Obama heads to bookstore at start of ...

Obama heads to bookstore at start of vacation (1:08 p.m.)

There are 44 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 20, 2010, titled Obama heads to bookstore at start of vacation (1:08 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

President Barack Obama began his 10-day vacation on a studious note Friday, stopping at a Martha's Vineyard bookstore before indulging his sporting side at the golf course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Crucen in Houston

Houston, TX

#1 Aug 20, 2010
Another vacation for the Obamas on the taxpayer's dime! He's vacationing while the rest of the country is trying to make ends meet to pay their bills! If you care about your country, please vote the liberals out in November and fire Obama in 2012!!!!!!!!!! God bless America!
Tired of giving

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Aug 20, 2010
I was just thinking the same thing. He's on vacation again? Thank God I have a job but I can't afford even a staycation. I know so many people having trouble buying something to eat and he's buying books.
mamma bear

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Aug 20, 2010
must be nice he can spend his time on vacation, while i struggle to try & pay bills, i got laid off for having a disability & he gets to on a vacation
Coyote

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 20, 2010
He is either campaigning or vacationing. But on the bright side, when he is vacationing he can't do as much damage to the country! To bad the vacation is not permanent!
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Aug 20, 2010
He said the family will not eat the entire vacation to save money.Bet a lot of people will believe that. They are still waiting for the change.
Tony

Tampa, FL

#6 Aug 20, 2010
D. Axlerod forgot to pack o-bribe-a's favorite bedtime book.......

Saul Alinsky's Handbook for community organizers......Rules for Radicals.
Fred

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Aug 20, 2010
Who even cares about the anointed one making a trip to the bookstore?
Matt

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 20, 2010
Ditto. Our president on another vacation????? Thats all this man does. Your tax dollars at work! Lets start by making a change this November and return control to the Republicans
lcnative

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2010
I bet our soldiers in Iraq (they're not all gone) and Afghanistan would love a vacation! I don't understand how he can live his life as if he's on cloud 9 laughing and living it up on taxpayer's dime while his military that he is supposed to be in charge of are still fighting a never-ending war. Where the hell is Biden anyway? Anyone seen him? The public needs to demand the completion of these wars - and we have to do it together!
Master Debater

United States

#11 Aug 20, 2010
Crucen in Houston wrote:
Another vacation for the Obamas on the taxpayer's dime! He's vacationing while the rest of the country is trying to make ends meet to pay their bills! If you care about your country, please vote the liberals out in November and fire Obama in 2012!!!!!!!!!! God bless America!
Oh quit complaining. Bush spent half his time on vacation and nobody cared.
Master Debater

United States

#12 Aug 20, 2010
Matt wrote:
Ditto. Our president on another vacation????? Thats all this man does. Your tax dollars at work! Lets start by making a change this November and return control to the Republicans
Yeah we all know they absolutely never go on vacation.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#13 Aug 20, 2010
Master Debater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh quit complaining. Bush spent half his time on vacation and nobody cared.
So then, where's obama's change........

oh yes, that was just Bullchit......
Teeseeree

Sunnyvale, CA

#14 Aug 20, 2010
Crucen in Houston wrote:
And, if possible, get him out before then!! He's stuck on the same "in-your-face" attitude as Clinton was!!
Teeseeree

Sunnyvale, CA

#15 Aug 20, 2010
Coyote wrote:
He is either campaigning or vacationing. But on the bright side, when he is vacationing he can't do as much damage to the country! To bad the vacation is not permanent!
And locked up and/or sent back to his own country!
Teeseeree

Sunnyvale, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2010
leonard wrote:
He said the family will not eat the entire vacation to save money.Bet a lot of people will believe that. They are still waiting for the change.
What they should eat is the deficit he created with his ridiculous and useless programs!
Teeseeree

Sunnyvale, CA

#18 Aug 20, 2010
Master Debater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we all know they absolutely never go on vacation.
"Never" is not the issue here. "Constantly" is the issue.
Master Debater

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Aug 20, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, where's obama's change........
oh yes, that was just Bullchit......
Huh? So by change you think every single thing has to change? lol. Yeah ok. Bush spent half his term on vacation, so therefore since Obama was for change he is not allowed to go on vacation, ever.
Master Debater

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Aug 20, 2010
Teeseeree wrote:
<quoted text>
"Never" is not the issue here. "Constantly" is the issue.
Constantly? Obama has gone on vacation less than Bush ever did. Is that "contant" to you? Obama is frequently *not* on vacation.

Methinks you don't know what the word "constant" means.
Spell It Out For Me

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Aug 21, 2010
Don't bother, Debater. Your dealing with a bunch of whiny, punk, little racists. They love to moan about the state of the Country, but are too lazy and ignorant to do anything about it.
WTF

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Aug 21, 2010
Teeseeree wrote:
<quoted text>
What they should eat is the deficit he created with his ridiculous and useless programs!
Stop smoking on that crack pipe it's affecting your brain and please snap out of the world of fairyland! The country was operating in a deficit well before Obama took office and you can thank GW Bush for that. It's amazing how Political Amnesia works!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vineyard Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Delayed flight? Blame global warming Jul 15 TreeHugger 2
Falmouth Wind Turbine Infra-Sound Compared To R... Jun '15 Bob Delong 1
measeles Jun '15 taz 1
Falmouth Selectmen must seek special permit for... Jun '15 Bob Delong 1
Falmouth Selectmen Ignore Will of Town Meeting Jun '15 Paul DeLeo 1
Falmouth Wind Turbine Airplane Game Maybe You O... Jun '15 Bob Delong 1
Music May '15 anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vineyard Haven Mortgages