Review: Endocrinology Consultants - Ana Marie U Dizon MD

Posted in the Virginia Beach Forum

CBV

Lexington Park, MD

#1 May 22, 2009
This will be short, as short as her staff and she was with me! Walked in, went to the receptionist, first thing she did was to look at her watch as if I was late, very curt answers to first two questions so I stopped asking.
Was taken back to an area by another person, not sure her area of expertise but was seated and she started to fill out my information into their computer system. I have had this appointment for over two weeks; you would think this was done already? I was sent several pages for requested information; it took well over an hour to fill out at home. The date entry person did not look at this paper work rather she proceeded to ask me all the information I had completed for the forms.
I finally meet with the Dr. Dizon, very short, curt answers to my questions, seemed not too interested in my concerns for the appointment. Failed to address several areas of concern I had and was shuffled out the door!
Maybe she was having a bad day, I donít know but from the attitudes of her staff and her lack of bedside manner, that was my first and last appointment
RAB

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 15, 2009
Absolutely concur with this assessment. My experience with this physician and her staff in multiple interactions has been one of a condescending, dismissive and uncaring attitude on their part.
ABC

Norfolk, VA

#3 Feb 8, 2010
I concur with most of this. Dr. Dizon was curt, dismissive, and didn't (couldn't?) answer questions. I HIGHLY recommend going to someone else.
RWB Virginia Beach

Huntsville, AL

#4 Mar 23, 2010
My first experience was similar but on subsequent visits I have found her to be great. She is the first one to ever get my diabetes under control. My cholesterol and triglycerides are good and it is all due to her.
Bob
RLC

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Sep 23, 2010
I had the exact same experience as the other posts. I felt like I was waisting her time by her condescending tone. Her staff didn't seem like they enjoyed working with her either. I hope my next visit is better, like RWB experienced. Not so sure though given the judgement I already have.
PMF

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Sep 29, 2010
I've had one visit with her so far but it was fine. The receptionist staff were friendly, but the nurse that she works with seems as if she's bored and completely not interested in you. I thought she was just having a bad day, but I've called numerous times over the last two weeks (as Dr. D. suggested) to check on test results and she's been just as curt every single time.

Dr Dizon was very to the point and thorough. She's not going to be my best friend or anything, but she listened to what I had to say, took the time to look at past blood work results that I brought with me and listened to my health history before she proceeded with ordering tests. Of all the doctors that I've seen recently, I feel that she's been the most thorough and complete. I'd recommend you see her, just don't expect a warm friendly greeting and you'll be fine!
obr

Hampton, VA

#7 Mar 1, 2011
i am sorry but my first meeting with her was so memorable know why? because that was my first and last. i felt like i am wasting her time. what a bad experienced.

Batesville, AR

#8 Mar 8, 2011
Does anyone suggest someone else to go to? I'm moving there from another state very soon and suffer from severe thyroid problems.
LLL

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Mar 11, 2011
I read these reviews well before my scheduled visit. I have to admit that these reviews were in the back of my mind, but my visit was not like those described above. I found the front desk staff to be warm and friendly. Dr. Dizon's nurse or medical assistant was quiet and didn't smile or really want to engage but we did make some chitchat. She was not unfriendly. As for Dr. Dizon, I found her to very interested in my concerns, spent a considerable amount of time with me, explained lab results, asked me some good questions, and ensured that I did not leave without having my questions answered. She was warm, compassionate and everything I want in an endocrinologist. I look forward to my follow up visit at this practice. My visit to the lab on site was also pleasant, as was the check out process. Both professionals were friendly and interested and engaging.
Whitney

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Mar 15, 2013
Looks like Dr Dizon has been terrible forever! I too had the same bad experiences on my first visit which was my last as well! She is very condescending and makes faces as if annoyed when asked questions. I have never seen anything like her. I will NEVER go back and will be sure to tell everyone how horrible she is.

Virginia Beach, VA

#11 Jun 3, 2013
I had two visits with her and fired her. She is horrible. I have since found out that several of my friends USED to use her as their Endocrinologist and did the same thing.

Dizon is only interested in patients with Diabetes; awards, recognition, etc.

Not much of that in plain ole thyroid diseases. When I tried to discuss my concerns with her about all my symptoms since seeing her last, she dismissed everything I said as nonsense. She has yelled at patients and I felt strongly enough about how I was treated that I wrote a letter to Bayside complaining about her lack of compassion and bedside manner. Those of you who liked her, probably have diabetes

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Aug 6, 2013
I cannot speak on Dr. Dizon as a patient but I can give a suggestion. The group overall has some really great Doctors. I am a very young type 2 diabetic. I am 24 and I am a patient with Dr. Andrea Torres who practices in this group. She is outstanding. If you are looking for a doctor to be top-notch, caring,show compassion and concern but at the same time be very knowledgeable and take her time with you and all your concerns then you should consider seeing Dr. Torres. I got very lucky in finding her as my doctor and would recommend her to anyone needing an endocrinologist for any reason.
abc123

Virginia Beach, VA

#13 Aug 15, 2013
Dr. Mason at the practice is the same. Short, curt answers and she only half hears what you have to say. She is very dismissive and talks to her patients as if they were children. The most childish and rude doctor I have ever been too. Find another endocrinologist group. Bayside is as ugly inside as their sign is on the outside.

Virginia Beach, VA

#14 Jan 8, 2014
I've been seeing doctor dizon for thyroid issues for 5years she's very nice to me remembers things I've told her from pervious visits answers all my questions and I'm out the door
Betty

Newport News, VA

#15 Jan 28, 2014
If the doctors are this bad then maybe they should be boycotted. Maybe report them to the board of medicine. As the nurses shoud be reported. People who just go into health care for money need to have people not go to them. Its not like we are in the wild wild west and they are the only providers. People need to take care of themselves and this starts by getting rd of bad doctors and nurses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min mdbuilder 1,154,206
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min IBdaMann 49,234
scandals bar VA beach should need a special lic... (Apr '13) 10 hr vergie sentura 9
looking for models 10 hr rocco siffredi 2
Why do people in GB and HICKory think they are ... (Mar '09) 11 hr melbert delton 30
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Sat hounddogsniffin 4
Naughty cam fun with females. Sat lordbarty 1
Virginia Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Virginia Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Virginia Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:27 pm PST