Athletes, Police & Organizers Gear Up for Cville Marathon

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

It's all hands on deck as thousands prepare to pound the pavement in Charlottesville Saturday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
ohemgee

Buena Vista, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

so thats why the traffic was so horrible today...hey all you marathoners, run like the wind and then in 20 years your knee joints will go to hello and you wont be able to walk without a knee replacement... but please enjoy running a ridiculous amount of miles for "good health" ( bragging rights and to look cool)...im sure you will look cooler than cool and Charlottesville will continue to pretend it's a good city to live in as well...
Greene Native

Ruckersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

ohemgee wrote:
so thats why the traffic was so horrible today...hey all you marathoners, run like the wind and then in 20 years your knee joints will go to hello and you wont be able to walk without a knee replacement... but please enjoy running a ridiculous amount of miles for "good health" ( bragging rights and to look cool)...im sure you will look cooler than cool and Charlottesville will continue to pretend it's a good city to live in as well...
Don't be hating
Tex

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

lets close EVERY public way from shadwell to ivy and dare anyone to try to use the public streets for the entire weekend
jogger

Hillsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

orthopedic surgeons are just druelling with anticipation for all the upcoming surgeries realted to these marathon events....now if they can just get some of these people who should not be in the race at all for one reason or another off the streets and roads by 9:30 a.m. rather than let them run all day ......
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Greene Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be hating
Its not hating, its just the way it is, ours skeletons aren't designed for marathon running, only fight or flight, that's it. If bozos want to abuse their bodies for some irrational reason, let em.
Moi

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Its not hating, its just the way it is, ours skeletons aren't designed for marathon running, only fight or flight, that's it. If bozos want to abuse their bodies for some irrational reason, let em.
I disagree. However, I don't think our skeletons are equipped for a lifetime of marathons on any man-made surfaces. Of course runners develop knee/hip/foot issues--they're pounding against against asphalt and concrete that doesn't give/stretch at all.

You should read "Born to Run". Humans are absolutely equipped for long-distance running.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Virginia Beach Forum right now

Search the Virginia Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Hymen Ripper 1,078,355
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 11 hr Monika Waddell 2,297
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 13 hr Huh 53
Chat 17 hr PeteHi 1
Two Yorktown Teachers Charged in Abuse of Stude... 23 hr Hamptonian 6
Lonely married guy looking for friend Jul 18 Tinvab 1
Robertson's latest advice is on stomachaches, a... Jul 16 If Only 1
•••
•••