Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of...

Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards

There are 7 comments on the Nerve News story from Feb 13, 2012, titled Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards. In it, Nerve News reports that:

Moscow, Feb 13 - Russia may lose from 20 to 50 percent of its vineyard harvest this year because of bitter cold as temperatures have dipped to below minus 20 degrees Celsius, Vedomosti business daily reported Monday quoting winemakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nerve News.

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#1 Feb 13, 2012
WEhen the severe heat hurt the grain crop in Russia, American farmers were so happy thinking they could sell more of their wheat.

I suppose some wine-makers will be thrilled to be able to sell more.

However, neither of those situations were the fault of the Russian Government. It is too bad, but weather happens, and people will survive with a little less wine.
abc

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2012
I like seeing Russian going down the drain.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#3 Feb 13, 2012
Perhaps gorky porgies could help, eh hmmm. Is georgian wine still banned in Russia.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#4 Feb 13, 2012
Good news for the Moldovaian mafia. Of course more desperate alcoholics means more deaths from homemade booze and dangerous use of wood alcohol, etc.
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#5 Feb 14, 2012
hedhe...STA knows his stuff - wood alcohol, thats what made him so retarded
Small Town America UXG

Absecon, NJ

#6 Feb 14, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
hedhe...STA knows his stuff - wood alcohol, thats what made him so retarded
Never drank that crap. But my knowledge of wood alcohol came from a Russian book on committing suicide by drinking yourself to death.
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#7 Feb 14, 2012
Small Town America UXG wrote:
<quoted text>
Never drank that crap. But my knowledge of wood alcohol came from a Russian book on committing suicide by drinking yourself to death.
yee, I heard that you have made several suicide attempts - thats why they keep you in facility

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Garwin city clerk arrested in alleged $5... Sat Doc 1
Debate: Marijuana - Belle Plaine, IA (Aug '10) Mar '15 winner 7
News Tama wins $335,000 housing rehab grant (Aug '11) Sep '14 mommy2 2
old tires (Apr '14) Apr '14 fed up 1
free sex tonight! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Marsha Placke 1
News George Konicek jr. (Feb '10) Dec '10 Me again 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Necron 99 10
More from around the web

Vining People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Vining Mortgages