Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
32,241 - 32,260 of 46,242 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Global warming rocks! Goes really well with some cold beer and conch fritters.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

No, it' scientific science fiction.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
Associated Press
Two of the Great Lakes have hit their lowest water levels ever recorded, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Tuesday, capping more than a decade of below-normal rain and snowfall and higher temperatures that boost evaporation.
Measurements taken last month show Lake Huron and Lake Michigan have reached their lowest ebb since record keeping began in 1918, and the lakes could set additional records over the next few months, the corps said. The lakes were 29 inches below their long-term average and had declined 17 inches since January 2012.
The other Great Lakes Superior, Erie and Ontario were also well below average.
"We're in an extreme situation," said Keith Kompoltowicz, watershed hydrology chief for the corps district office in Detroit.
The low water has caused heavy economic losses by forcing cargo ships to carry lighter loads, leaving boat docks high and dry, and damaging fish-spawning areas. And vegetation has sprung up in newly exposed shoreline bottomlands, a turnoff for hotel customers who prefer sandy beaches.
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><>
Don't worry about the government taxing your coal and oil. Global warming is already taxing us!
Did it say any thing in there about the water bottle companies pumping water around the clock and shipping it around the world? Watch this: Blue Gold World Water Wars

Or maybe the cities and towns around the lakes are pumping massive amounts of water 24/7?
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

They certianly do.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
"Large lying language" doesn't have enough math to keep track of scores. Even if it could calculate properly(it can't), it would lie. Its name, "Large lying language", tells all.
//////////
'large lying language' luffed:
Getting me riled up eh BOY? Think you can get me bad eh BOY?
//////////
litesong wrote:
Use the word 'BOY' fifty more times, its yours forever.
'large lying language' is the one who missed its math & science degrees.'large lying language' is the one who never took upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa........ ya does did get yer DEE-plooomaa, right.

Ya shoulda done what yer hi skule cownsleer tolt ya ta do.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Did it say any thing in there about the water bottle companies pumping water around the clock and shipping it around the world? Watch this: Blue Gold World Water Wars
Or maybe the cities and towns around the lakes are pumping massive amounts of water 24/7?
On my trips around the U.S., never got worse water than in multiple places in Minnesota, near the Great Lakes. I wouldn't drink Minnesota ground water.

But our Pacific Northwest waters? In all my hikes in the mountains, drinking from thousands of streams, never got sick & the waters were always wonderful. Best water I ever had was glacier water on Mt. Hood in Oregon. Was where you shouldn't drink, from the terminus of a glacier. But there was a gorgeous lovely pool of crystalline water. So I took a drink, then another, then another. Best water I ever had & never got sick.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
"Large lying language" doesn't have enough math to keep track of scores. Even if it could calculate properly(it can't), it would lie. Its name, "Large lying language", tells all.
//////////
//////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' is the one who missed its math & science degrees.'large lying language' is the one who never took upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa........ ya does did get yer DEE-plooomaa, right.
//////////
More bigotry for things you know nothing about?
//////////
litesong wrote:
"Large lying language" is a kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) member(likes it that way) & knows its bigotry(recently learned to spell it). "Large lying language" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Anybody have any idea what's up with Neil Cavuto?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how many time in the past two years that it has been mentioned in the news. A search shows that it was not mentioned by the main stream media and only found in fringe sites.
How many of the sites others quote are run by reputable and respected scientist and how many are run by those with an agenda and are biased. It could be said that everyone here is biased. On the other hand history has shown that many have believed in climate change and had man as the cause but expected different results or made predictions that failed to come true. How many like yourself claimed man was causing an ice age back in the seventies. They based there claims on numbers from the 40's, 50's, and 60's and blamed CO2 as the cause. Claimed it was cooling the earth.
I don't know which mainstream media you are watching (probably Fox "news") but they've been mentioning the hell out of it lately. In fact, there is often a special segment on climate change.

Maybe the less than a box of rocks, valley girl Teener only gets her news from Rush and Sean and the clowns on Faux Noose. THAT'S the real fringe.

Your stale argument is based on a minority of mostly media reports of a coming ice age 50 years ago. The real scientist behind the most prominent of those reports was a guy who later became one of the biggest anti-AGW proponents, Mr. Singer. He worked for the tobacco lobby too.

There's that agenda you were looking for; only, funny thing is, it's in your camp.

Actually.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to dirtling should happen to the rest of the 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' AGW denier ganghood'. Of course,'tiny-minded anne' is in the hoosegow with the gang.
They come in all colors, don't they, but they're all the same. Or of two types anyway.

Stupid. Or dishonest.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, these are probably actual economic costs of AGW/CC. It's just diffcult to "prove" that they're from AGW/CC, so the deniers will keep squawking.
Yes, it's a cost of burning fossil fuels, but it's STILL not reflected in the prices people pay for them. It's being externalized, & other people are paying for it.
The purpose of a revenue-neutral carbon tax is NOT to raise more money for the government, or to make people pay arbitrarily, but to make the REAL costs of burning it clearer. The real costs include all of the above, plus a WHOLE lot more.
Exactamundo! It would be hard (or impossible) to calculate all the repercussions.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, I love watching you make a fool of yourself.
Sorry, but at my age the foolish will never be that offensive. I also consider those who have to rely on name calling proof that you are the one loosing.
Yaas, dahlin', I'm sure that if we put it to a vote on who's the bigger fool, the results would be completely partisan. But while you think we're fools, we know you're fools.

The difference, my dear Watson, is in the science.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
They come in all colors, don't they, but they're all the same. Or of two types anyway.
Stupid. Or dishonest.
You forgot the most important third & fourth groups & not the same...... slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs & alleged & proud threateners.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

flack wrote:
Anybody have any idea what's up with Neil Cavuto?
Did he get a prescription for smart pills?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the most important third & fourth groups & not the same...... slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs & alleged & proud threateners.
Is this not the dishonest.....and the stupid?
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
//////////
litesong wrote:
//////////
More bigotry for things you know nothing about?
//////////
litesong wrote:
"Large lying language" is a kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) member(likes it that way) & knows its bigotry(recently learned to spell it). "Large lying language" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

God bless Global Warming!
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

And cooling climate change.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Brian, Teener, other deniers on here, they can't help it. They watch Fox News.

Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

With Fox, it's hard to tell if this is ignorance or dishonesty. They must not know how to use a computer; that's the ignorance part. That's pretty bad, since probably 75% of the people in the US and the UK know how to use a search engine.

So it must be dishonesty. They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies. And their audience believes them.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Now you have it good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Virginia Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: African Diamond Braids & Boutique 51 min unsatisfied customer 1
Gay meet up 13 hr Nickxh 1
Virginia Beach man charged with murdering a baby (Oct '10) Tue datruth 90
Jerk off buddies in virginia beach Tue Nickxh 4
Need sexual friends Tue Nickxh 1
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) Mon Anonymous 266
Racist Violence in America Mon Misplace Worry 1

Search the Virginia Beach Forum:
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Virginia Beach County was issued at August 27 at 4:07AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Virginia Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Virginia Beach News, Events & Info