Man is killed while allegedly trying ...

Man is killed while allegedly trying to rob a pizza restaurant

There are 157 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Jun 29, 2008, titled Man is killed while allegedly trying to rob a pizza restaurant. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

A man wearing a mask ordered everyone into a back office, while pointing a gun at them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Shooter

Hampton, VA

#1 Jun 29, 2008
Now that is justice. I'll bet he won't do that again will he? LOL. Congrats to the restaurant employee.
TTL

Portsmouth, VA

#2 Jun 29, 2008
score one for the working citizens!!!!
REALLY

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Jun 29, 2008
DITTO!!! JUSTICE SERVED
Ravyn

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Jun 29, 2008
I was there and the way you are making that "employee" sound is not fair...you make him seem like he shot the man on purpose not out of self defense ....he would never in his life plan this ! and by the way you idiots spelled DOMINICK's WRONG !!!!!! stupid idiots !
Jason

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Jun 29, 2008
This should send a message out to all the criminals that the people of this nation will not stand for this anymore.
Tom

Newport News, VA

#6 Jun 29, 2008
The employee will probably be fired and sued by the dead man's relatives...
Tom

Newport News, VA

#7 Jun 29, 2008
oh, and Jailed!!
Tim

Suffolk, VA

#8 Jun 29, 2008
A brave action by what the criminal thought was another helpless victim. One less scum bag walking the street victimizing innocent people and living off of honest people's taxes. I fully support the employee's actions and I am sure he will not be prosecuted, as far as being sued let the scum bags family try the courts are tired of frivilous suits that are brought about by the stupid actions of others. And i'm sure the criminal is another of these good boys who would never do something like this. Yeah right!
Etta Johnson

Hampton, VA

#9 Jun 29, 2008
At last justice is served. I am so sick and tired of these low lifes taking advantage of hard working people. Find a job and cease robbing people and places. There will be other robberies, but at least this good for nothing will be in Hell where he belongs. No relatives should even consider suing. "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is older, he will not be out there robbing Domino's Pizza".
Sam Sampson

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#10 Jun 29, 2008
Nice shooting.
must have been your bff

Birdsnest, VA

#11 Jun 29, 2008
you sound a little ticked off stupid.
Ravyn wrote:
I was there and the way you are making that "employee" sound is not fair...you make him seem like he shot the man on purpose not out of self defense ....he would never in his life plan this ! and by the way you idiots spelled DOMINICK's WRONG !!!!!! stupid idiots !

“Stop the Violence! End Racism!”

Since: Apr 08

Close the Loopholes!

#12 Jun 29, 2008
Just sitting here shaking my head...

This employee endangered the lives of his co-workers. This sort of Wild West attitude is what gets people killed.

This employee should be charged for murdering this man. The robber had no intent on killing anyone; he probably just needed some quick cash. This is nothing but a senseless shooting by a wantabe vigilante.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
James

Hampton, VA

#13 Jun 29, 2008
Have you lost your mind? That is the kind of thinking that makes these people think they can get away with this crap. If more criminals thought they may be shot themselves I bet there would be less of these robberies.
your bff also

Birdsnest, VA

#14 Jun 29, 2008
Are you completely stupid or just dum? How do you know what this person intended to do or accomplish. I thank god and a smart boss that allowed this scum bag to leave this earth. Maybe next time it will be you because the only reason I can see for you to find fault is your a robber also.
HG Robinson wrote:
This employee endangered the lives of his co-workers. This sort of Wild West attitude is what gets people killed.
This employee should be charged for murdering this man. The robber had no intent on killing anyone; he probably just needed some quick cash. This is nothing but a senseless shooting by a wantabe vigilante.

“Stop the Violence! End Racism!”

Since: Apr 08

Close the Loopholes!

#15 Jun 29, 2008
This pizza employee open fired with a handgun. He put everyone's lives in danager. He could have just given the robber the money and it would have been over.

Instead he choose to be a vigilante, a Dirty Harry, and murder another human being. We know nothing about the robber - maybe he was stealing to feed his family, he could have been a victim himself of a poor ecomony.

We need to all take a minute and say a small prayer for the man who was murdered last night.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Do not agree

Williamsburg, VA

#16 Jun 29, 2008
A life was taken regardless of the circumstances. I read all the posts. We were not there to know what actions we would had taken, or how we would had reacted at the situation, but I know one thing for sure, if someone comes to my business or my home with the intent to harm me, my family, or the customers I AM RESPONSIBLE for, I would had done the same. We do not have the right to take someone else's lives, but THEY DO NOT have the right to come and go as they please harrassing us hardworking people and bringing fear into our lives. So for all of the ignorant comments I read so far, I AM AGAINST VIOLENCE, I ALSO HATE SCUMBAGS, BUT I WILL PROTECT MY PEOPLE AT ALL COST. That employee did what he felt was his duty, he reacted quickly and saved everyone there. He should be acquitted on self-defense.
Windsor VA

Candler, NC

#17 Jun 29, 2008
Mr. Robinson,
I would encourage you to display a large sign at your home and business stating that you despise firearms and any violence against would-be criminals. That should let all the thugs know what places are safe to enter and pillage at will. Please, buy some signs!
Signs

Birdsnest, VA

#19 Jun 29, 2008
I will gladly make them and post them in Mr. Robinson's yard.
Windsor VA wrote:
Mr. Robinson,
I would encourage you to display a large sign at your home and business stating that you despise firearms and any violence against would-be criminals. That should let all the thugs know what places are safe to enter and pillage at will. Please, buy some signs!
Sheena

Virginia Beach, VA

#20 Jun 29, 2008
Good on the employee! Need to give him an award AND a pay raise!
KTA

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Jun 29, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
This employee endangered the lives of his co-workers.[/quote]No, the criminal did that!
[QUOTE who="HG Robinson"]
This sort of Wild West attitude is what gets people killed.[/quote]So defending yourself and protecting coworkers is "Wild West"?
[QUOTE who="HG Robinson"]
This employee should be charged for murdering this man.[/quote]Murder is when a person is killed for no reason. Defense is when a person protects themselves. This man PROTECTED his lives and the lives of others!
[QUOTE who="HG Robinson"]The robber had no intent on killing anyone;[/quote]You know this how?
[QUOTE who="HG Robinson"] he probably just needed some quick cash.[/quote]The life of the law abiding citizen is worth more than your "probably".
[QUOTE who="HG Robinson"]This is nothing but a senseless shooting Prevented by a Law abiding citizen.
^^fixed^^

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,658,352
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 6 hr tordon 2,397
David (army man) 7 hr Barbara 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr hojo 64,309
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Tue Panties 59 92
White women who act black and ghetto (Sep '12) Dec 12 Jaja 9
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Dec 12 Jaja 27

Virginia Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virginia Beach Mortgages