First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Funny

Jonancy, KY

#22 Dec 19, 2010
rhonda tackett wrote:
if peaple would keep their noses tothem selves the world would be a better place, i have two nephews at virgie ,if peaple would give them time they might fix the school
Did you go to Virgie? If so, you certainly was taught how to spell and write.
urstupid

United States

#23 Dec 21, 2010
I don't have a child there anymore, but I did in past years. I would just like to mention that as I read these posts, it is always "danny should not have done or should have done". Let me say that yes virgie school is a sh*t hole and yes in the past things could have gone differently. But things are what they are. Ole big Fred and little bitty Jimmy have been there a couple of months now and need to stop blaming everything on the past. Get over it and move on! They have a big plan but one thing is for sure. Danny osborne loved the kids. All of them. He always had there best in mind. He didn't try to make a name for himself. He taught life lessons and showed compassion for the kids. Not just the ones that a certain group of so called grown ups liked. He didn't worry about makin little bald short people mad at him and he did not talk bad about children. So keep singing ur poor pitiful sh-t and blame him for it all. I guarantee in less than 2 years you will be talkin the same about mr freddie.
KLJ

Jonancy, KY

#24 Dec 21, 2010
Gee, I can't imagine who the short, bald person is.
(LOL). How much money has the short, bald person cost our school system because of things he has said or done to a student. How many harassment cases have been filed against him? The short, bald man makes fun of children, is always causing trouble with his mouth and and also has some personal issues going that will not be discussed. Bowling has also had some personal issues in the past. Bowling will never make as a good principal until he gets that short, balding, fat guy monkey off his back. Bowling cannot think for himself. The community is wondering what the relationship is all about. Everyone is saying Bowling does not run the school.
update

Virgie, KY

#25 Dec 21, 2010
Danny Osborne was the best Principal that Virgie School ever had. He cared for our children.
KLJ

Jonancy, KY

#26 Dec 21, 2010
update wrote:
Danny Osborne was the best Principal that Virgie School ever had. He cared for our children.
I agree. People tend to forget the problems with the principal before Danny. Danny is already being missed in that school as many parents are already complaining about the same political garbage. I don't see how the some of the people in play have even kept a job. The fact is about three of them should have been dismissed a long time ago.
Virgie parent

Pikeville, KY

#27 Dec 21, 2010
Does the person in question even work a full school day? From what I've heard he's got it made up there.
rhonda go to school

Martin, KY

#28 Dec 21, 2010
rhonda tackett wrote:
if peaple would keep their noses tothem selves the world would be a better place, i have two nephews at virgie ,if peaple would give them time they might fix the school
Amazed at the fact that you cant spell people..lol
Dont you dare say that its a typo because you used it twice--go to school for GODS sake!!!
Educated

Jackson, KY

#29 Dec 30, 2010
WhatI think is so funny is that these people complain and "bitch" about Virgie Middle School and the teachers, yet they DO NOT come to the PTA meetings, they DO NOT come to the board meetings, and they DO NOT stand up and complain when their child is on a sports team or cherleading team. The only time parents actually do something is when they think they might have to pay some extra money out or their kid does not get a spot on the local team. I am appalled at the ones who think they have the right to complain when they do not get involved with the school. Those poor kids smell a "shit" smell often because of the water system out back, the old furnance blows smoke everywhere, the place is falling apart, however I don't see many parents at the board fighting for their kids a better place to learn in. Not all, but several of the teachers at VMS still care and have tried to get better things for that place. Hopefully, times are changing for the kids, but it is NOT because of the parents and people that gossip and complain about it.
Educated in what world

Virgie, KY

#30 Dec 31, 2010
But who cares???
Correct

Pikeville, KY

#31 Jan 2, 2011
Educated wrote:
WhatI think is so funny is that these people complain and "bitch" about Virgie Middle School and the teachers, yet they DO NOT come to the PTA meetings, they DO NOT come to the board meetings, and they DO NOT stand up and complain when their child is on a sports team or cherleading team. The only time parents actually do something is when they think they might have to pay some extra money out or their kid does not get a spot on the local team. I am appalled at the ones who think they have the right to complain when they do not get involved with the school. Those poor kids smell a "shit" smell often because of the water system out back, the old furnance blows smoke everywhere, the place is falling apart, however I don't see many parents at the board fighting for their kids a better place to learn in. Not all, but several of the teachers at VMS still care and have tried to get better things for that place. Hopefully, times are changing for the kids, but it is NOT because of the parents and people that gossip and complain about it.
I personally do not think you are educated at all! Check your spelling. Cherleading is spelled (cheer-leading) furnance is actually spelled (furnace). The school is nothing but a joke and will continue to be a joke until they replace some of the teachers and get better leadership in the classroom and better coaches for their sports programs. You are right about one thing. Parents who think their child may have a chance at playing sports will not say a word. Amazing how they actually think sports is more important than an education. They have some good teachers at the school. But, they also have some terrible teachers. The new school will not be called VMS. Therefore, even a tenured teacher does not have to be re-hired. Hopefully, some will not be hired at the new school. If Bowling doesn't get control of the school, and one short man, nothing will ever improve.
wondering

Pikeville, KY

#32 Jan 2, 2011
Bowling will never control the teachers. He does not know how, He was at a little grade school GF Johnson anyone could control that school They have always had good teachers and they were under control when he took over,so he did not do anything for that school,they were already were they needed to be. And the tenured teachers at Virgie will be hired . I do not know why you assume they will not. They all will be hired back . The teachers just need leadership , if you do not have that you have nothing and they have nothing right now
Tenured

Martin, KY

#33 Jan 19, 2011
wondering wrote:
Bowling will never control the teachers. He does not know how, He was at a little grade school GF Johnson anyone could control that school They have always had good teachers and they were under control when he took over,so he did not do anything for that school,they were already were they needed to be. And the tenured teachers at Virgie will be hired . I do not know why you assume they will not. They all will be hired back . The teachers just need leadership , if you do not have that you have nothing and they have nothing right now
You may want to do some research. When a school closes,(and VMS will be closing, no more VMS,the new
school will have a different name). Tenured teachers do not have to be re-hired at the new school. Just ask some of the tenured teachers that lost their jobs when Millard school changed names. Or, simply call the Ky Dept. of Education. Know the law before posting.
valley student

Pikeville, KY

#35 Jan 30, 2011
there is no room at valley for virgie students
Just curious

Macon, GA

#36 Sep 28, 2012
Why are the cheerleaders banned from cheering at the girls basketball games?
honest lady

Taylor, MI

#37 Oct 11, 2012
Did anyone attend VIRGIE SCHOOL REUNION last Saturday?
Virgie student

Winchester, KY

#38 Mar 5, 2013
We have hamburgers everyday! its so gross!
yuck

Dallas, GA

#39 May 1, 2013
Word to the wise..if you ars a parent and your child lives in Robertson creek..there is a sick woman runnin around over there ..she likes young boys..and old men. ..so watch your grandfathers..and your teenagers..Melissa on the hunt for fresh meat
VMS parent

Clintwood, VA

#40 May 9, 2013
This is a very old post but I have to add something to this. Everyone is complaining about smells, well I go by Shelby Valley frequently and the odor there is worse than anything I've ever smelled at Virgie. They've built the new school there when they should've been fixing the sewer there first. I'm very worried about my child going to school there and having to smell that daily.
Laughing

Jonancy, KY

#41 May 12, 2013
FYI - It is not the sewer from the school, or any home. There is a treatment plant in the area which causes the odor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 4 min MUSICK-NESS 1,307
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Athenesword 137,866
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 10 min MUSICK-NESS 23,467
needing information 15 min j white 1
James Kyle Jones passed away Sat nobis 1
billy little! (Feb '10) May 22 lisa 18
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May 21 cowboy 712
More from around the web

Virgie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]