phishman73

Cidra, Puerto Rico

#1 May 31, 2006
What is the deal with some of our state taxes? Here is the problem;
At the end of November my wife and I bought a brand new bed from Bob's Store. Over $1,000 and that may not seem like a lot to some but for us it was a bit of a stretch. BUT we figured it was a good investment for some sound sleep for the nest 15 years or more. So after about 2 months we notices one side started to sink a little. We had a new baby in the house so we put off the bed problem till we had time.
Well the time came and we call Bob's Store and they sent someone out right away. the technition measured the bed and said that it was indeed DEFECTIVE. The store called us within an hour with his report that the bed had a manufacturing defect and we could keep the bed, get a same bed replacement, or come into the store and pick out another bed with credit from ours. We went to pick out a different style bed.
Once there we picked out a bed that was the same price, and even trade. When we get to the counter for the paper work we are told we owe about $60 in taxes. It seems that after 90 days of any purchase if an item is returned then we need to pay the sales tax AGAIN. WTF is that about?
We bought an item that was defective on their part not ours and we need to pay tax again. I would expect that from RI and MA but not CT. We had moved out of RI to get away from that sort of robbery.
I want to fight this still so if ANYONE knows who I can speak to, or even a start please let me know.
CT is starting to go too far!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Voluntown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 24-year-old arrested in Plainfield drug bust, m... (Mar '17) 20 hr Dingo 2
News Man arrested after disruption at Jehovah's Witn... Oct 13 The Bible Student 29
News New London man charged with murder of tribal co... Aug '17 Cathy Sidberry hi... 1
Fires May '17 Bill Zavistoski 1
News Fianc e searching for missing Lisbon man more t... (Feb '17) Feb '17 I gloria hagstrom 1
News Boyfriend: Woman Found Dead In Road Jumped Out ... (Jul '08) Nov '16 Copy 71
News Haunted Places: Hell Hollow Road (Mar '08) Sep '16 cacplanor 26

Voluntown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Voluntown Mortgages