Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,576)

Showing posts 31,501 - 31,520 of45,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Repeat yourself all night long, loser.
Better to be a loser than a zero.So you can't explain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Better to be a loser than a zero.So you can't explain.
Zero is a great invention.

But then you have had no hs science.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Zero is a great invention.
But then you have had no hs science.
Ahh but it takes a loser to create a zero. So you can't explain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh but it takes a loser to create a zero. So you can't explain.
Not true. Your GED is useless.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Your GED is useless.
So you can't explain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So you can't explain.
Your GED is your issue.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your GED is your issue.
Better to have a GED issue than none at all. So you can't explain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Why do you lie about having a PhD, ph'd?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Why do you lie about having a PhD, ph'd?
Lie what lie? I never mentioned what I hold. See you made another ASSumption of your---self.So you can't explain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Is Hilary really sick? One thing after another.

Too much travel.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

its nature wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is that short term climatic conditions, meaning weather, is highly variable and not an indicator of longer term trends. Even decade length trends do not predict the future, as has been plainly demonstrated by the rising temperatures of the 1990s giving way to a decade and a half of flat temperatures. The only people who claim to know what Earth's climate will do in the future are fools and lairs—nature keeps its own council. In the meantime, I suggest you do what I do, try to enjoy whatever conditions nature throws our way
A decade and a half of flat temperatures at their already elevated level or do you mean truly flat?

Next you'll be telling us that Beyonce' is flat-chested.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. Tina is actually thinking beyond simplistic absolutes for a change, weighing tradeoffs just like a good environmentalist. I knew it was only a matter of time, even if one hell of a lot of time.
However, switching dryland biofuel crops for cattle feed? Nope. Reducing cattle will become a global priority, Hindus, Masais and Texans notwithstanding.
Sorry, but the number of people who like a good steak are not going to drop by that many and I do not see any reduction of sales in the Big Mac or the Whopper anytime soon.

Of course something else that isn't going away is milk, ice cream, cheese, and all the other things made from milk which means cows/cattle will be just as popular as ever. Funny thing is also that many of those same places you are talking about for biofuel crops like switch grass are either already being used for other crops like corn, wheat, soybean, or is unsuitable for farming which means that you could not harvest your switch grass any better than soybeans or wheat.

As much as you dream of the day the simple fact is the average person isn't interested in trying to raise a family in a shoebox apartment while grazing on tofu. They want a yard the kids can play in and to gill a few steaks and or burgers. In many places owning cattle is still considered a sign of wealth and the demand for beef isn't showing any signs of falling. The price of beef has been going up and not down which is the only thing driving beef off the menu.

I would say you cannot have your cake and eat it two except you need milk to make a cake. Nor can I say that you do not know what side your bread is buttered on since those same cows provide the milk to make that butter.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Hey hey ph'd drove away dirt and tina. Guess what? gordo is back with a racist name.
[gordo assumes physics misses Canada.]
Just because the you have nothing better to do but hang around 24/7. Sorry but with what has been going on with the end of the year processing, fiscal cliff, and a host of other things I haven't had the time to spend on pointing out all the ways you are wrong. Then again if you ever took the time to spend on learning something new then you would not have the time either.

Then again you just might discover you were wrong and I somehow think you could not handle the truthy.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

phudd feces wrote:
I never mentioned what I hold.
.......'bout 100 pounds of phudd feces. Hey(not for horses), got a new name for phudd......'phudd feces'.
kal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because the you have nothing better to do but hang around 24/7. Sorry but with what has been going on with the end of the year processing, fiscal cliff, and a host of other things I haven't had the time to spend on pointing out all the ways you are wrong. Then again if you ever took the time to spend on learning something new then you would not have the time either.
Then again you just might discover you were wrong and I somehow think you could not handle the truthy.
just so you know 'tina', happy new year. glad to see you are are doing so well taking care of the 'special' class. wish you the best.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

The pace of experiments on climate change mitigation remains the same; zero per year. If scientists can't find a way to test a technology, then that tech isn't ready for rollout.

We've seen progress in other areas of science but climate change mitigation remains a fantasy.
swxxxt

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
Its Jan/1/2013 chilly Global Warming is Spring 2013
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
.......'bout 100 pounds of phudd feces. Hey(not for horses), got a new name for phudd......'phudd feces'.
Sorry the only name fitting for you is still "pinheadlitesout".
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes amnother well deserved spanking you gave the spaced out blues. See we do agree on some things.
paddyomalley

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

All I want is one of you global warming people to do is put forth a credable explanation of what difference there is between YOUR global warming and FOUR major Ice Ages with dozens of warming periods and dozen of refreezes. After all, those planet freezes and defrosts took place before cars, campfires, barbeques, cattle, six- billion people, etc. You must use scientific fact, not therory and you can not call me names.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,501 - 31,520 of45,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Virginia Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Virginia Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••