Virginia Beach residents can expect more jet noise for the next week

Full story: WTKR

Residents who live near Navy air strips can expect more noise for about a week. Oceana spokeswoman Kelley Stirling says squadrons from Oceana Naval Air Station and Norfolk Naval Station are conducting field carrier landing practice at Oceana and Fentress Auxiliary Landing Field in Chesapeake.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
J Rickey

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

I am a military spouse and they sound of jet noise may be a little annoying at times but it honestly gives me a sense of safety! I get that some of you enjoy your quiet but I enjoy my freedom! You are complaining about those who keep you safe! These planes protect our airways! And for those planes that are not patrolling they are logging the hours needed to maintane their certifications so that they can continue to keep us safe. My safety and freedom are worth a little noise!!!
California transplant

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Calling names and telling people to leave? Is this really what our country has come to? I am an Iraq war veteran. I didn't like the jet noise there and I don't like it here. Regardless of whether you do or don't like the noise, the jets are deteriorating your hearing (given your proximity obviously). Moving these operations to an area with less people around only makes sense for health and safety. People who will put money over physical well being should possibly rethink their priorities. Our country is going to continue it's downward spiral if we can't learn to respect eachother and compromise.

Since: Jun 12

Cheektowaga, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

A good place to move the Navy and that jet noise would be Detroit MI.
Warrior against Genocide

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jackass, no one is complaining about the Native Americans. My family is probably much more Native American than you. Your comment is ignorant and just plain stupid. No one is saying they should defend our country dumbass, we are the largest city in Virginia now and you can not even hear the person standing next to you at the oceanfront at times when they fly over.
How would you like to move near Chesapeake Regional Airport 'Larry'!?
Olaf of the Old Dominion

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Buck Rohde wrote:
A good place to move the Navy and that jet noise would be Detroit MI.
Have you ever asked the people of Detroit how they would feel about it "Buck Rohde"!?
Olaf of the Old Dominion

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

California transplant wrote:
Calling names and telling people to leave? Is this really what our country has come to? I am an Iraq war veteran. I didn't like the jet noise there and I don't like it here. Regardless of whether you do or don't like the noise, the jets are deteriorating your hearing (given your proximity obviously). Moving these operations to an area with less people around only makes sense for health and safety. People who will put money over physical well being should possibly rethink their priorities. Our country is going to continue it's downward spiral if we can't learn to respect eachother and compromise.
So how would you like to live near Chesapeake Regional Airport "California transplant"!? Those Navy and Air Force jets are not wanted in areas with less people either...you do remember when efforts to make Cecil Field, Fla. a Naval air station were voted down nearly six years ago, don't you?
VB Native

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

The jets were here long before you were. They'll be here long after you're gone. If you don't like the jet noise then MOVE!

Jet Noise: The sound of FREEDOM!!
A woman with rights

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Hey genocide,
Start feeding,clothing and adopting all the unwanted children already on this earth. Why does a man have a right to even have an opinion on what a women does with her body! Don't go throwing Religious quotes at me either people interpet the Bible according to their own needs and wants. Dumb a__ people like you can justify anything. As far as Jet noise It sucks!!!! There should be a law for Apartment Management Companys to disclose Jet noise potential like realtors. I'm stuck in a lease because I was not informed when moving here from another state. I'm surprised anyone is happy around here considering the mood this noise cause for me to stay in. It's like having a FLY buzzing around you you just can't swat.
Badd-Azzz-Cop

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

A woman with rights wrote:
Hey genocide,
Start feeding,clothing and adopting all the unwanted children already on this earth. Why does a man have a right to even have an opinion on what a women does with her body! Don't go throwing Religious quotes at me either people interpet the Bible according to their own needs and wants. Dumb a__ people like you can justify anything. As far as Jet noise It sucks!!!! There should be a law for Apartment Management Companys to disclose Jet noise potential like realtors. I'm stuck in a lease because I was not informed when moving here from another state. I'm surprised anyone is happy around here considering the mood this noise cause for me to stay in. It's like having a FLY buzzing around you you just can't swat.
Men have been telling women what to do since the beginning of time. That's the way the Bible says it's supposed to be.
If the sound of aircraft that are up there risking their lives protecting you puts you in a bad mood, that's your tough luck. Did you not see the giant Naval Air Station when you first came to town? Did you not assume there wound probably be some noise? Be thankful you don't live in a country where the jets are shooting at you.
Brotha of the Unborn

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

A woman with rights wrote:
Hey genocide,
Since when did anyone have to be religious in order to agree that abortion is genocide "A woman with rights"? Have you ever checked out the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated and asked yourself if there is a link between racism and abortion!?
spkurmnd

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Megan wrote:
My Husband is a NAVY pilot out of Oceana. They do not fly ALL night. Glad to see this "Military" town supports out Men & Women. Why don't you people move!? Sounds like a plan!
I just purchased a home in Oceana Village (right across from the runway) and personally I plan to paint an American flag on my roof with a huge yellow "Thank You!" for your husband and the rest of our hero's. For all the haters, WE ARE AT WAR! Be glad the jets you hear are ours. Sometimes we may not be able to hear each other when we are standing right next to one another and that would be a great time to shut the ^%&*% up and be grateful for your freedom. And they do NOT fly all night, the cut off is 10pm. Get your facts straight and quit sniffling.
spkurmnd

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Badd-Azzz-Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Men have been telling women what to do since the beginning of time. That's the way the Bible says it's supposed to be.
If the sound of aircraft that are up there risking their lives protecting you puts you in a bad mood, that's your tough luck. Did you not see the giant Naval Air Station when you first came to town? Did you not assume there wound probably be some noise? Be thankful you don't live in a country where the jets are shooting at you.
Really? Your opinion of the Bible is warped and twisted. If men were able to get pregnant, abortion clinics would be like 7-11. One on every corner. Stick to the subject at hand.
Angel of Mega-Death

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Dianne_ NC wrote:
First, I do not live in TN. Don't know where that came from. Second, if you don't want Oceana to move, then move the people who are encroaching since they moved there after the fact. Third, if Oceana leaves and allows the city to sell the property, you are looking at a lot of money coming in. That is prime property. Fourth, the airwing does not have to be right with the carriers. Look at CA for an example where the planes are a couple hundred miles away from the carriers. Fifth, this is becoming an issue of safety. There was a crash on the spot that Lynnhaven Mall now sits and it is still considered a crash area because of the flight pattern. The Navy can actually fly where ever it wishes. The paths they take now are just to be "good neighbors" to the city. The only flight path that is more set in stone, is the actual entry into Oceana. A pilot must fly at different heights, directions, and speeds to mitigate noise and work their way around buildings.
Peace, quite and quality of life do sell "Diane_ NC"...but who's buying!?
Peter USMC

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Hey you none patriotic losers, do your homework before you go to Virginia beach and complain about jet noise, OOOH RAHHH! To the US NAVY squadrons that give us a free air show! We want more, we want more! OOH RAHHH! and SEMPER FI!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Virginia Beach Discussions

Search the Virginia Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Roger Hammerstein 1,073,265
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr No Warming 45,601
9 1/2 inches 2 hr Ruff rider 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 8 hr Ludwig 2,543
Influential panel recommends depression screeni... (Mar '09) Sat humanSpirit 7
James A. Wells Sat Real Dad 1
Why Has Ebay Been Getting So Much Bad Press Lat... (Jun '13) Jul 7 EbayRevealed 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Virginia Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••