Salem Police Department

Mar 18, 2010 Full story: South Missourian News 91

Daniel Rettew, 32, of Salem, Ark., was arrested on March 8, 2010, for terroristic threatening, harassing communications and violation of a protection order.

Full Story
Thumper

Abilene, TX

#65 May 10, 2012
citizen wrote:
We need a sheriff that will control the department,know what his officers are doing all times. Law should be for all people not a selected few. Same with the prosecutor he goes after certain people,but none in family of his own, shows favortism to friends.Thats why we need Grady. McSpadden lets his county prosecutors run the show.
That town and many of it's "names" are nothing but trouble! I lived in Viola for nearly 13 years, and never once did I witness real justice. I've watched crooks cheat crooks and liars lie in their own reflection, Viola/Salem.....The crooked City
Tammy

Melbourne, AR

#66 May 11, 2012
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
That town and many of it's "names" are nothing but trouble! I lived in Viola for nearly 13 years, and never once did I witness real justice. I've watched crooks cheat crooks and liars lie in their own reflection, Viola/Salem.....The crooked City
It has allways been about the money,in those towns,it is a race to see who can be the richer.
Tammy

Melbourne, AR

#67 May 11, 2012
Disgusted-witness wrote:
I am sorry if I upset anyone, I was voicing a concern, the donuts were donuts like sliding making lots of noise non controlled donuts! I was waiting in my truck in vacant lot at that intersection for my daughter to return from and over night in HSB. And there was fire fighters having,, what I think was a meeting (really not sure). There was several cars in their parking lot. What if someone was walking across the road? Those cops had no consideration on the other publics safety! Yes I was concerned, right after the 2nd cop did his "legal" donut and speed around cormorant on round side of the road,, my daughter pulled up! I am still upset about it and I am sure the cops never found the man with a gun breaking in to a house! But at least they burnt some rubber and wasted some gas and was in considerate of the publics safety!
You need never apoligize for trying to right a wrong.
Tammy

Melbourne, AR

#68 May 11, 2012
TG for no injuries wrote:
Guess all anyone can say to this-- is-- so glad no one was hurt. There needs to be someone that makes these police officers- take into consideration- PUBLIC SAFTY! I am sure that they are trained for that very thing! It is sad to say that NOONE will stand up and walk their butts into the sheriff's office and complain!
Disguested witness- u have every right to go in and file a written complain against those officers. And maybe if everyone would go in to the sheriff office or Council meeting ( when they are eye witness to wrong doing by law enforcement) then MAYBE things will change for all residents of Fulton County! Just my $.02.
You need to film the wrong doing on your phone when you see it.
Kristen

Evening Shade, AR

#69 May 11, 2012
cash talks wrote:
<quoted text> They do do something ,,,$2500.00 for DWI ,,,$5000.00 for poss.???? ect,,ect,,ect ,,ect . FOLLOW THE MONEY ,,,, HONEY
You people are such dumbass rednecks, it's unbelieveable what backstabbing liars all you people are.$2500.00 for a DWI,$5000.00 for poss, who do you think your telling that BS too, sure is not who your claiming. You trouble makers need to crawk under a rock and bury yourself in your self-rightous BS. Know your facts before you post them, remember fines are public record.
THAYER

Camp, AR

#70 May 12, 2012
FC-7 IS A MORON THAT SHOULT NOT BE POLICE
STOPPING THE PEOPLE WITHOUT HAVING ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER
Bodiddy

Hardy, AR

#72 Jun 18, 2012
person wrote:
<quoted text> sunds like you have went to jail before
Do yourself a favor and read your post again.jus sayin
Byler boy

Hardy, AR

#73 Jun 21, 2012
Buck Foley, Dewayne Plumlee, Mike Webber, Jimmy Short and Gary Clayton , all friends, relitives, and bussiness partners it will only get worse
Doug

Mountain Home, AR

#74 Sep 18, 2012
THAYER wrote:
FC-7 IS A MORON THAT SHOULT NOT BE POLICE
STOPPING THE PEOPLE WITHOUT HAVING ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER
Welcome to Salem, the county that most abuses the system gainst it's citizens, They pick on certain people, but the most corupt is the officers and officials of the town. To many chickens to balk them, so they go along with the program.
Xcitizan

United States

#75 Nov 14, 2012
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Salem, the county that most abuses the system gainst it's citizens, They pick on certain people, but the most corupt is the officers and officials of the town. To many chickens to balk them, so they go along with the program.
being from Salem not living there now being a relative of a cop or ex cop not sure don't talk to him anymore ill b the first to say that they crooked help who they want and not help who they don't want to help it all depends on ur name and status n Salem
Lawman

Lees Summit, MO

#76 Nov 15, 2012
Well boys and girls sounds like you need a new chief and im the man for the job.Let me give ya a run down of a few of my qualifications.My blood type is Ak-47,I can build a snowman out of rain,I can unscramble a egg,squeeze orange juice from a lemon,ski uphill,I eat nails for breakfast and I do my grocery shopping at home depot.Brett Favre could throw a football 50 yards I can throw Breet favre even further.Some people can pee their name in the snow, I can pee my name in solid concrete.Last but not least I once walked down the street with a massive erection and there were no survivors.I know it's not much but it just might be better than what ya got now.Thanks for your support!!!!!
wowjustwow

Dallas, TX

#77 Nov 19, 2012
Lawman wrote:
Well boys and girls sounds like you need a new chief and im the man for the job.Let me give ya a run down of a few of my qualifications.My blood type is Ak-47,I can build a snowman out of rain,I can unscramble a egg,squeeze orange juice from a lemon,ski uphill,I eat nails for breakfast and I do my grocery shopping at home depot.Brett Favre could throw a football 50 yards I can throw Breet favre even further.Some people can pee their name in the snow, I can pee my name in solid concrete.Last but not least I once walked down the street with a massive erection and there were no survivors.I know it's not much but it just might be better than what ya got now.Thanks for your support!!!!!
Okay, this made me laugh my arse off. I cannot wait to hear why you should be president. lol Thanks for the giggles!
skidmark kid

Cherokee Village, AR

#78 Feb 7, 2013
ive been hearing this from alot of people around here cause ol buck and his goons are more worried about a 16 year old drinkin a beer than some stringed out meth head, walkin around brandishing a gun. makes me wonder if he might not be takin a cut of the drug money like the cops in mtn home do?
its because of cops like him i take my six shooter everywhere if they cant do there job and protect me guess ill protect my self when trouble rears its ugly head. also i know a twenty year old who would run for sheriff if he could get on the ballet and win, good kid would definetly be better than what we got and hes a local so you know he aint corrupt.
skidmark kid

Cherokee Village, AR

#79 Feb 7, 2013
and by local i mean hes from the bexar/wildcherry area
ccisabitch

Salem, AR

#80 Feb 22, 2013
i resonley had to use the salem police department, i found them to be helpful, considerate and was very thankful they were at hospital.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#81 Feb 25, 2013
Observer wrote:
I would like to know why the sheriff only post certain arrest made.Depends on name around here. I was driving by on Fairview Rd on April 3rd, And seen them handcuff Christy Worthen an put her in car. Later found out she was arrested for public intox, an disorderly conduct. Hmm it's who you know for sure. Also her 2 weeks before she was arrested in west plains Missouri for DWI. What an angel.
The Sheriff doesn't post anything. The paper does.
Jusayin

Hardy, AR

#82 Mar 3, 2013
guest wrote:
Well duh, thats because the sheriff doesn't have a clue how to run it!!! He doesn't have a clue about anything that goes on there. He just shakes hands and promises the world and waits in hope of winning another election strictly to receive a retirement check. Vote someone else in.
He does what he is told that is all he can do.Leave the man alone an let him get to his retirement .He has give his whole life to law inforcement,he is not in charge,the "money changers at the temple are.jusayin
Connie Kay

Hardy, AR

#83 Mar 3, 2013
skidmark kid wrote:
and by local i mean hes from the bexar/wildcherry area
Melborne stupid.
Connie Kay

Hardy, AR

#84 Mar 3, 2013
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no one to turn to for justice.They will get theres in the here after.
Roger

Ash Flat, AR

#85 Mar 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>The Sheriff doesn't post anything. The paper does.
The Sheriffs Dept gives them the names to post, Joanne reports to the news paper. Since you want to get technical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Viola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnny Hatfield (Nov '12) Wed smlltwngrl 4
2 Arrested in Baxter County for Sea Doo Thefts Oct 19 guest 6
Kentucky man arrested in 20-year-old Arkansas m... (May '06) Oct 8 Sen-Ven 134
dedra taylor Oct 7 her good friend 2
why is it so hard to find a decent guy here who... (Jun '13) Sep 30 SP ISLAND GIRL 13
are there any single women left around viola (Feb '13) Sep 28 single woman 2
Jessica Sanders (Jul '12) Sep 23 yeahyeah 10
Viola Dating
Find my Match

Viola Jobs

Viola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Viola News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Viola

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]