Smelly beach at Sandbridge

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Aug 12, 2012
There was a really really foul smell at Sandbridge Beach today. Can anyone tell us what that was?

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Aug 13, 2012
There are a lot of factors that contribute to make that haze and smell, but basically it has to do with the way the current is flowing.

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Aug 18, 2012
I think it had a lot to do with all the blue crabs in the water. They were probably dying since they are found more in the bay and brackish water. The shore is way too rough for them. I've lived here all my life and never remember seeing blue crabs wash up on the shore like they were doing last weekend. (Aug 10).
#4 Sep 22, 2012
isn't that wear the light house is ?
Geogerphy Teacher

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Gottago wrote:
isn't that wear the light house is ?
no, it's is not wear the light house is . The nearist light house is located at cape henrie which is not wear sandbrige is . sanbridge is the other way from wear the light house is .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Brian_G 61,732
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,441,310
News New fishing pier opens in Newport News (Jul '08) Thu Bossman 48
Adam Clevenger Thu DoNotFallForit 1
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Thu pantylover2112 32
News Are your silver fillings dangerous? (Jun '08) Thu daniel_wyatt 71
Looking for Bonnie Pasquino Oct 19 Ben 2

Virginia Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virginia Beach Mortgages