Hardin County Jail not allowing Priso...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Greensburg, KY

#21 Mar 30, 2012
Is the jail afraid someone may be cleansed of their sins if they are baptized in jail and they won't have to be punished for the crime? Guess our taxes are paying for all these bonehead ideas too.
you know what will happen

Elizabethtown, KY

#22 Mar 30, 2012
If you do a little baptisms you'll also have to do a few muslim rugs on the floor and speakers blarring out the 5 prayer times.. the hindu's cows parading thru the halls... you get the picture. you lose that right when you commit a crime. probably won't get to vote either------EGADS!!!! so Curious, STFU!

Since: Mar 12

Greensburg, KY

#23 Mar 30, 2012
you know what will happen wrote:
If you do a little baptisms you'll also have to do a few muslim rugs on the floor and speakers blarring out the 5 prayer times.. the hindu's cows parading thru the halls... you get the picture. you lose that right when you commit a crime. probably won't get to vote either------EGADS!!!! so Curious, STFU!
That is true we might, however we must remember if those things are what they believe are right they should have the freedom to do those things within reason, our country was not established on the premise of picking and choosing which religion is okay and not okay. There are ways that you can keep things like the muslim prayer from blaring out over the entire prison and just in their cell and from infringing on other prisoners.

In addition the hardin county detention center is a temporary holding facility many who are in there are awaiting trail what if they are innocent and can't afford bail? What if they haven't had their day to prove it? Aren't we innocent until proven guilty? shouldn't we not have fundamental rights taken away until we are proven guilty?

Also if they are guilty isn't the reason we send people to Jail and eventually let them back out is to rehabilitate them? If we want prisoners to avoid going back to jail and costing the county (taxpayers) more money we have to give them a reason to change their lives. Religion does just that!
you know what will happen

Elizabethtown, KY

#24 Mar 30, 2012
michael2547 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true we might, however we must remember if those things are what they believe are right they should have the freedom to do those things within reason, our country was not established on the premise of picking and choosing which religion is okay and not okay. There are ways that you can keep things like the muslim prayer from blaring out over the entire prison and just in their cell and from infringing on other prisoners.
In addition the hardin county detention center is a temporary holding facility many who are in there are awaiting trail what if they are innocent and can't afford bail? What if they haven't had their day to prove it? Aren't we innocent until proven guilty? shouldn't we not have fundamental rights taken away until we are proven guilty?
Also if they are guilty isn't the reason we send people to Jail and eventually let them back out is to rehabilitate them? If we want prisoners to avoid going back to jail and costing the county (taxpayers) more money we have to give them a reason to change their lives. Religion does just that!
naw!!!! they had too many other hours in the day and too many other days to reach an epiphany!! The magic jail time is not the time to bend over backwards for their rights. they gave that up. sorry.
Omg

United States

#25 Mar 30, 2012
Michael2547 wrote:
[QUOTE who="uncle cracker. "]<quoted text>
Valid points. A llil confused when you say that baptism wasnt covenanted until the crucifixion, then say the thief may have already been baptized. Nice to see someone who can give an account for the hope that dwells within. Wouldnt try to change your views or beliefs. But in fairness, would you propose to allow chicken sacrifices if we imprison an african refugee who practices voodoo. I know its a strain, but its a principle. Equality must be equal for all. Hinderance or allowance of religious observance is inclusive of all religions. Just food for thought.
Out of curiosity, who do you consider qualified yo perform baptism and do you believe in sprinklin or dunkin. "

Sorry, I guess that could be a little confusing. I meant even if the old law had already been nailed to the cross we wouldn't know whether or not he had in the past been baptized...but I guess it doesn't really matter since we know for sure that the old law wasn't dead when jesus said that...Although personally I wouldn't advocate voodoo if someone believes that I believe they should have the right under the first amendment to do it...After all I would want to be able to carry out my beliefs if I was an inmate and had learned what the Bible said....I consider anyone qualified to do baptism although it seems usually clergy do it, I believe in dunking because as far as I can tell that is the way it was done in first century, there are also scriptures such as "buried with Christ in Baptism, etc in addition the greek word that is today translated baptism means immersion.
Very lucid response. Especially the reference to "baptisto" which is to bury or cover up (same as immersion). And i think you could scripturally build a thought that if the theif were baptized it would be to johns baptism, therefor he would have fulfilled all that was available at that time. However the disciples preached a different baptism, therefore I do think baptism should be carried out in jesus name. I dont mean that you should profess it as its done, " i baptize you in the name of jesus", but meaning that a person who baptizes others should be called of god, and under authority of god. But again, just to provoke a thought, not to split hairs.
I appreciate your presentation. Its hard to have an in depth discussion on topix, but i do so enjoy intelligent responses.
shirley

Louisville, KY

#26 Nov 11, 2012
well they could put a bible in each cell, like motels & see how many pick it up & read it
Mike

Evansville, IN

#27 Feb 20, 2013
Minnie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
who the hell said i had to be christlike and patriotic? jesus!!! ministry in the jail is a joke. seriously? chances are they didn't go to church before they got locked up. and for damned sure they weren't model patriotic citizens.
You sure haven't read Matthew 25 have you?
Sammywasoo

Leitchfield, KY

#28 Feb 25, 2013
Minnie Lou, who says prisoners would have to leave the Jail to be Baptised, More than likely you are an ignorant Protestant, don't even know what that means do you?
syed quadree

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Jun 8, 2015
Is religious freedom not constitutional rightS
Papa smurf

Elizabethtown, KY

#30 Jun 9, 2015
michael2547 wrote:
I saw in the paper today that the Hardin County jail is not allowing prisoners the religious rights to carry out their religion. It looks like they are not allowing prisoners to be baptized. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to allow the prisoners all the religion they can get. More problems out of the Hardin County Jail...
Should've thought about religion before doing what you did to go to jail
Bob

Frisco, TX

#31 Jun 9, 2015
Baptism is a public declaration of faith, it does not make you a "Christian". As to why they are not allowed the opportunity? Chances are the few may have ruined it for the many. It is possible for someone to change their life while in jail and it's also possible for most to be putting on an act. Read Romans 10:13, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." God knows the heart of all sinners, it is not anyone's place to say this or that about an individual's walk with Him. All have fallen short of the glory of God. All.
Ebah

Brandenburg, KY

#32 Oct 8, 2015
Just_a_thought wrote:
Well. I can tell which "Christians" in this thread have actually read (and understood) their Bibles. Reading comprehension, how does it work?*giggle*
I have and I do its ok let them judge and redicule its ok theythe ones thats gonna be in front of god trying to figure out what to say while god is like . And on this day u was on topix saying this . And will have to e plain and they better have a real reason because god already knows and im not the one thats gonna be lieing out my teeth and get smited good luck lusifer
momma told me not to go

Elk Grove Village, IL

#33 Oct 8, 2015
Baptism is more than a mere public declaration of faith, although it is certainly that. Read in Acts what people asked to do to be saved and they were told to be baptized. Believing in God is only one step, the demons believe and tremble. Believing and obeying His Word which includes baptism. This is what the Bible teaches, now if God will allow others to enter heaven witout this, is up to Him, but why would He have included it in his Holy Word, if He did not want this also.
Ebah

Brandenburg, KY

#34 Oct 8, 2015
As far as I have knkwn hardin co jail has never do.e baptisms but the going to church prt ya . But few and far beyond
Bullshat

Campbellsville, KY

#35 Oct 8, 2015
Who gives a rats dick that an inmate,,,, a criminal can't practice they re religion,,,, THEY ARE A CRIMINAL!!! I pay for them to get 3 hots and a cot,,, and medical and dental treatments.... I could care less that some trash criminal can't practice there religion.
Ebah

Brandenburg, KY

#36 Oct 8, 2015
Bullshat wrote:
Who gives a rats dick that an inmate,,,, a criminal can't practice they re religion,,,, THEY ARE A CRIMINAL!!! I pay for them to get 3 hots and a cot,,, and medical and dental treatments.... I could care less that some trash criminal can't practice there religion.
U should be lockked up till u realise ur no better thN anyone else . Some of the best ppl I have ever met was while I was locked up
Bullshat

Campbellsville, KY

#37 Oct 8, 2015
Glad u made some friends! Good for u! Don't mean I give a shit about a criminals religion or rights to it,,,, they can practice it in there head
Ebah

Brandenburg, KY

#38 Oct 18, 2015
Bullshat wrote:
Glad u made some friends! Good for u! Don't mean I give a shit about a criminals religion or rights to it,,,, they can practice it in there head
So can u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pin oak acquisitions (May '10) 28 min Mad Hatter 145
Adam martinez 49 min Thelatest1 25
Anyone know a GOOD childcare center in town?? (Oct '10) 2 hr Past employee 57
Dow Corning danger! 2 hr Yep 3
Chris Hayes 6 hr Richmondgal 7
The News Enterprise News Paper 13 hr Plat Signer as well 11
Hello 14 hr Randy Smith Again 1

Vine Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance