Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,376
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
PHD

Overton, TX

#34209 Feb 9, 2013
You should have swept the snow off of the panels.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#34210 Feb 9, 2013
A cheap and easy plan to stop global warming

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34211 Feb 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at snow covered solar panels on roofs here in Germany, they sure don't work when you need heat most.
Down with insulation and conservation, up with energy production and use. If you aren't emitting greenhouse gas, what good are you?
Yup, go ahead & emit all the carbon you want. You'd just better hope you're not in north Germany, because it'll all be under water. Bye-bye, Kiel; Hamburg will be in trouble as well.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34213 Feb 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at snow covered solar panels on roofs here in Germany, they sure don't work when you need heat most.
Down with insulation and conservation, up with energy production and use. If you aren't emitting greenhouse gas, what good are you?
Sorry, super BrainG, you gonna get more snow.

We're all emitting greenhouse gases, whether we want to or not. You Idiot.

But, Brain, in sunny northern Germany, there by the sea, the snow will just melt right away when the sun comes out. Right?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#34214 Feb 9, 2013
The climate in Germany sucks in winter, so I'll vacation in the Caribbean. We can't mitigate climate change, but we can move to take advantage of better climate.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34215 Feb 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You're lying.

At Berlin's latitude, those solar collectors should be tilted at 67 degrees, too steep an angle to catch snow.

We've been wondering the same about you; what good are you?
PHD

Overton, TX

#34216 Feb 10, 2013
A broom works well. Tilt it at a 45 deg angle and sweep.
Gitano

Miami, FL

#34217 Feb 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The climate in Germany sucks in winter, so I'll vacation in the Caribbean. We can't mitigate climate change, but we can move to take advantage of better climate.
Regardless if USA and most of Eorupe do all we can to curtail global warming, ALL of Latin America, Asia, Africa and Middle east (perhaps not Israel) will wipe their butts with it and any future global warming UN type "regulations" , much as they do now .
Gitano

Miami, FL

#34218 Feb 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Brian, Teener, other deniers on here, they can't help it. They watch Fox News.
Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany
With Fox, it's hard to tell if this is ignorance or dishonesty. They must not know how to use a computer; that's the ignorance part. That's pretty bad, since probably 75% of the people in the US and the UK know how to use a search engine.
So it must be dishonesty. They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies. And their audience believes them.
"They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies."

FOX would be correct in such an assumption. FOX viewers want to believe certain things ,so FOX simply satisfies the craving for ignorance .
My uncle is a FOX and Glenn Beck pupett who see's conspiracies behind every tree and after several years of watching FOX hates all non Christians .

He hated Mormons till Romney ran but now back to hating them again.

Jews for being "liberal" (aka open minded progressive) and their war on Christmas (FOX does imply that)and Muslims and Hindus (He "FOX thinks" they are the same) for trying to kill HIM (him in particular as Glenn Beck implies).

For the most part he thinks the world is out to get right wing Christians and FOX wouldn't have it any other way.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34219 Feb 10, 2013
Fox news and scientific science fiction go hand and hand.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#34220 Feb 10, 2013
PHD wrote:
Fox news and scientific science fiction go hand and hand.
Correction:

Phox news and scientiphic sceince phiction go phop and phlop.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34221 Feb 10, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:
Phox news and scientiphic sceince phiction go phop and phlop.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34222 Feb 10, 2013
Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless if USA and most of Eorupe do all we can to curtail global warming, ALL of Latin America, Asia, Africa and Middle east (perhaps not Israel) will wipe their butts with it and any future global warming UN type "regulations" , much as they do now .
Au contrare', my friend.

The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started.

Like in India, which is slightly more democratic. The people can steer the government slowly........about like we do. The worst thing about India is Pakistan. A war between those two might give us a nuclear winter and forestall the warming a bit. But not a good solution.

Progress is never equal among men.
Gitano

Miami, FL

#34223 Feb 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contrare', my friend.
The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started.
Like in India, which is slightly more democratic. The people can steer the government slowly........about like we do. The worst thing about India is Pakistan. A war between those two might give us a nuclear winter and forestall the warming a bit. But not a good solution.
Progress is never equal among men.
"The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started"

I hope you are correct but I am inclined to disagree with you on this.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34225 Feb 11, 2013
Progress is never equal among the vast.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34227 Feb 11, 2013
Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
"The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started"
I hope you are correct but I am inclined to disagree with you on this.
Of course I'm correct.

I get my news from NPR.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#34228 Feb 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I'm correct.
I get my news from NPR.
Good.

You are safe, also. <re bad weather>
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34229 Feb 11, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Good.
I was tuned to Public Radio Mississippi on April 27, 2011, so I knew what could be coming. The radio helped to save my life.

You can be sure we were tuned in yesterday as well.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34230 Feb 12, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Good.
"WOW" the spaced out spacedoutblues finally has flipped. TOO much ethanol to drink. Well maybe if everyone listens to its favorite channel to world will be safe. Also<re bad weather>.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#34231 Feb 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know which mainstream media you are watching (probably Fox "news") but they've been mentioning the hell out of it lately. In fact, there is often a special segment on climate change.
Maybe the less than a box of rocks, valley girl Teener only gets her news from Rush and Sean and the clowns on Faux Noose. THAT'S the real fringe.
Your stale argument is based on a minority of mostly media reports of a coming ice age 50 years ago. The real scientist behind the most prominent of those reports was a guy who later became one of the biggest anti-AGW proponents, Mr. Singer. He worked for the tobacco lobby too.
There's that agenda you were looking for; only, funny thing is, it's in your camp.
Actually.
Actually, I watch more CBS than Fox news. I also watch NBC, and ABC far more than Fox news. Unlike you I make sure I check multiple sources so that I know about as many sides of an issue as possible. Do I read Rush Limbaugh transcripts, yes. Then again I will also read the State of the Union transcripts since it is faster to read them than watch it or spend three hours listening to Limbaugh. I also pay attention to viewership and Fox has a far higher one than CNN.

The fact that you have to refer to me in such negative terms as valley girl (for someone who has never lived in Califronia), teener, and others tells me that you are responding on an emotional and not a mental level.

As for my arguement, it is base more than on the last fifty years. That if anything is a sign of how narrow minded your views are. The subject of man and climate change goes back a couple of centuries. They were those who blamed the sinking of the Titantic on man made climate change which was far longer than fifty years ago. There are those who looked at the Internal Combustion Engine the same way you look at solar and the electric car as something that would help prevent climate change. They of course considered methane from all the decomposing horse manure to be a greater threat at the time.

If you consider my arguement against your agrument stale then you should take a look at your argument. After all, mine's is in response to yours which means yours is older.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min RoxLo 1,156,631
Shirley Phelps Roper deserves the worst punishm... (May '06) 1 hr Brian 642
Small Sellers Migrating from Ebay to Facebook 15 hr WebSales 1
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) 17 hr Onehastowonder 6
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) 22 hr Swedenforever 21
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Sat ronnetta 19
Looking for some old friends from hampton roads... (Feb '14) Fri djl0st12 3
Virginia Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Virginia Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Virginia Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News