Readstown WI, racism?
Tara

San Diego, CA

#1 May 12, 2009
I am planning on moving to WI, and My husband is African American. Does Readstown, WI have alot of racism? I know it is a mostly Caucasian town, and growing up in WI myself I have seen quite a bit of it.
Tara

San Diego, CA

#2 May 12, 2009
Also is it a family friendly town?
Terry Bell

Readstown, WI

#3 Jan 21, 2010
Readstown is a diverse and very family friendly, though not necessarily social, community. People are judged, as Martin Luther King wanted, on "the content of their character and not on the color of their skin." There is a "hippy" neiborhood nearby. There is rumored to be a "gay comunity" near Viroqua. The rest are farmers and hobby farmers. We have some Amish farmers as well. I am a truck driver. If we do not wish to associate with someone, we leave them be, and in return we are expect to be left to ourselves. People who meet your husband would evaluate his attitude towards his neibors on an individual basis. As for me, if he is a good neibor, he is a good neibor. So he has a deep tan. So what? If he likes me and mine and can be trusted, then he is an asset to the community.
[email protected]
RJHJ

Readstown, WI

#4 Nov 26, 2010
Tara wrote:
Also is it a family friendly town?
Yes is family friendly have had black people and is one family that mom is white and father black. He dont live here now but they had 3 kids and she lives here still. Kickapoo school has had all kinds of kids and still today.
jo jo

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Mar 9, 2011
hi
jo jo

Schaumburg, IL

#6 Mar 10, 2011
bye
oh kay

Winter Haven, FL

#7 Sep 28, 2011
hi
Adam

United States

#8 Oct 20, 2011
Readstown Police Officer, there is a recent story in the La Crosse Tribune about the Readstown Police Officer who is under investigation. I was the one who reported him and got the ball rolling. I walked in on him having just had sexual relations with a married woman in the bathroom of a store while he was on duty. She said it happened more than once, I turned him in and filed a complaint of bad conduct with the city and also alerted the sherriff dept. He has a lot of friends in the village government and it appeared that the village didn't care and some of them may have tried to cover this up. I have talked with other women who have also claimed to have relations with him while he was duty some say they were pressured. This guy needs to lose his badge, if you move to this town be careful of this guy.
Terri

Mesquite, TX

#9 May 13, 2012
Hi Tara, i was curious to know if you and your husband ever ended up moving to Readstown and if so, how is it going?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Viroqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Readstown officer investigated for possible mis... (Feb '12) Nov '15 Summer 5
Requesting information,please?? (Sep '15) Sep '15 Seeking Information 1
News NH police: Viroqua woman threw 6-month-old to t... (May '15) May '15 amy 1
Standing behind your word urban acres nursery (May '13) May '15 Kim N Le 7
sullivan family (Nov '14) Nov '14 john henry 1
Review: The Harvest Moon Inn & Woodfire Grill (Aug '14) Aug '14 David Ramirez 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Viroqua Mortgages