When Schooling Takes Place at Home, Summer Often Knows No Vacat...

Full story: Vineyard Gazette
Public school came to a screeching halt last week - tests and final projects one day, sweet freedom the next. Full Story
peter costas

Welaka, FL

#1 Jul 7, 2006
in most cases, i think home schooling is an exceptional alternative to public school. however the headline makes it seem unfair to home schooled kids. lets be clear, home schooled kids that "know no vacation" have lots of time off during the school year, often taking several weeks off for vacations, field trips (to other countries) and the like. often school is year round because it is only from 9-1 on a daily basis. there are no victims here, just choices made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vineyard Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Falmouth Massachusetts Aware of Wind Turbine No... 2 hr Jack Kelly 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Sun Malden Resident 1,167
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 Get a job 4,701
Take Illegals to Martha vineyard Haven Aug '14 Superstition 1
Seed Aug '14 gab 2
Woods Hole Film Festival Gears Up for 23rd Year Jul '14 Cheryl D 1
What do volcanos look like deep underground? Jul '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1

Vineyard Haven News Video

Vineyard Haven Jobs

Vineyard Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Vineyard Haven News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vineyard Haven

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]