Man pulled from pool at Beach home can't be revived

Full story: The Virginian-Pilot

A 27-year-old man died Saturday while swimming in the pool at his home. Margie Long, a police spokeswoman, identified the victim as Kareem J. Cooke Sr.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brooklyn

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2006

J Cook, You're with God now condolences to your family.
Brooklyn Love

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

To all of those who knew and loved you, Jason was your name and it will forever be remeberd in our hearts. May God be with your family and may all of your children be blessed. My condolences to all who knew and loved J. See you on the other side.
Carmon

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

Jason Rest In Peace U will be truly missed. My deepest prayers go out to your family at this time.
Tinisha

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

To the best cousin in the world. May GOD bless your soul and you will forever be missed. I LOVE YOU BIG COUSIN!!1
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

I refuse to say good-bye. I'll jsut say see you later. I know that you are with the father now and I know I will see you again. I will miss you and love you always..
Your big sis...
Tiffany
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

I refuse to say good-bye. I'll just say see you later. I know that you are with the Father now and I know I will see you again. I will miss you and love you always..
Your big sis...
Tiffany
Sandy

Lodi, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2006

Hi ,Kareem .......... ur in heaven with god now so ur in peace i just wanna say weve worked at madison square garden together for quit some time and uve always been an excellent man to me the talks we had the laughs will never be fogotten may u rest in peace for ever and know that i will have u in my heart forever omar send hi love ..... condonlances to the family god bless
Carla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

When I recieved news of your passing, I felt a part of me die along with you! No words can express just how much I am going to miss you! You were my best friend and I am going to deeply miss you! I am here for the babies and will be a part of your daughters life . I want her to know you were a great man in all aspects and your memories will forever be in my heart. Don't worry about MJ, She is gonna be okay. I promise you that. I know you are in heavan watching over us because you came to me in a dream and told me to stop crying , that you were ookay and in a much better place. And since that day I haven't cried. I know you are trurly now my angel. MAy you Rest in Peace. Love you and Miss you more than anything!
MIKO

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

KAREEM,THIS ALL FEELS SO CRAZY I KEEP HOPING THAT I WILL WAKE UP FROM THIS BAD DREAM,JUST LAST SUNDAY YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD BE BY TO VISIT ME AND SHONTA WHEN TINO GOT HOME AND 1 WEEK LATER I HEARD THAT YOU WAS GONE AND I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN.IM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH,I NEVER GOT TO MET YOUR FAMILY BUT I HOPE EVERYONE IS OK AND I HOPE THEY STAY STRONG AND GET THROUGH THESE HARD TIMES.YOU WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON AND A BEAUTIFUL MAN-RIP KAREEM
J-taylor

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2006

I just found out yesterday of the passing of Jason. It hurt me so much. Jay was such a beautiful person in and out.He's truly going to be missed.
Brandon Boston

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2006

Dang folk i was just watching video tapes of our basketball games in korea a couple of days ago, and i know im just finding out u aint here no more. u was a good dude man,and may God bless ya lil man nad ya family.
MIA-PLATT-RUSHIN G

Richmond Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2006

KAREEM, YOU KNOW YOU WERE LIKE A BROTHER TO ME, PLATT AND RUSHING. I WAS TRYING TO SEARCH FOR YOU THE OTHER DAY CAUSE WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT YOU AND THIS CAME UP! WE CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE GONE. MAN WE ALL HAD SOME GOOD TIMES IN KOREA. I REMEMBER WHEN WE TOOK YOU OUT TO EAT AT THAT KOREAN RESTAURANT AND YOU WAS COMPLAINING CAUSE WE HAD TO TAKE OUR SHOES OFF AND SIT ON THE FLOOR. THAT WAS MAD FUNNY. WE GOT SO MANY MEMORIES THAT IT'S HARD TO SAY GOODBYE. BUT JUST KNOW THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THOUGHT ABOUT AND YOU WILL FOREVER BE OUR BROTHER. IN MIND, BODY AND SOUL. WE LOVE YOU AND WE WILL ALL BE TOGETHER SOON ONE DAY. SAVE US A SPOT CAUSE NOW YOU ARE OUR GUARDIAN ANGEL AND YOU LOOKING DOWN ON US AND PROTECTING US. WE LOVE YOU BIG BROTHER!!!
Torry Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2006

You know for the longest time I couldn't handle talking about this situation man so as the holiday and the year comes too a close I reflect on my ace that ain't hear no more. I found a picture of that me and him took when we was in Osan in the Challenger drunk as hell.. Kareem is was my son's god father, took him every where with him when we was in Korea. When his son came he asked Kareem why I was scoring all the points when me and him was playing on the navy team... Man me and this cat use too talk about getting old and fat and I found out he was gone why because I called his cell phone on the same weekend too see if he was coming up here on that same saturday like we had spoke about Friday night.... That shit hurts and it still does like hell but I know God has a plan and all of us are apart of it I'm just playing my role until he calls on me. I love you boi. I still can see you say yo "T" what da fuck!!!!! R.I.P.
yolanda

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2007

Torry Smith wrote:
You know for the longest time I couldn't handle talking about this situation man so as the holiday and the year comes too a close I reflect on my ace that ain't hear no more. I found a picture of that me and him took when we was in Osan in the Challenger drunk as hell.. Kareem is was my son's god father, took him every where with him when we was in Korea. When his son came he asked Kareem why I was scoring all the points when me and him was playing on the navy team... Man me and this cat use too talk about getting old and fat and I found out he was gone why because I called his cell phone on the same weekend too see if he was coming up here on that same saturday like we had spoke about Friday night.... That shit hurts and it still does like hell but I know God has a plan and all of us are apart of it I'm just playing my role until he calls on me. I love you boi. I still can see you say yo "T" what da fuck!!!!! R.I.P.
HEY TORRY, IT'S YOLANDA. HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? I JUST READ WHAT YOU WROTE. IT'S STILL HARD FOR TO BELIEVE THAT HE'S GONE. WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW/ IT WOULD NICE TO KEEP IN CONTACT WITH YOU. HOPE TO HERE FROM YOU SOON.LATER
Khalila Arthur

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2007

It's so hard to say "good-bye" so I'll say...see you later!!! We all have our time here as the Lord has plan for us all. Kareem, I know you lived your life to fullest...based of what I know of you when we were children...up until what I know of you now based on all the great things said in your memory. May you remain truly based and carry out God's plan as he has called you home. You will truly be missed!!! Many blessings to all you have left behind...

xoxoxox. Rest in Peace...K
Lauren

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2007

The way we met was so crazy but u truly changed my life and i really thank God for giving me the opportunity to know you. You were there for me when i needed you and i truly love you. im definitely gonna miss you. i miss you now, i cant even delete ya number from my phone. its so unreal to me but i know that it was your time to go home to the Father so i'll c u when i get there... luv u always...
MARYJANE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

HEY BABES!! ITS ALMOST BEEN A YEAR NOW AND I THINK BOUT THE TIMES WE SHARED TOGETHER GOOD AND BAD. I HAD THE BEST 10MNTHS OF MY LIFE WITH YOU. I USED TO QUESTION OUR RELATIONSHIP ALL THE TIME, BUT NOW I CAME TO A CONCLUSION THAT EVERYTHING WE DID AND WENT THROUGH WAS FOR A REASON. I KEPT MY PROMISE THOUGH, I STUCK BY YOU NO MATTER WHAT SITUATION WE WENT THROUGH. PEOPLE HAD THEIR OPINIONS BUT YOU AND I KNEW WE LOVED EACHOTHER AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERED. I WAS A LIL GIRL WHEN YOU MET ME, BUT GREW AND IS STILL GROWING INTO A VERY SMART AND INTELLIGENT YOUNG WOMEN. I WOULDNT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT LIFE BECAUSE IT ALL SERVES A PURPOSE,AND EVEN THOUGH YOUR NOT HERE PHYSICALLY, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ALIVE IN MY HEART. AS YOU CAN SEE LOOKING DOWN FROM HEAVEN, THAT WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIL GIRL TOGETHER. ONE THING I CAN REALLY SAY AND STAND WITH PRIDE IS THAT I GAVE YOU WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED, OUR LIL GIRL NACIREMA KIMORA COOKE. WHEN I LOOK AT HER I SEE YOU, AND I THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR THE BLESSING HE SENT US. EVERY LIL FIRST THING SHE DOES, I ALWAYS SAY TO HER, " DADDY WOULD BE SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU.." I USED TO CRY ALL THE TIME, BUT I PROMISED MYSELF I WILL NEVER LET THE TEARS RUN DOWN MY FACE IN FRONT OF OUR LIL GIRL. SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME WHEN YOU CRY FOR SOMETHING CRY IT ALL OUT, AND NEVER LET THOSE TEARS COME BAK DOWN. I STILL CAN'T ACCEPT YOU BEING GONE, BUT I'VE LEARNED TO LET YOU GO. IT TOOK ME QUITE SOME TIME,BUT I HAVE TO BE STRONG AND LET GO OF THE PAST SO I CAN GIVE OUR DAUGHTER A HAPPIER FUTURE. ONE DAY SOME DAY WE WILL REUNITE, AND WHEN I GET UP THERE, I HOPE YOU'LL BE WAITING FOR ME AT THE GATE. I LOVE YOU BABES AND I TRULY MISS YOU!!!!! COME TO ME IN MY DREAMS...~*~*MUAH~*~*
Krystal A

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

Damn J, it's almost been a year... I still can't believe ya gone... I always joke w/ Yolanda that u two were my motivation to deal w/ my relationship, as much as ya'll been thru and still ya'll kept it together, I always said I can do the same. U even told me the day u showed me the ring, to be strong and keep faith and things will get better... I will admit they have somewhat... I spoke to Yolanda yesterday and I was like damn almost a year and she was like yeah it's sad but just think of u as still here just still out on sail.and u r still here b/c Kareem jr. is u all the way, he look just like u... but i'm gonna go before i start crying in class... U r truly missed and u definitely left ya mark on many people... U definitely will never be forgotten, people got stories they can tell their grandchildren about u... lol... Lata my Dude, Love Always Krystal n Fam
Melissa Williams

Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

I still cant believe I got the phone call to say that you were gone Kareem, it was like I was dreaming. I called the command just to find out was it true! Its been a year and we(Giani, GeKhari & I) miss you. You were a good person & loved kids. I still remember bringing GeKhari over to get his haircuts from you. You will always be in our hearts!

Love Always,
Melissa & Kids
Teneisha

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

I just found this site today, I read all the messages that was left for Kareem, Kareem was apart of the St. Mark's crew all who know about St. Mark's knows what I am talking about. I found about your death last year and it truly hurt me. We were really cool to the point that we used to call each other cousins, me my cousin atiba and Kareem. We lost touch for some years now, and I didn't realize until your death that you should always try to keep in contact with those you hold dear to your heart. Kareem I pray for your family that they keep strong and keep your memory alive. I am so sorry to hear about this. All my love Teneisha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Virginia Beach Forum right now

Search the Virginia Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Mothra 45,588
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Hey Stupid 1,073,080
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 2 hr Ludwig 2,543
Influential panel recommends depression screeni... (Mar '09) 21 hr humanSpirit 7
James A. Wells Sat Real Dad 1
Why Has Ebay Been Getting So Much Bad Press Lat... (Jun '13) Jul 7 EbayRevealed 25
3 Virginia Beach men sentenced for cocaine deal... (Aug '10) Jul 7 Typical white people 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Virginia Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••