First Prev
of 8
Next Last
The BIBLE tells me so

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Jul 28, 2012
What is this world coming to? The CEO of "Chick-Fil-A" was asked for [HIS] personal OPINION on a subject (I am sure we all have heard by now what this was about) and he dutifully and RESPECTFULLY answered, and now the lash-back has been unreal. I, for one, am in full support of Chick-Fil-A and it's CHRISTIAN VALUES. My family and I do plan on joining in (on AUGUST 1st) YEA! We will be going to every Chick-Fil-A we can drive to in one day! We will begin here in ELIZABETHTOWN of course and will drive south to each one on our list. We can't possibly eat at EACH one but we can talk to the managers & employees and also pay for the person or family in line behind us and get us something to drink. It will be an AWESOME way to begin our family vacation to Florida!!! GOD BLESS CHICK-FIL-A!!! If you are also in support of this, please visit Chick-Fil-A on Aug 1st and let them know! Thanks!
dining critic

Radcliff, KY

#2 Jul 28, 2012
I am **NOT** in support of this because of their
religious bent. I am in support of it mainly from the content in your second sentence. If that
Chik-fil-A high-up person had stated that s/he
was in favor of gay marriage, then it would never
have crossed my mind to boycott the company, keep them from opening up in a certain city, etc.
wow

Louisville, KY

#3 Jul 28, 2012
The BIBLE tells me so wrote:
What is this world coming to? The CEO of "Chick-Fil-A" was asked for [HIS] personal OPINION on a subject (I am sure we all have heard by now what this was about) and he dutifully and RESPECTFULLY answered, and now the lash-back has been unreal. I, for one, am in full support of Chick-Fil-A and it's CHRISTIAN VALUES. My family and I do plan on joining in (on AUGUST 1st) YEA! We will be going to every Chick-Fil-A we can drive to in one day! We will begin here in ELIZABETHTOWN of course and will drive south to each one on our list. We can't possibly eat at EACH one but we can talk to the managers & employees and also pay for the person or family in line behind us and get us something to drink. It will be an AWESOME way to begin our family vacation to Florida!!! GOD BLESS CHICK-FIL-A!!! If you are also in support of this, please visit Chick-Fil-A on Aug 1st and let them know! Thanks!
You're effing crazy
not me

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jul 28, 2012
y'all are warped. you're crazy if you think eating at all those places are going to express your approval. all it does is make money for the company. i heard they pray all the time in there. i guess muslims would have trouble eating in there, too. oh.. and do they have a crucifix on the wall? and what about the little fat bellied friend, Buddha????
Har Har

Vine Grove, KY

#5 Jul 28, 2012
I've been boycotting them for years due to their stance on serving terrible food.
wannafuck

Vine Grove, KY

#6 Jul 28, 2012
I love there food. I don't care what they think of gay marriage (on a side note though it is illegal). I think I know what I'm eating for supper tonight!
parent

Leitchfield, KY

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Good luck! Great ideal and I totally agree!
LakeGirl

Vine Grove, KY

#8 Jul 28, 2012
The statement released by the owner was speaking out on more than just the gay marriage issue.

The statement said that he and his board were for Christian values and were still married to their first wives.

By adding the "first wives" into the statement that was suppoosed to be about gay marriage he was also sending a message about where he and his company stand on divorced people.

He is free to make whatever standards and beliefs he wants but he has to also deal with the backlash. If only all the dicorced people in the nation took a good look at the entire statement that was made I bet his bottom line would be hit hard!
What dat you say

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jul 28, 2012
Chicken Filet doesn't like divorced people. Well to hell with him. I don't have to eat his damned chicken. Fish? Maybe. Steak? Oh, yeah!!! Move over Colonel..... I'm coming back to ya. Ain't no SOB gonna judge me. Suffer sucker!!!! Statistics say 50 percent of the people get divorced. If 25 percent are gay, that dude's gonna be hurtin' for certain. Lol
Sum Ting Wong

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jul 28, 2012
Eat Chinese!!!!
not me

Vine Grove, KY

#11 Jul 28, 2012
Not another penny to these BIGOTS!!
LakeGirl

Vine Grove, KY

#12 Jul 28, 2012
Here is the exact statment that was made:

In a new interview with Baptist Press, Cathy puts on the record what critics say his company’s actions have indicated for years.“Well, guilty as charged,” he said in the interview when asked about Chick-fil-A’s backing of families led by a man and a woman.

“We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives,” Cathy said.

1. It was not a personal opinion but a statement on where the company stood on the issue of gay marriage . There is a difference in a personal belief and a business company.

2. Adding the "first wives' statement also was a message on divorce. Some editorials in other areas have also focused on the entire message and not just the one on gay marriage.

Imagine if you worked there and you were divorced or remarried? Would you even feel welcome as an employee?
logic

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 28, 2012
so if you are going to stop eating Chic filet because they took a stance against homosexuals when are you going to stop buying gas because the folks we get it from has a culture that puts homosexuals to death? Start walkin ya morons!!!
well

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jul 29, 2012
Didn't we all know that they believed in The Bible in the first place? I mean they are closed on Sundays. Why is this a shock to people? If you know a little about The Bible you know gay marriage is unacceptable and divorce is not supposed to happen either. To me they clearly show they fully live by The Bible by being closed on Sunday's. I don't care what they believe or not...I just want a chicken sandwich!!
FYI

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Jul 29, 2012
Driving around and eating fast food. Something tells me that you aren't skinny. Isn't gluttony a sin?
I believe

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jul 29, 2012
I do believe spreading hate and discord among God's people is a sin. Saying things to agitate and irritate people are. Being unkind to all people is a sin. You can thump that Bible all you want to but thumping it ain't gonna get you to heaven. Living right will.
Gigi

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Jul 29, 2012
To "I believe"---to be clear, living right doesn't get you to Heaven. "All fall short of the glory of God." Jesus gave His life for the atonement for the sins of mankind. THAT is the what warrants eternal life...the understanding of this and the acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah. Living right is good...but you cannot gain salvation by works. "You are saved by grace through faith, not by works, lest any man should boast."
tttttt

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jul 29, 2012
Awesome job Chick-fil-a we are behind you and I am sure you will see the majority is behind you. It is silly to think that a business owner gives an opinion (which isnt crazy) and is in line with his religious beliefs, and the business is ridiculed by public officials.....shame on these people. They say they are all about tolerance as long as the opinions they have to tolerate line up with their own.....but hey thats typical liberal hypocrisy. Once again democrats get bent all out of shape over free speech that they dont like. God bless Chick-fil-a....See ya wednesday and friday. Oh and by the way, suck it liberal fark tards you clearly dont care to tolerate differing opinions and your arguements of bigotry is cheap and pathetic.
shut my mouth

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Jul 29, 2012
Gigi wrote:
To "I believe"---to be clear, living right doesn't get you to Heaven. "All fall short of the glory of God." Jesus gave His life for the atonement for the sins of mankind. THAT is the what warrants eternal life...the understanding of this and the acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah. Living right is good...but you cannot gain salvation by works. "You are saved by grace through faith, not by works, lest any man should boast."
the old brandenburg poster is back! lol just changed her location. let me tell you sumpin. I believe whut I wants to and you beleives whut you wants to. Don't you go prechin your hogwash to me. I knows about living a good life and don't need any of your holy roller bunk you said.
eat beef

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Jul 29, 2012
U know that guy is only drummin up business for himself by doing those going to eat at my place to support whut i say things. but really isn't that whut religious followers do? folow blindly... don't they all do that? the pres of the company was really smart to throw that out there so they would all flock in and eat his chickin. good advertising. if truth really be known the old boy don't really give a shit if someone goes down on him and he certainly won't care if it's a man or a woman. lol so all you all christinaity peeoples go on out there and make that man some money. he's smart and your foolish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edna’s IP has been banned from Topix! 1 hr Scott 1
Buffalo Lake (Apr '12) 2 hr bubba gump 40
buffalo lake 2 hr bubba gump 7
Builders?? (Jun '15) 2 hr Beware 4
Do u ever think about back in the day? 2 hr Fairytailworldvac... 19
Cora Leigh 4 hr Funny 2
Ring road paved 5 hr Scott 11

Vine Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance