Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,235

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Mr Ed

Saint Louis, MO

#37357 Jan 29, 2013
All invited.
I trust Jon Jon.
He is one horse man.
Sometimes he actually DOES use a saddle.
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You found True Love! Congratulations! &#10084;
Are we invited to the wedding?
Are you renting a limo for your horneymoon; or is Jon Jon planning to ride you bareback?
Mr Ed

Saint Louis, MO

#37358 Jan 29, 2013
I love Jon Jon dearly.
I just wish he had a better sense of humor.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37359 Jan 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained the reasoning for the question. You need to look up mating behavior and the strength of its influence on behavior.
Smile.
Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok fine, lets make believe for a moment that you haven't been talking out of your asshole. Let's say you "Expose the defect of homosexual orientation." as you put it. Ok now what. Tell me why it matters. If two people are wired wrong or "defective" what do you care? How does it bring harm to anyone for them to marry? The handicapped are allowed to marry, hell even mentally handicapped people can marry. So "defect" and "unnatural" don't really cut it.
The only reason to prevent SSM is if it causes identifiable harm. All this nonsense about mating behaviors is irrelevant.
No assumption needed. You haven't disproved the point.

Here is why it matters. Words describe reality. Accuracy makes us safe and happy. Inaccuracy is called denial. It is dangerous not only for the person in denial, but all those around him. An example would be labeling arsenic 'sugar'.

In your example, you are equating genetic defects, but denying the gender distinctions. This is exactly why I encouraged you to read up on mating behavior.

Once again, if you look at the most basic essence of marriage, it is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Not only is it impossible to equate gay couples to marriage, they are diametrically opposed to each other.

I appreciate an honest question.

Location hidden

#37360 Jan 29, 2013
Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason to prevent SSM is if it causes identifiable harm. All this nonsense about mating behaviors is irrelevant.
Why is that the only reason to resist calling gay unions marriage? Who says so? There may be millions of valid reasons to resist the attempt.

Moreover, it is at the best speculation. Unprovable either way.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#37361 Jan 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Unprovable either way.
Like your opinions, eh? That's all they are; just opinions.

Like my opinion that you are a total douche-bag and a Kuntmare.

Just opinions.
Christian

Marion, IL

#37362 Jan 29, 2013
All Christians should be against this and maybe you all should read the Bible. Btw I have never been apart of the Neo-Nazi party.

Illinois

#37363 Jan 29, 2013
Christian wrote:
...Btw I have never been apart of the Neo-Nazi party.
I think you mean "a part". As written, it conveys an entirely different meaning.

I will never deny you your beliefs, but your beliefs have nothing to do with civil marriage in the USA.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#37364 Jan 30, 2013
Christian wrote:
All Christians should be against this and maybe you all should read the Bible. Btw I have never been apart of the Neo-Nazi party.
Your bible has no bearing on this discussion.

Illinois

#37366 Jan 30, 2013
The snowman isn't the problem, but he's still abominable.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#37367 Jan 30, 2013
old man wrote:
<quoted text>
gays aren't the problem, but it's still abominable. It's people who don't fear God that's the problem. Anything goes. Drugs to. No shame!! That's why the world is so fff up. Keep taking God out and putting him last when he should be first and see how much worse it gets
I wonder how many problems we could solve if people focused less on imaginary gods and more on real world issues and solutions...
Elroy

Peoria, IL

#37368 Jan 30, 2013
Saluki Rod wrote:
I wonder how long it'll take the Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians to mobilize against this? It's just letting gays be married, what's the big freaking deal? I'm straight, and see no harm to society.
EXACTLY. These bible thumpers should mind their own business. What others do in their personal lives have NO affect on yours.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#37369 Jan 30, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
there is more domestic violence against "gays", then there are straight people!= FACT!
Source your "fact"

And why do you think marriage would increase these incidences? Plenty of heterosexual domestic abuse and they're allowed to marry. How is this relevant to marriage?

Location hidden

#37370 Jan 30, 2013
old man wrote:
<quoted text>
gays aren't the problem, but it's still abominable. It's people who don't fear God that's the problem. Anything goes. Drugs to. No shame!! That's why the world is so fff up. Keep taking God out and putting him last when he should be first and see how much worse it gets
Because no god fearing man Has ever done drugs am I right? Just another idipt who thinks you can't have morality without god.

Location hidden

#37371 Jan 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained the reasoning for the question. You need to look up mating behavior and the strength of its influence on behavior.
Smile.
<quoted text>
No assumption needed. You haven't disproved the point.
Here is why it matters. Words describe reality. Accuracy makes us safe and happy. Inaccuracy is called denial. It is dangerous not only for the person in denial, but all those around him. An example would be labeling arsenic 'sugar'.
In your example, you are equating genetic defects, but denying the gender distinctions. This is exactly why I encouraged you to read up on mating behavior.
Once again, if you look at the most basic essence of marriage, it is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Not only is it impossible to equate gay couples to marriage, they are diametrically opposed to each other.
I appreciate an honest question.
I don't need to read up on mating behaviors, it's entirely irrelevant. There is no identifiable harm in SSM. This make believe harm to society you're imagining is all in your head. I will be requiring hard proof that allowing gays to marry will somehow harm society, not conjecture. I'm sure interracial marriages also made people not feel safe and happy too, I'm sure there were people who thought mixing races was against evolutionary mating behavior. So sorry the freedoms of others makes you feel uncomfortable.

And I'm sorry but whatever you believe marriages greater purpose in society or basic essence is is also irrelevant. Denying individuals freedoms because it doesn't fit with your grand vision of what marriage or society should be is sick.

Location hidden

#37372 Jan 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that the only reason to resist calling gay unions marriage? Who says so? There may be millions of valid reasons to resist the attempt.
Moreover, it is at the best speculation. Unprovable either way.
If there sre millions of valid reasons I would love to hear them. If the reason isn't that it causes harm of some sort I have difficulty finding any other reasons.

When it comes down to it burden of proof is on those who claim it does cause harm or whatever other reasons they have, if it's unprovable either way then you have no basis for denying it to people. Mere speculation is not a good enough reason.
Mr Ed

Saint Louis, MO

#37373 Jan 30, 2013
Jon Jon...Why do you deny our love?
Mr Ed

Saint Louis, MO

#37374 Jan 30, 2013
Your opinion has no bearing on this discussion.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible has no bearing on this discussion.
well then

Markham, IL

#37375 Jan 30, 2013
Catholic voter wrote:
I'm against gay marriage.
dont marry a gay person then.. duh

Location hidden

#37376 Jan 30, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many problems we could solve if people focused less on imaginary gods and more on real world issues and solutions...
Plenty of historic examples of the difference.

Smile.

Location hidden

#37377 Jan 30, 2013
Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because no god fearing man Has ever done drugs am I right? Just another idipt who thinks you can't have morality without god.
Perhaps there is a country or culture you can site as an example?

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 newpoly 35
Looking For Family (Jun '11) Mar '14 Teresa 12
free samples (Nov '13) Nov '13 jackie 1
find lo ve free here! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Aldo Feltmann 1
Debate: Election Poll, June 2012 - Virden, IL (Sep '12) Sep '12 Gary Johnson 1
Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Mon... (Oct '10) Oct '11 fatboizs 27
Who do you support for County Clerk-Recorder in... (Oct '10) Oct '11 fatboizs 14
Virden Dating
Find my Match

Virden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Virden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Virden

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
ESPN12:48 PM
Broncos' Sanders: Hit was legal; ready to go
NBC Sports 1:17 PM
Rams' defense closer to expectations - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:30 PM
Rodney McLeod not fined for hit that concussed Emmanuel Sanders