Obama takes Virginia

Nov 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Coalfield.com

Obama wins by 62.608 votes. 12:01 a.m.: With all but about 40 precincts now reported statewide, Democrat Tim Kaine appears to have defeated Republican George Allen to secure the Senate seat being vacated by Democrat Jim Webb.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pass time

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I'm glad that Obama won Virginia, and it is passed time for the dems.to win
this state. I'm really proud to see this. how sweet it is..... Yay !!!
Commentary

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes, it is about time. He has done an exceptional job. Unfortunately, there are still many racists in this country that cannot accept the fact that we have an African-American president. My neighbor got upset when my child used the peace sign (holding up the two fingers) in front of their child years ago. He relates the peace sign with the black race. (which is wrong)That child, now older, posted that we are doomed after Obama won. We can never break the issue of racism as long as parents continue to instill their racist beliefs in their children. I am older and grew up in the North, but my parents NEVER used the N word and NEVER said anything about anyone that was a different race, religion, culture,etc. Virginia is changing, although very slowly.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Obama is no friend of va...anti coal, anti military, etc...most voters are terribly uneducated and vote on celebrity appeal...real Virginians know the truth...
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Obama is no friend of va...anti coal, anti military, etc...most voters are terribly uneducated and vote on celebrity appeal...real Virginians know the truth...
Ohhh great educated one......how is Obama anti-military?
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

But will the governor continue the vaginal probing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhh great educated one......how is Obama anti-military?
Sequestration... Technically, military contractors were suppose to send potential lay-off notices prior to elections...any cuts hurt va due to ties to military and related industry...

I vote based on the amount of potential good/wealth for the state...

Bankrupting coal companies is not good for va either...
Commentary

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

If we had a natural disaster like a huge earthquake or storm, etc. people would come together, no matter what. Why can't we live every day of our life like this? We are all one, whether rich, poor, black , white, Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, atheist, Democrat, Republican, etc. We must be thankful for every day and treat each and every human being with respect. All the fancy clothes, cars, purses, etc. mean absolutely nothing. If those things mean nothing after a natural disaster, then they should have no significance now. So much energy is wasted trying to impress others with material things. The purpose of a car is to get from A to B. The purpose of a purse is to carry things. Clothing is to cover our bodies. Botox takes away who you are, all those wrinkles that define you.
A REAL Virginian

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Ha Ha.. that is funny...how do you define "a REAL Virginian"? Are they REAL Virginians only if they didn't vote for Obama? By your standards, would a person such as myself, having been born and raised in VA, graduated from UVA, and travelled the world, only to return to VA to live and raise my family, not be a "REAL" Virginian because I voted for Obama? Your comment makes Virginians seem mighty UNeducated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

A REAL Virginian wrote:
<quoted text>Ha Ha.. that is funny...how do you define "a REAL Virginian"? Are they REAL Virginians only if they didn't vote for Obama? By your standards, would a person such as myself, having been born and raised in VA, graduated from UVA, and travelled the world, only to return to VA to live and raise my family, not be a "REAL" Virginian because I voted for Obama? Your comment makes Virginians seem mighty UNeducated.
Why is Obama better for va?
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Commentary wrote:
Yes, it is about time. He has done an exceptional job. Unfortunately, there are still many racists in this country that cannot accept the fact that we have an African-American president. My neighbor got upset when my child used the peace sign (holding up the two fingers) in front of their child years ago. He relates the peace sign with the black race.(which is wrong)That child, now older, posted that we are doomed after Obama won. We can never break the issue of racism as long as parents continue to instill their racist beliefs in their children. I am older and grew up in the North, but my parents NEVER used the N word and NEVER said anything about anyone that was a different race, religion, culture,etc. Virginia is changing, although very slowly.
Why does it seem that anytime someone says that they're not pro-Obama, they're portrayed as racists or that their opinion is based on racism? Honestly... is that the best reasoning that those who are pro-Obama can come up with as to why people don't support 'their man'?

I'll give you that Obama has made some successes in his previous 4 years, but he's also done a lot of harm, which seem to have escaped most supporters as they seem to have the idea that he can do no wrong.

I wish I knew the details of those who claim that they're better off now than they were 4 years ago, but I can honestly say that I am not... and I'm middle-class.

Now, before the rabid Obama leg-humpers start jumping all over me, I have said similar things about Bush in the past. Romney I'm sure wouldn't have been much better, but I believe he had more of a solid plan for economic recovery (but not solid in much else).

The election polling results are suspicious as well. For example... how can 108% of registered voters vote? How can areas that heavily rely on industry demonized by the Obama administration vote almost unanimously for Obama? How can people (even people I know) show up to vote at their polling places, only to be told that they already voted when they didn't? How come many deployed military never received their ballots and never got the chance to vote?

There was a lot more fraud and shadiness in this election than there has been in the past and that has been reported in the news. I don't know if there was enough fraud to shift the vote one way or another, but the fact that there has been any fraud is enough to make people wonder about the authenticity and validity of our election processes.
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Jusy_Sayn wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Obama better for va?
He'll spread the wealth from those who work hard and smart in order to live well, to those who sit on their expanding butts and WANT to live well.

He won't tax us more though!!!!

Except for healthcare we don't want...
...or if we get a raise...
...or if we buy something...
...or if we exhale...
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Commentary wrote:
If we had a natural disaster like a huge earthquake or storm, etc. people would come together, no matter what. Why can't we live every day of our life like this? We are all one, whether rich, poor, black , white, Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, atheist, Democrat, Republican, etc. We must be thankful for every day and treat each and every human being with respect. All the fancy clothes, cars, purses, etc. mean absolutely nothing. If those things mean nothing after a natural disaster, then they should have no significance now. So much energy is wasted trying to impress others with material things. The purpose of a car is to get from A to B. The purpose of a purse is to carry things. Clothing is to cover our bodies. Botox takes away who you are, all those wrinkles that define you.
Yes, why can't we live every day of our lives like that: disregard race, religion or creed and help those who need it. I completely agree.

But what's wrong with striving to succeed... to give your family and yourself something extra that you desire that help you to feel good and feel good about yourself if you so choose to do so?

Striving for and achieving success doesn't necessarily make someone who they are. I've met many wealthy people who are amazingly generous and unbiased. Conversely, I've met and know many extremely poor people who are greedy, arrogant and biased.

What defines a person is their personality and how they treat others, not what they have. However, the weak minded allow their personalities to be influenced by what they have regardless of what and how much they have.
JoeHenry

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Im a native Virginian and I know the truth.The truth is coal pollutes and to get coal the coal companies blow up the mountains.Its bad for the envirionment and bad for folks living where the mountaintop removal is going on.Iv seen it and theres nothing god about it.I hope Obama is harder on the coal companies then he was the last four years.Im educated,I work and I dont vote for celebrities.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

JoeHenry wrote:
<quoted text>
Im a native Virginian and I know the truth.The truth is coal pollutes and to get coal the coal companies blow up the mountains.Its bad for the envirionment and bad for folks living where the mountaintop removal is going on.Iv seen it and theres nothing god about it.I hope Obama is harder on the coal companies then he was the last four years.Im educated,I work and I dont vote for celebrities.
I don't think you were educated far enough...
Dude

Marshall, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll spread the wealth from those who work hard and smart in order to live well, to those who sit on their expanding butts and WANT to live well.
He won't tax us more though!!!!
Except for healthcare we don't want...
...or if we get a raise...
...or if we buy something...
...or if we exhale...
no matter how many times you or pundits from foxnews says it, or posts it, it's still a lie. What did Joseph Goebbels say, it doesn't matter if it's true or not, say it enough and it becomes the truth? No, it doesn't, you and foxnews are taking a page from Nazy Germany. FoxNews has become the radical arm of the fascist right.
"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in an American flag."
~Sinclair Lewis
Dude

Marshall, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

*radical propaganda ministry of the fascist right
Dude

Marshall, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it seem that anytime someone says that they're not pro-Obama, they're portrayed as racists or that their opinion is based on racism? Honestly... is that the best reasoning that those who are pro-Obama can come up with as to why people don't support 'their man'?
I'll give you that Obama has made some successes in his previous 4 years, but he's also done a lot of harm, which seem to have escaped most supporters as they seem to have the idea that he can do no wrong.
I wish I knew the details of those who claim that they're better off now than they were 4 years ago, but I can honestly say that I am not... and I'm middle-class.
Now, before the rabid Obama leg-humpers start jumping all over me, I have said similar things about Bush in the past. Romney I'm sure wouldn't have been much better, but I believe he had more of a solid plan for economic recovery (but not solid in much else).
The election polling results are suspicious as well. For example... how can 108% of registered voters vote? How can areas that heavily rely on industry demonized by the Obama administration vote almost unanimously for Obama? How can people (even people I know) show up to vote at their polling places, only to be told that they already voted when they didn't? How come many deployed military never received their ballots and never got the chance to vote?
There was a lot more fraud and shadiness in this election than there has been in the past and that has been reported in the news. I don't know if there was enough fraud to shift the vote one way or another, but the fact that there has been any fraud is enough to make people wonder about the authenticity and validity of our election processes.
because there is an undeniable racist undercurrent, he's muslim, he's Kenyan, he's not American, Obamalacka ukalaka shlaka, the hip hop president, etc.
The same could be said for every administration, right? He's certainly not worse than Bush, and has employed the same economic principle that Reagan did, except we already had massive debt becausse every president since Reagan has been a trickle down supply-sider except G.H and Slick Willy, who sold out US manufacturing (slick willy)
The difference with Romney is people were afraid of his social agenda. Since W. Bush, we've already been losing civil liberties at an alarming rate, and while I didn't vote for Obama either time, I was hoping that he would relinquish much of the liberty robbing principles that W. Bush put into place not strengthen them. I agree with your assertion, Romney most certainly wouldn't have. Right now, I'm not seeing much difference between either party, except the Obama doesn't have anyone to placate to. Congress does, and that is why they're using these distraction tactics. Romney did, too.
I'll wait for credible information on the voter fraud, just because it's on the internet, doesn't make it true.
Dude

Marshall, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

JoeHenry wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.eia.gov/coal/annual /
U.S. coal production in 2011 increased slightly from 2010, driven by export demand, to roughly 1.1 billion short tons.
Production in the Western Region, which includes Wyoming, totaled 587.6 million short tons, a 0.7 percent decline from 2010.
In 2011, productive capacity of coal mines increased by 2.5 million short tons to 1.3 billion short tons.
The average number of employees in U.S. coal mines increased 6.3 percent to 91,611.
Domestic coal consumption of metallurgical coal by the coking industry rose 1.6 percent to 21.4 million short tons.
The average sales price of coal increased 15.2 percent to $41.01 per short ton
Obama is not hard on coal, just because someone on the internet said it, doesn't make it true.
blow up the tv

Floyd, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

JoeHenry wrote:
<quoted text>
And, where exactly will all those people in the coal regions work? There are no jobs there without coal. I hate mountaintop removal but I hate even worse when people have no work. It's easy, and selfish, to say that coal should not be used as a fuel - unless you come up with an alternative way to earn a living in those areas.
Jack

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama had a great first 4 years, now its time to reduce the deficit by downsizing the military. Reducing compensation and eliminating bloated benefits, that are way out of touch with the private sector were the nations wealth is created and taxed to support an inefficient military apperatus. Thats all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Virginia Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••