<quoted text>
Vis4Victory

Gatlinburg, TN

#19 Feb 23, 2011
Sceptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed because of "men lying with men and women lying with women." The fact that you don't know how to quote your own Bible sort of points out the fact that you are using it (poorly) to prop up your prejudice.
As a devout Christian, are there parts of the country you would avoid because your religious beliefs are counter to the beliefs of those who reside there currently?

Yes ! I would love to see the Golden Gate Bridge, but don't care for the "Golden Gay Barage". Look it goes back to "when in rome", If I wanted to see a bunch of clowns, I 'd go to the circus! Not put up a big tenet in my backyard.
The really funny part is how bad these two have suckered everyone of you "Open-Minded" defenfers. They burned thier own house because they were about to be foreclosed on. Then they blame it on a "Special Needs" person who really can't defend herself. And you bunch of dumbass's start sending them monies$$ to show your support. How many thousands have they made of you dumb suckers? Maybe fools would be a better word when dealing with this subject. Nah, SUCKERS fits better...
outtaPville

Detroit, MI

#20 Feb 23, 2011
<quoted text>
You are mistaken. It is a free country provided by our constitution. As far as abusing that freedom, I must ask if a Christian town burning out its neighbors is not abusing this freedom? Best to you.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#21 Feb 23, 2011
Vis4Victory wrote:
(I ain't repeating it)
If I were you, I'd be praying right now what you said was true, because you're nowhere near as anonymous on this site as you thought and they will rat you out to this couple's attorneys at even the hint of a subpoena, if they were to find out about what you just said. Tomorrow you might want to consider consulting an attorney, I hear libel defenses can be pretty expensive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vonore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vanderbilt Mortgage Finance for Clayton Homes ... (Jul '11) Wed mardon16 233
Apostolic Cult (Feb '10) Wed insider 24
News Loudon County Businessman Pleads Guilty to $1M+... (Mar '09) Mon Average Citizen 13
Theresa and Josh Jul 20 AlphaBeta 1
Friendsville Music Thread (Jul '13) Jul 19 Musikologist 11
Mike Burgess Jul 19 Jack 1
Karen monroe Jul 19 name goes here 2

Vonore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vonore Mortgages