Man pulled from pool at Beach home ca...

Man pulled from pool at Beach home can't be revived

There are 36 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from May 27, 2006, titled Man pulled from pool at Beach home can't be revived. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

A 27-year-old man died Saturday while swimming in the pool at his home. Margie Long, a police spokeswoman, identified the victim as Kareem J. Cooke Sr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Khadine

Jonesboro, GA

#21 Sep 11, 2007
I know you are in a better place, and I keep on convincing myself that you are. God knows I miss u so much J!Believe me when I say I love all my cousins but we had a special connection. I wish you were here. Love your little cousin Khadine.

R.I.P. JAY
Jada

New York, NY

#22 Nov 17, 2007
Kareem, I hadn't seen you since I moved to Queens and transferred from Unity Catholic (a.k.a St. Gregory's) in the first grade. As young as we were, we were good friends and I still have pictures of us at parties together as kindergartners. I'll never forget when you came to school for Halloween dressed like Michael Jackson - rockin' the glove and everything. As many times as my mind ran across you through the years and throughout my relocating back and forth to Maryland, I hadn't made up my mind to actually look you up until recently. When I read the news on the net, I thought "nah, this couldn't be the same Kareem", but what's the chance of you and I being the same age, reading that you were oringinally from Brooklyn, and my vague memories of your mom calling you Jason. I needed to see a picture. When I finally saw that it was you, as crazy as it sounds, I felt the pain. I'm so glad that you were able to start your own beautiful family before God called you home. My condolences and prayers go out to your family, friends, and any anyone who was touched by your presence. God Bless!

Sincerely,
Jada Y.
Lauren

Little Rock, AR

#23 May 13, 2008
mary jane, this is lauren... I spoke to u awhile after jason passed... please get in touch with me bcuz I would love to see your daughter and send her something... my email address is [email protected] and u were right u gave him what he always wanted... maybe that was his purpose in life... he fulfilled it and God called him home... but please get in contact with me so we can talk!!
Brent

Lavallette, NJ

#24 Aug 1, 2008
hey J, it took me 2 years to do this but its really been tough on me man!!!! you were and still are the older brother i never had, you taught me about girls, and basketball and i love you for always being there for me, losing you was something i'd never forget. even as i got older and you went away to the navy we still kept in touch... i know you are watching over me and keeping me safe! till this day i still wanna be like you and still miss you man
love always
B
you lil bro for life
Summer Alexander

Watertown, NY

#25 Mar 6, 2009
MARYJANE wrote:
HEY BABES!! ITS ALMOST BEEN A YEAR NOW AND I THINK BOUT THE TIMES WE SHARED TOGETHER GOOD AND BAD. I HAD THE BEST 10MNTHS OF MY LIFE WITH YOU. I USED TO QUESTION OUR RELATIONSHIP ALL THE TIME, BUT NOW I CAME TO A CONCLUSION THAT EVERYTHING WE DID AND WENT THROUGH WAS FOR A REASON. I KEPT MY PROMISE THOUGH, I STUCK BY YOU NO MATTER WHAT SITUATION WE WENT THROUGH. PEOPLE HAD THEIR OPINIONS BUT YOU AND I KNEW WE LOVED EACHOTHER AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERED. I WAS A LIL GIRL WHEN YOU MET ME, BUT GREW AND IS STILL GROWING INTO A VERY SMART AND INTELLIGENT YOUNG WOMEN. I WOULDNT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT LIFE BECAUSE IT ALL SERVES A PURPOSE,AND EVEN THOUGH YOUR NOT HERE PHYSICALLY, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ALIVE IN MY HEART. AS YOU CAN SEE LOOKING DOWN FROM HEAVEN, THAT WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIL GIRL TOGETHER. ONE THING I CAN REALLY SAY AND STAND WITH PRIDE IS THAT I GAVE YOU WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED, OUR LIL GIRL NACIREMA KIMORA COOKE. WHEN I LOOK AT HER I SEE YOU, AND I THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR THE BLESSING HE SENT US. EVERY LIL FIRST THING SHE DOES, I ALWAYS SAY TO HER, " DADDY WOULD BE SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU.." I USED TO CRY ALL THE TIME, BUT I PROMISED MYSELF I WILL NEVER LET THE TEARS RUN DOWN MY FACE IN FRONT OF OUR LIL GIRL. SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME WHEN YOU CRY FOR SOMETHING CRY IT ALL OUT, AND NEVER LET THOSE TEARS COME BAK DOWN. I STILL CAN'T ACCEPT YOU BEING GONE, BUT I'VE LEARNED TO LET YOU GO. IT TOOK ME QUITE SOME TIME,BUT I HAVE TO BE STRONG AND LET GO OF THE PAST SO I CAN GIVE OUR DAUGHTER A HAPPIER FUTURE. ONE DAY SOME DAY WE WILL REUNITE, AND WHEN I GET UP THERE, I HOPE YOU'LL BE WAITING FOR ME AT THE GATE. I LOVE YOU BABES AND I TRULY MISS YOU!!!!! COME TO ME IN MY DREAMS...~*~*MUAH~*~*
Please Contact Me [email protected]

Im Jason Baby Cousin PLease Contact Me, I Would Like To See My Baby Cousin Nacirema
Himmy

Chesapeake, VA

#26 Mar 6, 2009
Wow, he must have been a really great guy! May peace be with you all.

Blessings,
Himmy
Renee Hastick

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Aug 5, 2009
I remember the day I found out, my sister camille and I were bedazzled. We miss you alot, I just found this page, but better late than never. I know that you are in peace, we love you and the family. You will always be in our hearts.
Rolanda

Nanuet, NY

#28 Aug 5, 2009
Kareem you will be missed by me forever.. you will always be my little brother form another mother.. ER.I.P. baby boy.. You will always be remembered..
Summer Johnson

Watertown, NY

#30 Aug 31, 2009
Larry wrote:
Kareem? What in the hell kind of name is that? Muslim?
I DONT KNOW WHO THE HELL LARRY IS BUT WATCH WHAT THE HELL YOU SAY ABOUT MY DEAD COUSIN. I GIVES A **** WHAT YOU MEANT BY THAT!
M from brooklyn

Island Park, NY

#31 May 24, 2010
Reading all this and feeling the love that people felt for Jason it saddens me to hear that Mary Jane the mother of his baby girl Nacirema Kimora Cooke was murdered by her boyfriend on Thursday may 20 2010. She did say that they will be together someday and that day is here. May they both rest in peace and enjoy each other's love in heaven.
jenel b

Glen Cove, NY

#32 Jun 17, 2010
hey jay i still cant believe its been 4yrs already and eventhough it still hurts and i still dont understand i knows youre in a safe place you will always be one of my dearest friends and i will forever miss our talks laughs and even our fights!...you would be so proud of your Godson..i just widh i couldve been able to call u on your birthday and tell u i loved u just one more time ..im sooo glad that you were my friend and at times my backbone...i truly miss u and i still cry ...but i know youre watching us!..r.i.p jay...
jenel
jenel b

Glen Cove, NY

#33 Jun 17, 2010
hey mj its jenel i know we lost touch but i would really like to be in yours and the baby's life like we spoke about before so if and when u get this please please email me [email protected]..i just found this site..if i wouldve found it sooner i definitely wouldve contacted u then...thanku and i really hope 2 hear from you!
jenel b

Glen Cove, NY

#34 Jun 17, 2010
rip mj i just read wat happened to u i am deeply saddened but im happy that you and jay are together again now and forever!!..love u both!!
Lori Shapiro

Virginia Beach, VA

#35 Jun 27, 2010
Tragic business.Sad.I didn't know the man that
died,but any death,like that diminishes G-d's
world.May he dwell in the House of The Lord Forever.
gillian

Great Neck, NY

#36 Sep 16, 2010
kareem we were in the same homeroom tyogether chi chi jazel kesha cynthia whole bunch of people tlc you rember so sorry to hear this you are for ever missed and rembered peace to you and a prayer.383.
LTR

Bronx, NY

#37 Nov 30, 2012
It funny since graduating high school you have been on my mind Kareem Cooke. I remember running to homeroom just to see you. You were always so kind and sweet to me. Year later we ran into each and again you just as you were in high school kind and sweet. I just recently heard about you death from a relative of yours, I was so shocked and in disbelief. From reading the conment you left your mark on this world and touched everyone that you came into contact with heart and soul. May god bless your loved ones because I know even years later it still hurts. R.I.P Kareem J you will never be forgotten and forever missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,274,567
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Community Disorga... 54,490
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) 11 hr Marvin 7
News Williamsburg man charged in sexual assault in B... (Jan '10) 21 hr Martin garey 11
News Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Wed Smarter than you 103
Veterans Hiring Event Wed GetMyVetaJob 1
News Dominion Energy launches commercials to build p... Aug 25 tom 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virginia Beach Mortgages