Vinita Car Dealership Taking Heat

Several people who recently bought new vehicles and traded in old ones, at C.R. Moore in Vinita claim the dealership has not lived up to its word. Full Story
Connie

United States

#43 Aug 16, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is it that you think customers are lying to the dealers about? The dealers always make a phone call to find out the pay off on the trade in, so they can't lie about that. The dealers go over the trade in with a fine tooth comb, so what can they lie about there? You said, "most deadbeat customers deserve what they get. If they would pay their bills and what they purchase we would not hear things like this happening." Huh?!? First of all, they aren't the ones who are supposed to be paying off the trade-in. In the situations we are discussing here, the dealer is responsible for paying off the trade-ins. This would make the dealers the deadbeats, not the customers. Think before you post.
Amen to that!!!!!!
witness

Salina, OK

#44 Aug 17, 2008
LHayes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dopey Okie, the point was that the legal system almost always favors business over an individual. You should try using your one brain cell before opening your big trap. Do you go to the lake and shoot crows on the weekend for entertainment too?
No I don't go to the lake on the weekend and I believe all of those cow shootings happen on your side of the county.
VinRouge

Oklahoma City, OK

#45 Aug 17, 2008
LHayes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dopey Okie, the point was that the legal system almost always favors business over an individual. You should try using your one brain cell before opening your big trap. Do you go to the lake and shoot crows on the weekend for entertainment too?
If you take five minutes there Hayes and google it, you will find that 85%of the time a Car Dealer goes to court they lose. Judges and Jurys have all been screwed by car dealers (at least in their heads) don't you know so even if the dealers are right their wrong. You play the woe is me card too much. Most people do not want to admit they signed a contract the did not read and of course hold others accountable for their stupidity. Fraud of course is another issue.
Darlene

Arma, KS

#46 Aug 21, 2008
C.R Moore also took my jeep in as trade in June. As of Aug 21 they still have not paid my loan off. I have filed a complaint at the Vinita Police Dept and obtained an attorney. I encouage anyone who has a problem with c.r. moore to file a complaint with the police dept. Sooner or later someone will listen to all of us.
Annie wrote:
Heather,
They donít want to be interviewed because they know the transactions are wrong, and what they did to these families is WRONG!
And it wasnít just these two families either, C.R. Moore has settled with at least 3 other families they did this to all in the same time period.
C.R. Moore is a new and used dealership, one that had a decent reputation before the owner Scott Moore chose to allow these transactions to take place. Selling vehicles without a clean title to a consumer, and taking vehicles as a trade in towards the purchases of vehicles from C.R. Mooreís lot, and not paying those trade in vehicles off as agreed in the purchase agreement contract is WRONG!
These people are having their credit RUINED because the trade-in vehicle loans are still in their name and not paid off, and they canít just go back to the dealership and get their old cars back because C.R.MOORE already sold them!
C.R. Moore took the trade-inís, then turned right around and sold the trade inís too other people without even paying off the loans.
So, Heather please tell me again how the consumers are wrong in this situation? Itís not like C.R. Moore is a fly by night operation, they have been in business for 80 years, these people trusted this company to sell them cars that do not have liens on them in another state, and to pay off the remaining balance on the loans on the vehicles they traded in.
I CHALLENGE C.R.MOORE staff to come on camera and give an interview, and Scott Mooreís family, please indulge me on how the consumer families in this situation are to blame?
Darlene

Arma, KS

#47 Aug 25, 2008
CR Moore also took our trade in and did not pay off our loan in June. They have since sold our jeep in which whoever purchased will never clear a clear title because the loan is has a balance which my husband and I are resposible for. so to keep our credit in good standing we are now making payments on a jeep that cr moore took in as trade, never paid it off and sold it to another person who will be unable to get a clear title. I have obtained an attorney, filed a complaint at the Vinita police station, and call cr moore dealership everyday. I'm aware the dealership has sold. I hope the DA does it job and arrests Scott Moore for what he and some of his employees have done to several families. I encourage anyone who has this problem to PLEASE file a complaint at the Vinita police station.
Another Taken

Coffeyville, KS

#48 Sep 9, 2008
I bout a car from C.R. Moore in April, the car had a tire blowout, went to get all new tires around the car to find out that the vehicle is not as sound a car as they stated... the springs had been cut all the way around which is extremely unsafe... not only did C.R. Moore tell me to piss off, and did nothing about it they laughed it off... I believe C.R. Moore and it's employees need to be behind bars for being lying sacks of Sh@t! They knew I had kids and that they would be riding in the vehicle, in a sense C.R. Moore wished harm on me and my kids...
Vinitian

United States

#49 Sep 16, 2008
gawd pple, hahaha Scott Moore filled for bankruptcy a while back, n yea, he probably could care less sabout the pple tht didnt get their cars paid off. But trust me he still has a barn full of new Cryslers at his house. Sad, but true. Long story over his divorce and now I know why he was hiding at the doctors office al the time where his prior girlfriend worked. Makes sense now. Sorry for all of you with the problems, but dang, this is Vinita, and Craig County, justice does not prevail. You'd fer sure have to live here to know what I mean.

“helllloooo”

Since: Aug 08

Talala, OK

#50 Sep 16, 2008
DO NOT GO AND BUY A CAR FROM SOUTH POINT CHEVY IN TULSA!!!! THEY SCREW YOU OVER ALSO!! they had my husband buy a waranty for $1600.00 in order to finance a USED vehicle come to find out the warranty expired at 75,000 miles and the car had 73,480 miles on it but we didnt get those papers or details of the warrenty until after we had the car 2 months by then we had took a vacation and no way of cancelling the warrenty or getting the 1600.00 back! we are paying for something we never got!
local

Tulsa, OK

#51 Sep 20, 2008
is anyone aware that the reason the dealership is changing owners is because the owner recently died from cancer? Give them a break gosh, I have had horriable experience at Turnpike in Miami and Riverside in Tulsa, so lets bash them too!
Observer

United States

#52 Oct 3, 2008
Vinitian wrote:
gawd pple, hahaha Scott Moore filled for bankruptcy a while back, n yea, he probably could care less sabout the pple tht didnt get their cars paid off. But trust me he still has a barn full of new Cryslers at his house. Sad, but true. Long story over his divorce and now I know why he was hiding at the doctors office al the time where his prior girlfriend worked. Makes sense now. Sorry for all of you with the problems, but dang, this is Vinita, and Craig County, justice does not prevail. You'd fer sure have to live here to know what I mean.
Thank you. You mean I'm not the only one that noticed that he was hiding at the doctor's office( and still does) and his then girlfriend is now his wife.
yes

United States

#53 Oct 7, 2008
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. You mean I'm not the only one that noticed that he was hiding at the doctor's office( and still does) and his then girlfriend is now his wife.
Yes the Girl friend is now his wife, and yes he is working there now, I guess emptying the trash cans, I don't know. But one thing I did notie is while they were "dating" she was driving a new car or pickup every week. Now she only has the last big Dodge pickup he gave her. So its kind of sad, but yet, I believe he dug his ditch.
know it all

Oklahoma City, OK

#54 Oct 18, 2008
local wrote:
is anyone aware that the reason the dealership is changing owners is because the owner recently died from cancer? Give them a break gosh, I have had horriable experience at Turnpike in Miami and Riverside in Tulsa, so lets bash them too!
If you are talking about the owner of CR Moore, he did not die of cancer. One of the owners of CR Moore died recently but not of cancer. And, he was not involved in the business anymore. He had entrusted it to his nephew Scott who obviously is a big disappointment.
aly kirkwood

United States

#55 Oct 18, 2008
iworked at a couple of dealership dont anymore because of this very reason.i can tell you this when they look at dealerships for not so good business ethics first is the accounting part next is the title work and in this case the title work was not good at all.i feel for the people with this thats why i quit working for them couldnt stand seeing people being taken advantage of.i worked for two dealership here one in tulsa one in broken arrow they were both bad broken arrow being worse they are a newer car dealership but i do know that a chevy dealership in claremore is also bad.so buyer beware take someone with you preferably someone experienced or knowledgeable on this stuff.
screwed by scott

United States

#56 Nov 18, 2008
here's the deal from my end my wife and i bought a programmed 08 avenger in june we traded in my 97 eclipse which i owed $2700 and of course they tacked it that on to the top of the loan for the avenger I've sold cars before i know that's standard practice have no problems with that our 30 day tag was about to expire and by oklahoma law the dealership has 28 days to get us the title so we went to get the avenger tagged and found out that we were not giving the proper paper work to get it tagged immediately we called C.R. Moore and they informed us that they were in the process of being bought out and our paper work was just lost in the shuffle and we'd have our title in a couple of weeks and we also figured out that the eclipse was not paid off yet either so there was another payment we had to make on top of the avenger payment (which also included the the eclipse pay off so technically we're paying for the eclipse twice) so we called C.R. again and we were put off another week and another week and so on and so on until finally we decided to call our lender on the avenger to see what are options were about un-winding the deal finally on halloween scott moore finally closed on the sale of the dealership the next day we recieved a call saying that the dealership was coming to repo the car and we finally got the whole story which is as follows chrysler allows an allowance or "floor plan" amount to new car dealerships which means chrysler will give the dealership a certain amount of cars on loan when the car is sold the dealership is to pay chrysler for the car well scott after ruining C.R. Moore Motors no longer had a floor plan or had over extended his floor plan with chrysler so he could no longer get cars so his old sales mananger Lee who now owns or runs a dealership in Adair was floor planning cars to scott and all would have been good "IF" scott would have paid lee for the cars after he'd sold them so upon closing of C.R. Moore to the new dealership scott informed Lee that he wasn't going to pay him for any of the cars that Lee had floor planned him and Lee's bank told him to go get all the cars he'd given to scott back well now fast forward to today scott calls my wife and informs her that he has the title to the car and is willing to give us the car back but still won't pay off the eclipse so we told him to keep the avenger cause he broke the original contract by A. not getting us the title within the allotted 28 days (so even if we went to get the car tagged we'd encure all kinds of late fee's) and B. not paying off the eclipse as stated in the contract and yes i read it before i signed it so you tell me do i have a right to be upset or am i just one of those lying no good customers who doesn't know what i'm talking about i don't think so and i'm not saying all my facts are correct but that's what i've been told by reputable people i don't blame the people of C.R. Moore or the people of the new dealership which i will not mention their name they don't deserve to be lumped in with the piece of no good worthless waste of semen his mom should have swallowed known as Scott Moore
screwed by scott

United States

#57 Nov 18, 2008
and for those of you who still don't get it here's how it breaks down my house payment is $900/month if you add everything all up that involves this deal the eclipse $230/month avenger $440/month and the insurance you have to keep on both cars because it's required for any car that has a lien on it you do the math i'm paying just as much for a programmed 08 avenger per month as i am my 3 bedroom house yes i'm angry and yes i may be STUCK with this situation with nothing to do about it besides deal with it cause no one has of yet (at least to my knowledge) stood up and made scott moore pay for what he's done to not only me but at least 5 other families if i go out and break the law i'm held accountable for it why shouldn't he be my wife and are not rich things were tight before this and now we have to choose which of bills will be either late or not payed at all from month to month all because of a greedy little scott moore who still has nothing to show for screwing several people out of 1000's of dollars
12 pack abs

Bethany, OK

#58 Nov 19, 2008
screwed by scott wrote:
and for those of you who still don't get it here's how it breaks down my house payment is $900/month if you add everything all up that involves this deal the eclipse $230/month avenger $440/month and the insurance you have to keep on both cars because it's required for any car that has a lien on it you do the math i'm paying just as much for a programmed 08 avenger per month as i am my 3 bedroom house yes i'm angry and yes i may be STUCK with this situation with nothing to do about it besides deal with it cause no one has of yet (at least to my knowledge) stood up and made scott moore pay for what he's done to not only me but at least 5 other families if i go out and break the law i'm held accountable for it why shouldn't he be my wife and are not rich things were tight before this and now we have to choose which of bills will be either late or not payed at all from month to month all because of a greedy little scott moore who still has nothing to show for screwing several people out of 1000's of dollars
You win! The award for the longest sentence written on topix. Not sure what you wrote since I had to shut it down after 4 lines, but congrats.
An Aussie

Adelaide, Australia

#59 Nov 19, 2008
.R. Moore employees, who did not want to go on camera, say they are in the midst of an ownership change. They say the trade-in troubles are tied to the previous owner, the Moore family, but they hope the matter can be resolved.

For the Sturgeons and Buchanons, that can't come soon enough.

"I just want to know we're going to get a title so we can move on with life, not having this hang over our head," said Crystal Buchanon.

"We didn't do this. We traded it on good faith. They were supposed to take care of us and they didn't," said Sue Buchanon.

(Aussie says)..its called switch and bait.
The purchaser gets two bills to pay and the dealership keeps the money.

Lets look at the facts. CR Moore is in financial trouble. The easy way to make money is not pay for anything you do not have to. I would say that if someone there had their contract(signed, sealed and delivered) and it was taken to a lawyer who knows the law I would thnk that a lawsuit would be possible, maybe even a class action suit by a few of the people who have been done in by CR Moore or who ever let it happen.

As Judge Judy says, "If it aint written on paper then it just didnt happen!"

Regards
amused

Bluejacket, OK

#60 Sep 15, 2010
Vinitian wrote:
First how do you know he filed for bankruptcy? Second, I too live in Vinita and also know where Scott Moore lives and sorry but he hss no barn, and the cars on a car lot are NOT the property of anyone but the banks so no can just hide them out. Kind of sad you want to make up stories remember what comes around...
amused

Bluejacket, OK

#61 Sep 15, 2010
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Girl friend is now his wife, and yes he is working there now, I guess emptying the trash cans, I don't know. But one thing I did notie is while they were "dating" she was driving a new car or pickup every week. Now she only has the last big Dodge pickup he gave her. So its kind of sad, but yet, I believe he dug his ditch.
Guess you are unaware that she couldn't have just driven what was on the lot and if she were "given" a truck perhaps you could explain why she has been for quite some time been driving a chevy suv? If he had "given" her a big dodge pickup don't you think she would be driving it? Check your facts BEFORE you accuse!
amused

Bluejacket, OK

#62 Sep 15, 2010
Just decided to google some info after I read the article saying that there was no cause for a criminal case against CR Moore. I have enjoyed the posts, sort of sad how so many "make up" the stories that wanted. I would love to know how mant people talked to the owner personally. Seems alot of people just gabbing and his poor girlfriend/wife I hope she has been able to move on she even took heat for something that as far as my research show she had nothing to do with. Strange perhaps before you post crap you should do some research. This dealership was a corporation and I still do not understand why only one person being attacked when a handful are listed on corp papers. Oh well, looks like a judge had the final say hope Mr. Moore can move on with his life and I say keep your head up, the economy attacked a lot of businesses and I hope all the persons with this company live a happy life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vinita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanted bounty hunter turns himself in (May '10) Feb 26 revengeisbittersweet 46
cat lovers desperately needed Feb 12 lizz 1
Review: Golden Life Residential Care Feb 2 Concerned loved one 1
1987 murders still haunt town [2 hrs ago] (Jul '08) Jan '15 Cindy 4
Cherokees to assist CDIB card applicants (Apr '08) Dec '14 rob 120
Who's the best wrestler to come out of Vinita? (Apr '13) Dec '14 Guy Wiliford II 8
Markwayne Mullin Sucks! (Mar '14) Sep '14 lquestf 13
Vinita Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Vinita People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Buzz: NFL Investigating Bryant Wal-Mart Incident