who thinks the city of virgie should ...

who thinks the city of virgie should be condemned

Posted in the Virgie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SNOWDEMON

Kimper, KY

#1 Dec 18, 2009
I do, its the most repulsive, depressing, dark and gloomy place on the planet I'd bet my life on that.It smells of poverty and oldness. Those camphouses need to be demolished, it's so grim. Makes a person want to bathe in the sunlight and kiss fresh clean ground. So thankful I don't live there, its a burden to even drive through it.
mind your own business

Anderson, SC

#2 Dec 18, 2009
u know if people like u would mind their own business then this world would be a better place to live ... if it is a burden to drive thru why the hell do u??????????
Hailstorm

Ransom, KY

#3 Dec 18, 2009
SNOWDEMON wrote:
I do, its the most repulsive, depressing, dark and gloomy place on the planet I'd bet my life on that.It smells of poverty and oldness. Those camphouses need to be demolished, it's so grim. Makes a person want to bathe in the sunlight and kiss fresh clean ground. So thankful I don't live there, its a burden to even drive through it.
Who thinks "SNOWDEMON" is an idiot. I do. He/she leaves the most repulsive, depressing, dark and gloomy posts on the planet. He/she is a complete idiot. I'd bet my life on that. "SNOWDEMON" smells of haughtiness and an I'm-better-than-you attitude. He/she needs to realize that some of those camphouses are the best some people can afford because they aren't "trust-fund babies". His/her attitude toward others is so grim. Makes a person want to puke in his/her face and dirty his/her fresh clean clothes. So thankful I don't really know him/her, its a burden to even read the garbage that comes out of SNOWDEMON's mouth.
Ole Brother

Neon, KY

#4 Dec 18, 2009
When the new US23 bypassed all of the old route from Indian Hill up to Jenkins it hurt business,s and other improvements and the old road is not kept up like it was in the past. Virgie is home to people who love living in Virgie i have no problem with that area. Just my few cents worth.
Shoo_Gosh

Lexington, KY

#5 Jan 13, 2010
To be honest, I HATE Virgie so freaking bad. But I'm prolly gonna have to live there until i turn 18, which totally sucks.:'[ It's so dull and...old. The only stores there is like the dollar store and the middle school is horrible, the basement floods with sewage, it gets robbed because the town's obviously too poor to get ad least "some" kind of security system, and the principal at the middle school is a pure butt! He never even has anything good to say about the kids except two or three cause they act like robots and never do anything but work work WORK, even during break, and apparently that's the only kind of kids that he likes. But yeah, they should condemn Virgie, they might as well, cause if it weren't for the people there it would look condemned!!!!!!!
OMG

Stanton, KY

#6 Jan 13, 2010
Well id you don't like Virgie then stay the hell out of it LOL
bwa ha

Kimper, KY

#7 Jan 13, 2010
OMG you clearly can't complete a sentence...so stay off topix lol( I'd you don't like?)

You need to stay right in Virgie where you belong.
What's not to love in Virgie? The poverty? The filth? The sleazy people? The run down homes? The feeling of a third world country?
Community Resident

Phelps, KY

#8 Jan 16, 2010
Maybe we could be like pikeville and be all lawyers offices and courthouses lol. then we really could be all the sleazy we could be.
makeachange

Kimper, KY

#9 Jan 17, 2010
Pikeville may very well be full of lawyers and buildings but I don't get the feeling of despair when I enter it. You can't honestly say Virgie looks good or clean for that matter. It's about had it, time to deconstruct. I'm talking about the area from the mouth of Indian Creek to Jo Nancy...third world countries look better, I'm sure.
Community Resident

Phelps, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2010
Really? Cause I do get a feeling of dispair in Pikeville. Not to mention try taking a walk in town. It smells like urine lol
LaUnChThEpOlArIS

Kimper, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2010
yeah, along with the mystical land of mudcreek
My opinion

United States

#12 Feb 3, 2010
Virgie used to be a happening place in the 70's anyway. I agree that the road bypassing Virgie has hurt it's business, but there are plenty of good people who live at Virgie and to them, it's home. What do you think of Robinson Creek, Collins Hwy and Shelbiana. I have to say that Shelbiana is one of the dullest places around here. Some good people there though.
what r u saying

Phelps, KY

#13 Feb 5, 2010
SNOWDEMON wrote:
Genius...The town of Virgie doesn't exists...Dumbass, Virgie isn't a town, it's unincorporated, it's a rural community...It's morons like you posting on the internet that make this area seem like it's populated with IDIOTS...Do Eastern Kentucky a favor and just watch television for entertainment...
ur the dumbass

Kimper, KY

#14 Feb 5, 2010
Nowhere in that paragraph did they say "the town of virgie".
Believe me it's a filth hole and needs to be hit by a meteor right away. It's not my fault you live in the bleakest pit of hell...cry some more lmao

I shall continue to watch television, ty. You call me a moron and you typed "doesn't exists" lmfao

I don't live in Virgie thank God!! Wooo hooooo!!!
Sandy

Ransom, KY

#15 Feb 11, 2010
I think it is a sad thing when people want to talk about destroying someones home. There are people living in Virgie, who have lived there their entire lives. What are they suppose to do? Are you, from your higher standard of living going to provide them with a place to live? You are probably getting your rent paid for by the individuals who live in Virgie. I admit, it is not what it once was, but some things can't be helped. I don't see trash or chicken coops everywhere. It is just a little coal mining town...and with that said, think about what all that coal has done for you. Please try to refrain from judging those who have less than you or it could be they have more than you, they just choose not to try to outdo their neighbors.
oh hell

Kimper, KY

#16 Feb 11, 2010
Who in Virgie could pay my rent?! Do tell. It's the ghetto plain and simple, nasty as hell. Drive around those old camphouses and see how they look. They could be in a Stephen King movie, easily. You don't have to be rich to be clean and decent, you're missing the point here. If I were wealthy, I'd buy all that mess and start dozing. Theres a particular camphouse that has pentagrams on the bottom block of it. They have a grave out in the back with no tombstone, it's eery to say the least.
All that area reaks of is dispair/depression/poverty. Sorry if I offended you Sandy but it's my opinion.
Driveby

Winchester, KY

#17 Feb 11, 2010
If you don't like Virgie then why do you keep driving through? There is a road numbered US 23 that takes you around it. Take that road if you don't like US 119. Other wise STFU. You people are very ignorant.

For those of you who don't know what STFU means.

STFU = SHUT THE F**K UP
emullins

Villa Rica, GA

#18 Feb 12, 2010
I love driving thru. Virgie it brings back alot of good memories.. If It wasnt for my grandparents living in virgie I would not have met the most wonderful husband in the world...
Suzy

Fitzgerald, GA

#19 Feb 12, 2010
oh hell wrote:
Who in Virgie could pay my rent?! Do tell. It's the ghetto plain and simple, nasty as hell. Drive around those old camphouses and see how they look. They could be in a Stephen King movie, easily. You don't have to be rich to be clean and decent, you're missing the point here. If I were wealthy, I'd buy all that mess and start dozing. Theres a particular camphouse that has pentagrams on the bottom block of it. They have a grave out in the back with no tombstone, it's eery to say the least.
All that area reaks of is dispair/depression/poverty. Sorry if I offended you Sandy but it's my opinion.
I know a few that can pay your rent. Honestly, one of the wealthy people I speak of lives in a trailer that has been added to. My dad's family has lived in Virgie all their lives. Only one of Mom's sisters lived there. They were the cleanest people with personal hygiene as well as in their homes. Some didn't have money, but always afforded soap. I think this generation has slacked on hygiene no matter where you live.
After the dozing is done, then what? I personally don't like ghost towns.

I moved away years ago, but still visit several times a year. It has never occured to me to see this little community for anything more than the beautiful memories that live there.

You know things about one of the homes that I never heard while my family lived in the camphouses. How do you know there's a grave in the yard if there is no stone? Unless the grave is recent, it's all just hearsay. Hearsay or very illegal.....
Could it be you still live in one of the houses and think you deserve better?
suzy dear

Kimper, KY

#20 Feb 13, 2010
It's not hearsay, it's a fact about the grave. This man has been dead for years now (Rodney Smith)
may he rest in peace.
I get what you're saying but from my point of view it looks pretty rough. Congratulations to you for moving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ane bias 13 min Adolph Trumputin 13
Trump In Trouble 16 min Adolph Trumputin 21
Dewayne nichloes (Jun '16) 1 hr 4your info 14
does any one kno eulis and rosemary adams!!! (Aug '09) 1 hr 4your info 10
robbery on 611 1 hr caneycreeker 1
johnathan bentley kayla bowling 1 hr caneycreeker 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Pikeville Parent 160,901

Virgie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virgie Mortgages