24-hour fitness center to open in Ham...

24-hour fitness center to open in Hampton

There are 7 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Apr 19, 2008, titled 24-hour fitness center to open in Hampton. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Anytime Fitness - based in Hastings, Minn. - said it planned to develop a 2,500-square-foot exercise site at 2069 W. Mercury Blvd., with construction set to begin immediately.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" ”

Since: Jul 07

MN -now- Hampton Roads

#1 Apr 19, 2008
40 bucks a month? Good if you make use of it - guess if you're paying for it you are more likely to do something with it. Better than working out at home since here it's to easy for other needs to interfer.
Oh My Gosh

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Apr 19, 2008
This is interesting. Cordish implied he would bring upscale to the Power Plant. This isn't exactly upscale. Other Cordish projects has Gold's Gym, ESPN Zone, Hard Rock Cafe. We get CiCi's Pizza, Sonic and Anytime Fitness.
My favorite is the fact Cordish is paying himself with Taxpayer incentive money to bring NASCAR to the Power Plant. Doesn't it seem strange he has to bribe himself to come to his own project. Thanks IDA, we needed that.
Who was City Manager at the time of the Cordish deal? George Wallace. Whose staff told us all the good stuff Cordish would bring? George Wallace.
carley

Newport News, VA

#3 Jul 7, 2008
when's it gonna be done??? I've been waitin for a damn 24 hour!
MsObservant

Hickory, NC

#4 Jul 7, 2008
carley wrote:
when's it gonna be done??? I've been waitin for a damn 24 hour!
Don't get too excited. I drove past it the other day .... It's SMALLER than CiCi's Pizza. It looked like 4 treadmills were squeezed into a small box.

When it's done, that place will be a sweaty, funky, unpleasant place.

MrsT

Greenbackville, VA

#5 Jul 14, 2008
MsObservant is right! They should be ashamed of themselves wanting to have members pay $40 a month plus fees, for what looks like a 20x30 sweat box, and that's without all the equipment! This is not 24hrs finest moment. Just hit the free outdoor track!
carley

Newport News, VA

#6 Jul 25, 2008
They actually can be pretty nice. they have a lot of them on the west coast! I love it. Jus' gotta wait for some more to open...
have and have nots

Tobyhanna, PA

#7 Jul 25, 2008
still more yuppy stuff for new york commuters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,617,279
News TNCC debates new smoking policies (Mar '09) Mon martin garey 12
News Louisa Pot Bust: Louisa Investigators seize mar... (Jul '10) Mon dbassb1msncom 57
News Sensitive FBI photos from Colonial Parkway murd... (Mar '10) Sun NoQawinkydink 13
News Smoking policy (Nov '07) Oct 14 martin garey 176
Road Reapers MC allowed to pay USA hells angels... (Jun '13) Oct 14 Nun ya 14
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003

Virginia Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virginia Beach Mortgages