President Obama Gets Briefed on Earth...

President Obama Gets Briefed on Earthquake While Golfing

There are 14 comments on the Fox News story from Aug 23, 2011, titled President Obama Gets Briefed on Earthquake While Golfing. In it, Fox News reports that:

The quake which hit just before 2 o'clock could even be felt on the island located off the coast of Cape Cod.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Gary

Bellingham, WA

#1 Aug 23, 2011
Earthquake? What earthquake?
There are no such things as earthquakes.
Republicans don't believe in them.
SJD

United States

#2 Aug 23, 2011
People are starving and this idjit is playing golf. Earthquake wasn't caused by Republicans, Gary.

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#3 Aug 23, 2011
As we speak, our President and leader of the Psychocratic Party, is meeting the best engineers the Harvard and Yale can offer... They purpose to drill holes through the tectonic plates, paying special attention to the "Bush Fault", and cement with added rebar, the plates to prevent any further seismic activity.. Among the President remarks was: Hopefully we are as good at this as we are at preventing ecomonic activity!!...

Since: Oct 07

Bean Town.

#5 Aug 24, 2011
SJD wrote:
People are starving and this idjit is playing golf. Earthquake wasn't caused by Republicans, Gary.
People are starving and the only thing the TeaOP seems to care about are tax cuts for the rich, deregulation and more of the Bush policies that are turning us into third world serfs. How many vacations did Bush take?
Poverty in America was not caused by Obama. it's a legacy he inherited. So far the TeaOP has opposed every single plan, bill or idea that might ameliorate the suffering.
Ending hunger in America has never, ever been a Teapublican priority. Protecting the wealth and power of their benefactors is job #2 at TeaOP central. The first priority is to destroy Obama. No matter the consequences.
ProudNativist

Carmel, IN

#6 Aug 24, 2011
Hey jimah obamah, they's been an uthquake. Damn it. Not while I'm puttin.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#7 Aug 24, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>
People are starving and the only thing the TeaOP seems to care about are tax cuts for the rich, deregulation and more of the Bush policies that are turning us into third world serfs. How many vacations did Bush take?
Poverty in America was not caused by Obama. it's a legacy he inherited. So far the TeaOP has opposed every single plan, bill or idea that might ameliorate the suffering.
Ending hunger in America has never, ever been a Teapublican priority. Protecting the wealth and power of their benefactors is job #2 at TeaOP central. The first priority is to destroy Obama. No matter the consequences.
Bush went to his ranch, where his office was an extension of the White House. He was not playing in the surf, golfing, basketball, dining on lobster and arugula. He was WORKING.

Obama, is on VACATION, away from anything remotely like his office.

How many times has Obama played golf? He played more golf in his first year in office than 8 years of Bush. Oh but that is OK. Good thing Democrats aren't hypocrites. ROFLMAO!

Democrats, the party of 'Do as I say, Not as I do'.

Bean Town.

#8 Aug 24, 2011
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush went to his ranch, where his office was an extension of the White House. He was not playing in the surf, golfing, basketball, dining on lobster and arugula. He was WORKING.
Obama, is on VACATION, away from anything remotely like his office.
How many times has Obama played golf? He played more golf in his first year in office than 8 years of Bush. Oh but that is OK. Good thing Democrats aren't hypocrites. ROFLMAO!
Democrats, the party of 'Do as I say, Not as I do'.
That's a load of crap. Pure and simple. The office goes with the president, wherever he goes. That's really not much different from what most business people do these days. He no longer needs to send messages via mounted courier. He probably even has a couple of them tellyphones and a staff.
How many times has Obama played golf? If you're keeping score show me number and provide proof.
How many days did Bush spend on vacation compared to Obama?

Location hidden

#9 Aug 25, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a load of crap. Pure and simple. The office goes with the president, wherever he goes. That's really not much different from what most business people do these days. He no longer needs to send messages via mounted courier. He probably even has a couple of them tellyphones and a staff.
How many times has Obama played golf? If you're keeping score show me number and provide proof.
Really? On the golf course? So if that is the case then I guess you and the other brain deficit liberals should stop your fcuking bitching, because your LORD GOD OBAMA, The Messiah, seated at the Right of God sure is MIA for EVERY crisis.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10 Aug 25, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter who played golf more?-- no, not really. It's another attempt to divide and conquer, folks.

What matters is the action taken or not taken, what is Done rather than what is said, how it is fixed or swiftly dealt with responsibily. Adults do these things. Responsible Adults do not wildly blame the other side, internet, teleprompter, or ANYONE else.

Those who blame have no truth nor honor to fall back on. They simply grasp at straw and attempt to divert attention away from the ineptness of their chosen ... uh... person. Hard to say 'leader' when he is MIA

Bean Town.

#11 Aug 25, 2011
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? On the golf course? So if that is the case then I guess you and the other brain deficit liberals should stop your fcuking bitching, because your LORD GOD OBAMA, The Messiah, seated at the Right of God sure is MIA for EVERY crisis.
Your fingers may still be twitching enough to type, but you are braindead. This quake was no freaking crisis, you moron. We have over a thousand quakes a year in the continental US. Are they all crises? Why have no previous presidents seen fit to declare an emergency over these tremblers?
You mutts are so programmed to bash bash bash that you have rendered yourselves useless. Like junkyard dogs with no junk to guard. Just yapping to prove you still exist.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#12 Aug 25, 2011
The Washington Times, a right wing rag that couldn't find center with both hands and a seeing eye dog, found that president Obama plays about one round of golf every two weeks.

Stuff it fascists.

Bean Town.

#13 Aug 25, 2011
Citizen0178 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter who played golf more?-- no, not really. It's another attempt to divide and conquer, folks.
What matters is the action taken or not taken, what is Done rather than what is said, how it is fixed or swiftly dealt with responsibily. Adults do these things. Responsible Adults do not wildly blame the other side, internet, teleprompter, or ANYONE else.
Those who blame have no truth nor honor to fall back on. They simply grasp at straw and attempt to divert attention away from the ineptness of their chosen ... uh... person. Hard to say 'leader' when he is MIA
Hyperbole, nothing more.
If the other side is to blame, you do blame them! The GOP has plenty of blame to shoulder for the current state of our nation. Given 8 years under the inept and absolutely corrupt Cheney/Bush regime and these last 3 years of purely partisan obstructionism, the TeaOP has a lot to account for. They have done more than any enemy to undermine the future of the nation. All to keep taxes and regulations off the backs of the ones who are robbing us blind.
TeaOP is the party of treasonous, self-serving greed. Anybody who works for a living who votes for those liars and thieves is shooting him or her self in both feet. They are too stupid feel sorry for.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 25, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fingers may still be twitching enough to type, but you are braindead. This quake was no freaking crisis, you moron. We have over a thousand quakes a year in the continental US. Are they all crises? Why have no previous presidents seen fit to declare an emergency over these tremblers?
You mutts are so programmed to bash bash bash that you have rendered yourselves useless. Like junkyard dogs with no junk to guard. Just yapping to prove you still exist.
Your proctologist called, he found your head
Jason Rocklin

Burlington, Canada

#16 Oct 15, 2011
Dear Presedent Obama: Please do something about preventing crime over the U.S.A, [i.e.] getting the American government to get police over the U.S. to search every houses and if the policemen sees anyone suspicious [i.e. {attempted} rape, murder, hate crime, drugs, murder, wife assault, Child abuse and elder abuse the policemen WILL brake the suspect's door open, taze,mace and Quickly arrest the suspects

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vineyard Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town of Hull now woos NOAA researchers May '16 Deborah Bayer 1
News Edgartown paints the town Pink and Green May '16 NIBarnett 2
Megan Amsler Letter May '16 Kenneth Kimmell UCS 1
News New Bedford boxer pleads guilty to resisting ar... May '16 Lindy 1
News Jester high jinks: Joey the Magic Clown wows bo... May '16 Linda 1
News Edgartown fisherman will open new fish market i... May '16 Linda 1
News Hollywood film to revisit events on Chappaquidd... May '16 Linda 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vineyard Haven Mortgages