ELK at indian creek
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Anderson, SC

#1 Jan 18, 2010
just wondering how many people have seen them.
seen them

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jan 18, 2010
yeah i have seen them at the mouth of indian ck.i seen 3 bulls,seen them twice at the same place,in the big bottom beside the gas station.
seen them

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jan 18, 2010
seen them twice at the mouth of indian ck.both times at the same place in the big bottom by the gas station.3 bulls.
curious

Harold, KY

#4 Jan 18, 2010
About whate time of day are you seeing them? I would love to just have a look and maybe take some pics.
curious

Anderson, SC

#5 Jan 19, 2010
dawn ,dusk
dont know

Ransom, KY

#6 Jan 19, 2010
yeah the elk come right down to the back of the hill where my mom and dad lives we got pictures of them..
Uhhh

Fremont, CA

#7 Jan 20, 2010
Be careful about listing when and where you see these beautiful animals because some people get on here and ask this question that are hunters themselves and merely trying to track them down to shoot.
Treat animals with love and respect because they might be there in the afterlife waiting on you.
llll

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2010
Uhhh wrote:
Be careful about listing when and where you see these beautiful animals because some people get on here and ask this question that are hunters themselves and merely trying to track them down to shoot.
Treat animals with love and respect because they might be there in the afterlife waiting on you.
I believe they still have the trackers on them. Be a dumbass idea to be shooting one of those things and taking it home with ya....
curious

Harold, KY

#9 Jan 21, 2010
I live close to there is the reason I was asking what time people were seeing them, lol. Yeah, I agree, would be a really stupid idea to shoot one especially with all the people that are now trying to see them and take pics. You can't even ask a simple question on here without someone making a big deal out of it. My family and I love animals, and we like to look for them while four wheeling as well, and take pics.
Kimber

Anderson, SC

#10 Jan 22, 2010
I saw 2 bull elks at the head of Carl Burke Rd. They were eating up some vines. They're so pretty =]
curious

Clarksville, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2010
how do u go about sighning up for the 2011 quota hunt
Uhhh

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2010
curious wrote:
how do u go about sighning up for the 2011 quota hunt
Told ya
SamIAm

Anderson, SC

#13 Jan 28, 2010
People, can't we just enjoy watching these elk without wanting to eradicate them? Are you so hungry that you need meat for the winter? I live near Indian Creek Junction and I have never seen them, so why don't you hunters leave them alone so we can just enjoy nature taking its course. The way things are going right now, you rarely see a squirrel or chipmunk or even a rabbit around here, so let's just slow down and enjoy them and maybe their numbers will increase.
VMS

Phelps, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2010
I am the curious that asked about them in order to look at them. I don't know who that is that keeps acting as if they are me, and my IP addy bounces from Pikeville to Prestonsburg, because of my Netgear router. I love nature and enjoying looking at the animals, and why someone would want to act so absurd on here, unless it is just to get a reaction, and I am guessing they got what they wanted. As I said before, my husband and I go four wheeling often, and we have seen tracks, and took pics once, and I love to view any kind of nature like this. Heck, I am one of the view that even wants to see a bear (my husband says not when I am with him!). Just don't give those wanting a reaction what they want.
not wanting

Clarksville, TN

#15 Jan 29, 2010
wasnt wanting a reaction i just wanted to know about the lottery hunt. the quota hunt is strictly regulated they only take a few elk a year to keep the population healthy its by the kdfw orginize the hunt and guide the hunters to make sure u only take mature animals its called wildlife management it has to be done to ensure the health of the population its really a good thing..
indian creek

Ransom, KY

#16 Jan 30, 2010
They were actually 4 elk at this bottom on Friday morning. They are so beautiful. I believe we shoudl leave them alone and let nature be free. It is a beautiful thing to see. They are huge and I see them every mornign on my way to work and sometimes on my way home. I make a speacial effort to see if they are there.
SamIAm

Anderson, SC

#17 Feb 1, 2010
I am so excited! I have tried to see these elk several times, and I have seen them two mornings now, around 7:30-8:00, but have only seen three both times. They are huge and magnificent.
jealous

Phelps, KY

#18 Feb 1, 2010
I so envy you! I am still trying to see them!! Glad you got to see them though!!!
Betty

Anderson, SC

#19 Feb 7, 2010
I saw them today,there was 8 of them andthey was so huge...it was around 2:00 when I saw them...
Sam

Martin, KY

#20 Mar 17, 2010
The Elk were in my yard one night.. One was so big and was making sounds.. They are beautiful. i use to see them evey morning on my way to work..but, i havent in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 165,706
Obamacare Repeal 13 min Trump To Resign 27
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 18 min Trump To Resign 5,259
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 18 min Rose 71
Weeksbury Music Thread 44 min Musikologist 1
You decide 59 min Tinker 1
making this country great again 1 hr Crying Snowflakes 14

Virgie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Virgie Mortgages