Inmate Makes Houdini-Like Escape From...

Inmate Makes Houdini-Like Escape From Sussex Jail - wtvr

There are 86 comments on the WTVR story from Aug 13, 2010, titled Inmate Makes Houdini-Like Escape From Sussex Jail - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

A Houdini-like jailbreak in Sussex County has dozens of officers combing the woods for a fugitive who was arrested earlier Friday on outstanding warrants from Winchester.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
swampy

Courtland, VA

#1 Aug 13, 2010
He is going to have an uncomforatable time in the swampy woods tonight. We have had some good rain and the chiggers and ticks are moving. In the morning he will be greeted to the song of deer flies in his ears and bloodhounds coming to greet him. By about midmorning tomorrow the chigger bites will start to itch. Of course the mosquito bites are probably giving him something to think about already.
Welcome to Sussex, Travis!
Judy

Richmond, VA

#2 Aug 14, 2010
Kinda makes me chuckle, its like a scene out of a movie.
Sussex Resident

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Well - they just called off the search leaving us out here to fend for ourselves. Apparently, they cant find him but told me this morning that they knew exactly where he was and would have him in a few hours. That was at 7am this morning. Another great Sussex County fiasco.
Bennie D

Berlin, MD

#5 Aug 14, 2010
Hopefully a bear or mocassin doesn't get to him before the law does.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#6 Aug 14, 2010
Bennie D wrote:
Hopefully a bear or mocassin doesn't get to him before the law does.
Hopefully, they do. It would save taxpayers $$$$ incarcerating him.
swampy

Manassas, VA

#7 Aug 14, 2010
I find it hard to believe that the Sussex County deputies plus all the other deputies and state police officers couldn't pull off a man drive and just flush him out. Should have asked some of our local hunters to help them. I heard helicopters circling all afternoon, and I heard that someone saw him in their yard. I wonder how much Survivor Man and Bear Grylls the knucklehead has watched. I hope we have a kicka$$ thunderstorm tonight.
Concerned Sussex Resident

Uijongbu, Korea

#8 Aug 14, 2010
I agree with swampy in disbelief. The sheriff's seeming confidence on Friday night's interview has now betrayed him. This is a problem the sheriff's office must investigate internally. It is a sad commentary on the sheriff's office to let this wicked man escape. It amazes me that the escapee was able to get out of handcuffs, run to the fence, scale the fence, make his way through razor wire, and run away without law enforcement personnel apprehending him. How much has the manhunt cost taxpayers already? Citizens should demand an investigation into the deficient law enforcement procedures that allowed this bold escape, then make the right changes to prevent it from happening again. I hope this station and other media outlets continue to press the Sussex County Sheriff's Office in this unacceptable incident.
Mother of 3

Elm City, NC

#9 Aug 15, 2010
Judy wrote:
Kinda makes me chuckle, its like a scene out of a movie.
It is sad that something like this makes you laugh. Do you realize how much danger our law enforcement and citizens of Sussex county are in. It is evident that either you dont know, dont care or you dont care that you dont know. Imagine if your husband or father were out there in the hot suffering for our safety. Be mindful of what you let come out of your mouth, this isnt a movie, its real life!
Citizen

Arlington, VA

#10 Aug 15, 2010
i saw the seach yesterday, and I know that they tracked the man with manpower, dogs and a chopper. He is determined not to be found. They did all they could to find him. This individual is not considered dangerous and the hunt cant go on forever. Remember they ever halt searches for children who are lost. Theses men and women were out in the heat for 24 hours, no sleep, little food and water, there has to be an ending point. You cant seach forever and use our valuable resources on someone not considered dangerous. He will be found... Believe me they did all they could do, they were exhausted by the time the search was called off.
Overburdened Taxpayer

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2010
Concerned Sussex Resident should be more concerned with the fleecing the taxpayers of Sussex are taking on a daily basis by their County government. That's the true criminal activity. Mark Holmberg, if you are worth your salt as an investigative reporter, I would encourage you to start turning over stones in Sussex. There's more than meets the eye.
Elroy

Richmond, VA

#12 Aug 15, 2010
hes lying on the beach watching them chase ghosts on TV.small towns in finacial distress are good to stay away from.slave labor is alive and well in prison.this is the final insult to the working man,getting put away because the private prisons need bodys.the elite gotta fall before things get better.when welfare and the freebies go its gonna get hot.put together a workable plan before it goes to far.the common people will be thier targets and the elite will hide with private armys.southern states secede cut a deal with the cartels in our favor then the north can depend on us for thier drugs.with all that money we could turn mexico into a drug lab and growing farm.everyone got jobs.no more iilegals.when the demand fades we'll turn to agriculture.when the northerners quit wanting dope we talk reunion.southern states are a better hope then the bloodsucking north.

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

#13 Aug 15, 2010
Elroy wrote:
hes lying on the beach watching them chase ghosts on TV.small towns in finacial distress are good to stay away from.slave labor is alive and well in prison.this is the final insult to the working man,getting put away because the private prisons need bodys.the elite gotta fall before things get better.when welfare and the freebies go its gonna get hot.put together a workable plan before it goes to far.the common people will be thier targets and the elite will hide with private armys.southern states secede cut a deal with the cartels in our favor then the north can depend on us for thier drugs.with all that money we could turn mexico into a drug lab and growing farm.everyone got jobs.no more iilegals.when the demand fades we'll turn to agriculture.when the northerners quit wanting dope we talk reunion.southern states are a better hope then the bloodsucking north.
STOP, using that swamp water in your Bong!!!!
Elroy

Richmond, VA

#14 Aug 15, 2010
LOL just wishful thinking.
yardman

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2010
Elroy: You tryimg to say in five words.." don't know what I'm saying...
Elroy

Petersburg, VA

#16 Aug 15, 2010
yardman wrote:
Elroy: You tryimg to say in five words.." don't know what I'm saying...
quit fighting a losing battle.legalize and only the strong will survive.put people in prison for real crimes against people and property.create jobs for the littlest people.
swampy

United States

#17 Aug 15, 2010
Elroy, you "crack" me up! LOL!
peace officer joe

Virginia Beach, VA

#18 Aug 15, 2010
Whenever somebody escapes the justice system, it is a danger.
awatchfuleye

United States

#19 Aug 15, 2010
this is nothing but the normal sheriff's office crap. lets see...running through grave yard...beating the elderly...shooting at unarmed people...is this really any type of surprise? lets just wait for the next show.

jason
ComansWell Road Resident

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Aug 15, 2010
I live on the lane where over 100 sheriffs, cops and officers surrounded my house Saturday evening. Could not even get home. He was spotted in the back of my house. Its ashamed that this man is getting away and he is running in circles. The escaped man is laughing at them. We spotted him today in our field and called the police. It took them 20 minutes to get here. Im confused. This area is not even that big and everyday he is being spotted in the same area...I dont understand. Maybe because nothing like ths has never happened before and everybody just lost and running in circles just like the escaped man.
Abby

Clermont, FL

#21 Aug 15, 2010
The Sheriff's Department needs to borrow my dog. She could quickly flush him out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min No Surprize 1,549,821
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) 2 hr Aimee Hagen 105
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) 6 hr Avalon Arsenal 44
The after prison show Mon Number1fan 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Ms Sassy 63,859
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Jun 24 Bat 858
Male Rottweiler Looking for Female Jun 20 Cody 1

Virginia Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virginia Beach Mortgages