Unhappy

Midvale, UT

#21 Dec 30, 2011
The worst company! Do not sign up with that's people! They do not deliver on their promises and then they take you to collections. To top it off you can't speak with anyone of importance. You get idiot girls who don't know anything and refuse to help.
Elton

United States

#22 Jan 4, 2012
These guys are a rip off. I can only assume that the positive posts here are from BioGuard employees. They did not get rid of my ant problem, spider webs are all over my house and my shed is still infected with crickets. I also cancelled the service and they hit me with a ridiculous "Cencellation Fee". When I asked what the fee covered I did not get a response.

I checked the BBB and they have terrible ratings.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
Just Being Blunt

Virginia Beach, VA

#23 Jan 24, 2012
If you lazy ass people would clean your house once in a while you wouldn't have bugs.
Brian

Virginia Beach, VA

#24 Apr 21, 2012
We bought the service 2 years ago, completed the TEN required services with no issues. Then they show up without calling and charged for a service that we thought we were done with. We called and spoke with the manager it turns out when you sign a contract with this business you are NEVER done unless you send a request in writing to say TERMINATE my services. The remainder of the phone conversation with , who has "30 years experience" did not go so well. We have filed a complaint with the BBB and WILL get some resolution to get our 75.00 back. As the majority of the other posts say DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU INTO A CONTRACT!!!!!!!! The crappy local manager here was a rude SOB and I let him know this, he was not too happy. Stay away from them!
Bill

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#25 May 3, 2012
Cal L wrote:
Worst sales practices ever. Missleading, product doesnt work. Dont listen to the above posts. Salesmen will lie to you to make a sale. When they knock on your door just say go away. I already filed a BBB claim. It was actually hard to fill out, because he lied to us on all possible points. said he would do it, said it covered bugs that it did not. I called the HQ, they said they dont really care what the salesmen said, they have a contract.
I also warn people about this company. They sign you up by saying there is no termination fee (I knew when I signed up that I may be moving). I've sold my house and moved and now they are hitting me with a 400.00 termination. Service was fine (but so was the previous service, which although more expensive, would have been cheaper in the end). Be very cautious, I know I will steer away from this company in the future.
Bill
customer

Manassas, VA

#26 May 3, 2012
Cal L wrote:
Worst sales practices ever. Missleading, product doesnt work. Dont listen to the above posts. Salesmen will lie to you to make a sale. When they knock on your door just say go away. I already filed a BBB claim. It was actually hard to fill out, because he lied to us on all possible points. said he would do it, said it covered bugs that it did not. I called the HQ, they said they dont really care what the salesmen said, they have a contract.
he has no Idea what he is talking about...all the products work for me.
Alissa Williams

Mount Juliet, TN

#27 May 24, 2012
I was a little nervous at first when the salesman came to my door, but we have had the service for 3 years now and love it. They come back anytime you have any problems.
awesomeness

Virginia Beach, VA

#28 Jun 4, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I also warn people about this company. They sign you up by saying there is no termination fee (I knew when I signed up that I may be moving). I've sold my house and moved and now they are hitting me with a 400.00 termination. Service was fine (but so was the previous service, which although more expensive, would have been cheaper in the end). Be very cautious, I know I will steer away from this company in the future.
Bill
Bill, why give a bad review because you didn't read what you signed. The contract I signed clearly states you are responsible for 60% of the remaining contract if you cancel. You say the product works
awesomeness

Virginia Beach, VA

#29 Jun 4, 2012
READ THE CONTRACT. NEARLY ALL THE COMPLAINTS HERE ARE FROM PEOPLE WHO DIDNT READ THE CONTRACT THEY SIGNED.
Son of Southie

Norfolk, VA

#30 Jun 6, 2012
I would very much like to see Bioguard make a donation to the Mary Buckley Foundation at Beacon House in Virginia Beach, VA!!
Mark Clements

Norfolk, VA

#31 Jun 20, 2012
I wonder how these people who thought Bioguard was great to start with are now? Bottom line this company is about contract and holding you to their contract. By Va.law some of it wouldn't hold up in court. There are many people who pratice this type of thuggary. I have a couple of friends who write up illegal leases, and throw out people in 5 days, if the rent is not paid. This type of legal trickery has been going on for centuries. Saleman comes you sign, they get there the same day or next to perform the "SERVICE" before the three day cooling off period, and they think well we made at least 189 or whatever . You see they really don't care, cause there is more fish in the water. A tarnished reputation does not bother this company one bit. They work the numbers and anyone who has been in the door to door sales knows what I mean. Some will ,Some won't , SO WHAT ! If you want to throw your money away go ahead. Bioguard should be called Biograb ! They will grab what they can and could careless, you think what want, happy with their service ? That's a good thing, cause trust me ,make sure you fullfill the contract and notify them at your last "SERIVCE" you don't want it anymore in writing, if you decide to stop. Please contact our group / class action
Mark Clements

Norfolk, VA

#32 Jun 20, 2012
awesomeness wrote:
READ THE CONTRACT. NEARLY ALL THE COMPLAINTS HERE ARE FROM PEOPLE WHO DIDNT READ THE CONTRACT THEY SIGNED.
Reply you be right ! Most people don't understand or read all that fine print . The contract is actually not legal to begin with , in Va. you can cancel within 3 business days and only have to return the product, But Bioguard seems to think they found a loop hole, they come out spray about $10 or less of chemical and will charge your card $189.00 . The thing is they know they have lost that customer forever, but then they assume they would have never been a customer. Anyway you want to slice this thing you can , bottom line - Bioguard is in the wrong !
Mark Clements

Norfolk, VA

#33 Jun 20, 2012
Jennifer Allen wrote:
I really loved the service! I had a guy sale me the service on my door. At first I was a little skeptical but the service has been great. The company is very friendly and personable. Even better, my bug problem seems to be eliminated!
I disagree, but you may unfortunately find out the hard way. But as long as you pay your dues and you don't see any bug you ok, right ? Bioguard is a con and should be called BIOGRAB !
Mark Clements

Norfolk, VA

#34 Jun 20, 2012
Unhappy wrote:
The worst company! Do not sign up with that's people! They do not deliver on their promises and then they take you to collections. To top it off you can't speak with anyone of importance. You get idiot girls who don't know anything and refuse to help.
I agree with DO NOT SIGN UP or sign any contract with Bioguard, but as for the part about speaking with someone, I was treated nicely and spoke with the manager here in VA. In fact the manager "Greg" actually called me back, I want to believe Greg is really a good person. BUT ! DO NOT SIGN THAT CONTRACT ! The contract is what they are selling ,not so much bug treatment, that really just secondary to the real product the CONTRACT !
Mark Clements

Norfolk, VA

#35 Jun 20, 2012
James H wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think you are talking about the same Bioguard. I actually switched from another company to go with them and they have been the most upstanding and honest company I have ever had do my pest control. Infact, they were able to take care of the bugs that no other company could. Your complaint about "one salesman" sheds no light on the quality of the company. I'm sure their HQ said "they really dont care what the salesmas said" what a crock. No company that wanted to save a sale would say something like that! Everyone Ignore Carl's post!
Who are you a employee or relative of Bioguard ? Bioguard should be BIOGRABBERS , this company is out to make a buck anyway it can. LOCKING, you into a contract is how they do it ! Chuck Norris Karate Studios used to do the exact same thing back in the late 70's and early 80's. I help shut that con down then,by class action law suit. There were many students who loved the company,and disagreed then, but the so called "CONTRACTS" were illegal. Just because its a contract does not make it RIGHT. Bioguard is a con job ! BE WARNED
Mark Clements

Norfolk, VA

#36 Jun 20, 2012
Give me break , I read most of the comments here. If you like these crooks ,you must be employed or related to them. A couple of post made me think you might be getting more than just a bug spray from the "service tech" when they come to do the application ". There a class action lawsuit here people, the contract is not right and unfair, we can correct these crooks
Alice

West Jordan, UT

#37 Jun 27, 2012
BioGuard Pest Control LLC Provo, UT This company doesn't provide the agreed service, when cancelling they charged 364.00 cancellation fee.

I have been using this company for over a year now. Twice they did not show up to service my home when scheduled. This last time I spoke with a customer service rep twice to find out what was going, and both times I was told someone would call me back, no one returned my calls. I also sent two email they did not respond to them either. I was left hanging all day long.

I contacted the company to cancel my service, due to poor customer service and received a bill for 364.00 for an early cancellation fee. After reading reviews online I am not the only person this has happened to.

A consumer should have the right to cancel service when a company doesn't provide the stated service without paying a fee. There was a time when the costumer was always right, but no more. When will this treatment of customers stop.
R of cpeake

Chesapeake, VA

#38 Jul 6, 2012
Agree with those that experienced bad sales and customer service practices by biogaurd. Promised to come back for free re-sprays if we confined to have problems. Was ignored until the time for the scheduled (pay for) spray.

What is in the contract is certainly different than their verbal agreement.

Don't trust them.
Totally Unprofessional

United States

#39 Aug 1, 2012
Signed up with Biogaurd last month. Should have listened to my instincts. Tuesday I am sitting on my back deck with my mother and visiting aunt recovering from recent back surgery. Mind you my cell phone was sitting right in front of me. I heard a strange noise at my gate, 6 feet high lock on front and board through the back. Kinda indicates Locked to me. before I could get down the deck stairs there stands a man with a long pole and a mop head attached. I well had a come apart. I asked who the he-hockey sticks he was and what he was doing in my yard and how did he get in!! After screaming he get off my property I look to see he has taken the entire front lock off my gate, slide the board and invited himself into my backyard without calling me even though he said he knocked on the front door. I did call the police, I am going to pursue criminal trespassing and knock on every door in my neighborhood that they hit while here and show them the photo. Called the mgr and they said it was in my contract that they could enter the premises. I don't think so. Pit bull will be spending more time outside, sorry Charlie you may loose a few pounds but mommy gives you full access to the back end of the next intruder. That is if mommy don't attack first! Seriously who thinks they have the right to remove an entire lock from someones gate! Does this mean if the door is locked you just pick it to gain access!!
TrickedConsumer

Salt Lake City, UT

#41 Sep 22, 2012
Do not fall for these guys. Any company that has To go door to door without an appointment is one you should turn away until you have a chance to do proper research on first! I'm sad to say I fell for their scam. The sales man said anything he had to in order for me to sign what I thought was a one time service. He came to my side door when i didnt answer the front door and even discounted the service 75% because I told him I couldn't afford them. He ignored that fact that I wasn't the best candidate and flirted with me and pressured me into trying their service. It was dinner time and my kids were getting restless so I finally signed to get him to leave. He didn't explain what I was signing and even rushed me since it was getting late and they said I was their last service for the day. When I found out I was on a 10 visit commitment I was furious and called the office, they said they weren't responsible for anything their salesmen said or did, they had my signature so they would charge me 10 services on my card on file or I would have to pay $400 to cancel. They have very bad and dishonest business practices. Save a headache, go buy your own pest control from Lowes or Home Depot it is much cheaper and easy to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Smart Alex 1,153,484
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) 2 hr Sierra 16
Hampton looks for more math teachers 2 hr Sierra 38
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Hampton, VA (May '12) Wed Michelle 16
VA law on workplace bullying employer. Wed My boss is a bullie 1
Grieving parents get student debt relief Wed kelsey compars 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Wed kal 49,174
Virginia Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web