Proposed California climate deal take...

Proposed California climate deal takes aim at toxic air

There are 79 comments on the KXXV-TV Waco story from Jul 12, 2017, titled Proposed California climate deal takes aim at toxic air. In it, KXXV-TV Waco reports that:

A plan to extend California's signature clim... . FILE - This May 25, 2017 aerial photo shows the Standard Oil Refinery in El Segundo, Calif., with Los Angeles International Airport in the background and the El Porto neighborhood of Manhattan Beach, Calif., in the foregrou... .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXXV-TV Waco.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
R12 Freon

Pomona, CA

#1 Jul 13, 2017
Personally I think California Voters should take aim at the TOXIC AIR that is coming from California State Government. Politicians sure are quick to point fingers at others then create a revenue generating law designed to clip most of us who live work and play in what used to be one of the top 3 "best States for jobs, education and quality living. Most all of that no longer exists.

Why is it when I go over my efforts for the last 5+ years to conserve water by enduring severe water restrictions or face ridiculous fines , higher fee's and additional service charges and becoming a "Water Waster" because I filled my 4k gal pool (once every 2 years)of California's dwindling water supply with political dialog as if it were one of the last barrels of water left in the State.

Then find out drought stricken California has The Biggest Dam in the Country....Let that sink in people.....The Biggest Dam in the Country and after 5 terrible years of Severe Drought overflows in 1 weekend of rain?? 3 days of decent and steady rain And it overflows!!!!! Simple logic thinks otherwise.

It doesn't take much common sense to understand that the dam was at near capacity Before the rains. Wow and the Biggest dam, filled to capacity backed up by one of the biggest Sierra snowpacks in decades and last month I once again became a "water waster" refilling my pool, only this time instead of 60 bucks 2 years ago it cost 300 bucks this year. Penalties exist for violating severe drought condition regulations, even though there is no drought and probably hasn't been one in years. Political corruption has taken it's toll on the quality of life in this State.

Now to go along with another record-setting event California can claim is a massive tax hike in gasoline, vehicle registration and a new implemented road usage pilot program for zero emission vehicles( get ready for another tax people) for road repair?? Caltrans(Ca Dept of Trans) gets about 12 BILLION for 2017, received 10.5 billion in 2016 and so on. looks like all the money is for "Administration" than actually fixing roadway infrastructure.

Another breaking it's own record, first, for California is the 175%, YES 175% pay increase for the largest school district in California (LAUSD) for the shot callers that oversee and control the school board. Teachers and other 'staff' are Not included although they rank 'highest paid' in the Country in their own right.
I'll guess one of the worst school districts in the State that ranks nation-wide as the worst State for a quality Education 50+% dropout rate And with the embarrassment of CSU Berkeley as thee worst State. 35 years ago we ranked #3.

Yes indeed lots of toxic gas in Sacramento, California. I recall the old California water conservation saying in the 70's before those low water use toilets came along and is more true in the present day than it was in the '70's ""If it's yellow, let it mellow...If it's (Gov) Brown, flush it down.

Vote ALL the Rat's out and end the corruption and control California has become.
Or will it end up people with torches and pitchforks pounding on those solid oak doors of the State Capitol, dragging those corrupt Elected Officials from behind those Mahogany desks and out of the patent leather office chair that fits the ass that sit's in it and right out the door.
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#2 Jul 13, 2017
R12 Freon wrote:
Or will it end up people with torches and pitchforks pounding on those solid oak doors of the State Capitol, dragging those corrupt Elected Officials from behind those Mahogany desks and out of the patent leather office chair that fits the ass that sit's in it and right out the door.
That ain't gonna' happen you simple minded m/f'er! No way a big sissy like you is going to be leading the charge anyway! You and others would be rightly doomed to disaster if you try! That's not how a democracy works Dumbo! Talk like that from the far left or far right is way out of line! This is a nation of laws! If you don't like what's going on here in California get enough voters to agree with you and make a change or go live somewhere else! Texas might be a good place for you! Just don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out!
Algonquin J Calhoun

Elk Grove, CA

#3 Jul 13, 2017
Our nation will only be Free when lunatics like Freon are taken out and hung from the nearest lamp post.
Seymour Nutjobs

Granite Bay, CA

#4 Jul 13, 2017
Algonquin J Calhoun wrote:
Our nation will only be Free when lunatics like Freon are taken out and hung from the nearest lamp post.
Well either that or they should lock him in a room with Donald Trump! That would be even worse than hanging! Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!
R12 Freon

Pomona, CA

#5 Jul 14, 2017
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>

That ain't gonna' happen you simple minded m/f'er! No way a big sissy like you is going to be leading the charge anyway! You and others would be rightly doomed to disaster if you try! That's not how a democracy works Dumbo! Talk like that from the far left or far right is way out of line! This is a nation of laws! If you don't like what's going on here in California get enough voters to agree with you and make a change or go live somewhere else! Texas might be a good place for you! Just don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out!
Keep drinkin the koolaid welfare leech. No doubt a democrat following the mindfuk

It's really funny you think Ca is a democracy. It's the worst state in the country, mostly because of your simpleminded controlled by a emotional ego...Now get your binky and safety pin and find a safe place and use those crayons your democracy gave you
R12 Freon

Pomona, CA

#6 Jul 14, 2017
won't see it, You will be deported back to your 3rd world...Free haa haa, yeah your real free in California, now pay more for gas and your utilities and just accept what liberalism is about to give you...did you know that in most hostile coo's the stupid are the first to go. Now move along and give your freedom to a islamic jihadist. crybaby liberal.. boo hoo my hillary didn't win waaaaaaaa. give me binky and lets color. don't forget your pussy hat, lol
R12 Freon

Pomona, CA

#7 Jul 14, 2017
You sad sissy's You are about to get screwed and your arms are open and embracing it.
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#8 Jul 14, 2017
R12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>

Keep drinkin the koolaid welfare leech. No doubt a democrat following the mindfuk

It's really funny you think Ca is a democracy. It's the worst state in the country, mostly because of your simpleminded controlled by a emotional ego...Now get your binky and safety pin and find a safe place and use those crayons your democracy gave you
Like I said get the f**k out of CA if you don't like it m/f'er! You won't be missed! "simpleminded controlled by a emotional ego"? "pinky and safety pin"? Democracy gave me crayons? LOL You're reaching new levels of lunacy but that's just what I'd expect from a right wing cracker who thinks he's going to storm our state capitol with his fellow loonies!
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#9 Jul 14, 2017
R12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>

won't see it, You will be deported back to your 3rd world...Free haa haa, yeah your real free in California, now pay more for gas and your utilities and just accept what liberalism is about to give you...did you know that in most hostile coo's the stupid are the first to go. Now move along and give your freedom to a islamic jihadist. crybaby liberal.. boo hoo my hillary didn't win waaaaaaaa. give me binky and lets color. don't forget your pussy hat, lol
"won't see it,"? Deported back to my 3rd world eh? Whatever that means! "free haa haa"? Ooooh that whole 1/2 cents more a mile I'll have to pay for gas? "Hostile coo's"? How did the Islamic jihadists get into this conversation? And Hillary too??? LOL Binkys and pussy hats? LOL LOL Bring on the straight jacket!

This crazy m/f'er is starting to make Trump's tweets sound normal! Thanks for the morning laugh though and keep on making a fool of yourself here dude! Just don't soil your cry baby panties while doing it! Maybe if you raise the confederate flag....LOL
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#10 Jul 14, 2017
R12 Freon wrote:
You sad sissy's You are about to get screwed and your arms are open and embracing it.
Civilization already got screwed when simple minded cretins like you were born! We're still suffering from that screwing!
Jefferson Davis

Hopkinsville, KY

#11 Jul 14, 2017
California's climate initiative is a non-starter. It is unconstitutional! States are forbidden from entering into any treaty or agreement with a foreign country.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/13/anti-trump-cli...
Barney Skagford

Granite Bay, CA

#12 Jul 14, 2017
Jefferson Davis wrote:
California's climate initiative is a non-starter. It is unconstitutional! States are forbidden from entering into any treaty or agreement with a foreign country.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/13/anti-trump-cli...
Anytime to see a post from a booger eating cracker from Kentucky is another non-starter!
Algonquin J Calhoun

Sacramento, CA

#15 Jul 15, 2017
Does Kentucky still have a mandatory Lobotomy program for people with IQs over 69? Don't apply Mr. Davis, you're under-qualified.
Jefferson Davis

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Jul 16, 2017
Does Kentucky still have a mandatory Lobotomy program for people with IQs over 69? Don't apply Mr. Davis, you're under-qualified.
Even if we did, you wouldn't be subject to it because your IQ is well below 69.

Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution says, "No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation" with a foreign power, and that "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress … enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign power."

The doctrine of foreign affairs preemption, meanwhile, deems a state law unconstitutional if it intrudes on the federal government's power to conduct foreign affairs.

Any attempt by California or any other state to enter into an agreement with a foreign power is therefore unconstitutional and illegal. Gov. Brown and California are in for a hard slap down from the U.S. Supreme Court and the Trump administration.
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#17 Jul 16, 2017
Whether the alliance (not to be confused with the “Resistance”) would count as an impermissible interstate compact depends on what it does, which is quite unclear now. If it merely represents a non-binding commitment to meet non-binding goals set by a non-binding treaty, a Compacts problem will probably be avoided.

You're not a constitutional scholar or lawyer nor am I. This is something for the courts to decide.
Jefferson Davis

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Jul 16, 2017
Say What wrote:
Whether the alliance (not to be confused with the “Resistance”) would count as an impermissible interstate compact depends on what it does, which is quite unclear now. If it merely represents a non-binding commitment to meet non-binding goals set by a non-binding treaty, a Compacts problem will probably be avoided.

You're not a constitutional scholar or lawyer nor am I. This is something for the courts to decide.
I'm not a lawyer, but I am a U.S. historian. It is unconstitutional for a U.S. state to enter into any legally enforceable agreement with a foreign nation. The Constitution makes that as clear as clear as clear can get. The test will come when California tries to enforce its agreement or "non-binding goals" with foreign nations on U.S. industry through law. Industry will say "Hell no! We're not doing it!" and go to federal court. The case is certain to go to the U.S. Supreme Court, which will rule California's agreement with a foreign power is unconstitutional. Armed with that Supreme Court decision, the Trump administration is going to come down on California hard.
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#19 Jul 16, 2017
Jefferson Davis wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not a lawyer, but I am a U.S. historian. It is unconstitutional for a U.S. state to enter into any legally enforceable agreement with a foreign nation. The Constitution makes that as clear as clear as clear can get. The test will come when California tries to enforce its agreement or "non-binding goals" with foreign nations on U.S. industry through law. Industry will say "Hell no! We're not doing it!" and go to federal court. The case is certain to go to the U.S. Supreme Court, which will rule California's agreement with a foreign power is unconstitutional. Armed with that Supreme Court decision, the Trump administration is going to come down on California hard.
Yeah yeah yeah! We've heard all that "I know it all!" BS before from sh*t house lawyers and "historians" (yeah right!) like yourself. It ain't over "until the fat lady sings", in this case if and when those rulings come down from the higher courts, including the SC. In California's case this is a only symbolic move anyway, standing with the rest of the world instead of that stupid orange tu*d in the White House. As far as environmental concerns go California will continue to go with science over Trumpian horses*t ("Chinese hoax" my azz! LOL) and we truly don't care what nit wits in Washington or the rest of the country think about it!
Coal is King

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Jul 16, 2017
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah yeah yeah! We've heard all that "I know it all!" BS before from sh*t house lawyers and "historians" (yeah right!) like yourself. It ain't over "until the fat lady sings", in this case if and when those rulings come down from the higher courts, including the SC. In California's case this is a only symbolic move anyway, standing with the rest of the world instead of that stupid orange tu*d in the White House. As far as environmental concerns go California will continue to go with science over Trumpian horses*t ("Chinese hoax" my azz! LOL) and we truly don't care what nit wits in Washington or the rest of the country think about it!
If it is only symbolic, then by your own admission it is unenforceable. If a power company wanted to build a coal fired power plant in California, it could do so, no matter if that power plant violated the unconstitutional agreement that California made with a foreign nation. This is going to get interesting.
Algonquin J Calhoun

Sacramento, CA

#21 Jul 16, 2017
Attention: Booger-eating Hillbillies and Perverts. A recent study by the United Nations disclosed that a Doctorate Degree from the University of Kentucky is equivalent to a sixth grade education in Sierra Leone.
Say What

Granite Bay, CA

#22 Jul 16, 2017
Coal is King wrote:
<quoted text>

If it is only symbolic, then by your own admission it is unenforceable. If a power company wanted to build a coal fired power plant in California, it could do so, no matter if that power plant violated the unconstitutional agreement that California made with a foreign nation. This is going to get interesting.
California and other states have a perfect right to as they put it "adopt, honor and uphold the commitments to the goals enshrined in the Paris agreement". 357 US Mayors representing 66 millions of America have agreed to do the same thing. As far as I can determine "making an unconstitutional agreement with a foreign nation" shouldn't apply here. I'm not even sure states are permitted to join that agreement of nations. Let it get interesting but I'm not holding my breath for the Supreme Court to intervene. If it does...well let it be! This is a nation of laws and unlike that screwball from Pomona who started this thread I'm not advocating breaking down doors and attacking people if things don't go the way I like!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vineyard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do you think Scott Peterson got a fair trial? (Jul '12) 8 hr Raydot 132
News California now world's 5th largest economy, sur... Sat Dan Upham 29
Upside of Global Warming Hoax - Liberal women d... Sat Friend of Coal 1
John Cox For California Governor Fri Raydot 1
News Woman pleads guilty in fake Dixon, Vallejo stud... Fri jerry 13
got P er coce ts T a r add e rall n lots more Jul 11 Hon chris 2
Crafters, Artisans, Small and Home-based Business Jul 10 Nearby Artisans 1

Vineyard Jobs

Personal Finance

Vineyard Mortgages