Blended parish told to change practices

Nov 21, 2012 Full story: WSET-TV Lynchburg 31

A Virginia Beach church that has offered blended Roman Catholic and Episcopal services for three decades has been told by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Richmond to meet in separate rooms for Holy Communion ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Nov 21, 2012
from WSET-TV Lynchburg:

"Clergy at the Church of the Holy Apostles were told to devise a plan that allows parishioners to remain under the same roof but worship separately.

"The plan is subject to approval by Roman Catholic Bishop Francis X. DiLorenzo and Bishop Herman Hollerith of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia.

"Parishioners told the Virginian-Pilot ( http://bit.ly/Ugpi8P ) the blended church has allowed families in mixed marriages to worship side by side and strengthen their community.

"The Episcopal leader of the church says he's confident the changes can be made ..."

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2 Nov 21, 2012
Those romans are always exclusive.

LOL.........

The Mountain Empire

#3 Nov 21, 2012
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Richmond has told the nation's only blended Catholic and Episcopal parish it must change its worship services so Catholics and non-Catholics meet in separate rooms for Holy Communion.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/11/diocese-says-...

See, the romans are good at dividing and separatism.....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Nov 23, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Those romans are always exclusive ...
Kate Schiori was born a Roman, which explains the exclusivity of today's TEC.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Kate Schiori was born a Roman, which explains the exclusivity of today's TEC.
No. Her election to the post explains the rigor and commitment of the entire denomination to the Teachings of Christ Jesus.

These Teachings are, if you have not yet perceived, both inclusive and exclusive in certain ways.

They are inclusive in their intent to bring people of different cultures and social contexts into and under the umbrella-tent of the Light and Love of a Life in the practice of Christian discipleship.

They are exclusive in their commitment of insisting on such discipleship, refusing to permit the raising up in Spirit without a concommitant practice of eliminating discrimination and bigotry by finding and serving Christ in our fellow Human Beings.

In other words, Joe, you've got to do it.

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Nov 23, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Her election to the post explains the rigor and commitment of the entire denomination to the Teachings of Christ Jesus.
These Teachings are, if you have not yet perceived, both inclusive and exclusive in certain ways ...
... making them contradictory, therefore her teachings are closer to the theses of Spong than the teachings of Jesus.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... making them contradictory, therefore her teachings are closer to the theses of Spong than the teachings of Jesus.
Nothing contradictory about what I wrote.

The offer to Come to the Banquet of Christ is inclusive.

The requirement that you show up dressed for the occasion is exclusive.

Read the Book.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#8 Nov 23, 2012
RevKen wrote:
The offer to Come to the Banquet of Christ is inclusive.
The requirement that you show up dressed for the occasion is exclusive ...
Political correctness isn't biblical attire.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 24, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Political correctness isn't biblical attire.
LOL!!!.... Changing the subject because you can't win the point!

Here is what you wrote:

"... making them contradictory, therefore her teachings are closer to the theses of Spong than the teachings of Jesus."

Nothing at all to do with politics.

Nothing at all to do with your favorite claims of heresy.

Here is the scripture: Matthew 22: 2-14

And it is appropriate to the Thread topic. If you read the story, it is not the Episcopal priest who is dividing the group so that they cannot worship together in discipleship to Christ. It is the Roman Catholic priest who is dividing them.

Rev. Ken

The Mountain Empire

#10 Nov 24, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Changing the subject because you can't win the point!
Here is what you wrote:
"... making them contradictory, therefore her teachings are closer to the theses of Spong than the teachings of Jesus."
Nothing at all to do with politics.
Nothing at all to do with your favorite claims of heresy.
Here is the scripture: Matthew 22: 2-14
And it is appropriate to the Thread topic. If you read the story, it is not the Episcopal priest who is dividing the group so that they cannot worship together in discipleship to Christ. It is the Roman Catholic priest who is dividing them.
Rev. Ken
You always know when joline knows he lost, he changes the subject....

Location hidden

#11 Nov 24, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
You always know when joline knows he lost, he changes the subject....
Yep. He ought to just admit the other guy has a point or is right. If he would do this, even just occasionally, instead of resorting to adversity no matter what, he would begin to develop his unused talent. That is, the ability to see and recognize from the other person's perspective.

Hope your Thanksgiving was good! Mine/ours was!

I cooked a 12.8 lb. turkey stuffed with a cherry-apple-cranberry-sage dressing, a green bean casserole, a pecan and brown sugar covered casserole of mashed sweet potatoes and a casserole of scalloped oysters covered with corn. Then we went to a friend's for the Feast of his 22 pounder with trimmings and with our casseroles. I opened the celebration with a prayer of thanks to our Creator for the sumptuous repast and our Country for its many blessings of freedom and opportunity.

Sometimes, we can realize that we really are very fortunate to live as we do.

May God bless you and your Family, brother.

Rev. Ken

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 24, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. He ought to just admit the other guy has a point or is right. If he would do this, even just occasionally, instead of resorting to adversity no matter what, he would begin to develop his unused talent. That is, the ability to see and recognize from the other person's perspective.
I cooked a 12.8 lb. turkey stuffed with a cherry-apple-cranberry-sage dressing, a green bean casserole, a pecan and brown sugar covered casserole of mashed sweet potatoes and a casserole of scalloped oysters covered with corn. Then we went to a friend's for the Feast of his 22 pounder with trimmings and with our casseroles. I opened the celebration with a prayer of thanks to our Creator for the sumptuous repast and our Country for its many blessings of freedom and opportunity.
Rev. Ken
RevKen, with all that great food you made, see ya next Thanksgiving!!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#13 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Changing the subject because you can't win the point!...
I don't win points: I make them, and then you deny them.

The Mountain Empire

#14 Nov 25, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!

You haven't made a point since you joined TOPIX!

LOL!!!!

The Mountain Empire

#15 Nov 25, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Ken
Thank you, had a GREAT day with all the kids and grandkids here.

Can't wait for them to leave. ;-)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#16 Nov 25, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You haven't made a point since you joined TOPIX!...
... claims the troll who can't post under his real name.

The Mountain Empire

#17 Nov 26, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... claims the troll who can't post under his real name.
Such as Geogriekins and Think Again?

LMAO!

That's one way to dodge the subject but we've caught on.

You're wrong, you know it and your sin of pride won't let you admit it....

Location hidden

#18 Nov 26, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
RevKen, with all that great food you made, see ya next Thanksgiving!!
You will be welcome, Sherlayne! Bring a special traditional dish of your own!

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#19 Nov 26, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You know better than that, Joe. I don't deny your points of conversation, when you are right. Sometimes you are and when you are, I usually express agreement.

But, most of the time, on the Episcopal Church Topix sites, you are only interested in arguing or presenting misinformation.

So, if you want to continually spend your time in worthless misguidance, there isn't much anyone but you can do about it.

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#20 Nov 26, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You know better than that, Joe. I don't deny your points of conversation, when you are right ...
And when did that last happen, because I can't ever recall it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min forks_make_us_fat 1,126,206
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Friv4games 47,494
New suspect in the Colonial Parkway murders a s... (Apr '10) 12 hr Leslie Clark 53
Why arn't there more blacks in VB ? 23 hr Levy 8
Scam Alert: Crooks target area wedding vendors (Apr '08) Tue ELEP 313
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Tue Jonah1 16,148
Virginia court system keeping data secret - and... Tue Alford 3
Virginia Beach Dating
Find my Match

Virginia Beach Jobs

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Virginia Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Virginia Beach

Personal Finance