Hardin County Jail not allowing Prisoners religious freedom....

Posted in the Vine Grove Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Liberty, KY

#1 Mar 28, 2012
I saw in the paper today that the Hardin County jail is not allowing prisoners the religious rights to carry out their religion. It looks like they are not allowing prisoners to be baptized. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to allow the prisoners all the religion they can get. More problems out of the Hardin County Jail...
smdh

Nashville, TN

#2 Mar 28, 2012
the 'system' around here is backwards as hell. you WOULD think they would want them to have more religion, mabye giving them remorse for their actions. you would also think they would take children from homes where theyre cooking dope, but if you tattle tell or throw out some cash theyll leave the baby there. the whole system is ass backwards.
minnie lou

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Mar 28, 2012
naw, they don't need no baptisims. they ain't gonna change. it's just an excuse to get out of the cell. you do the crime you do the time. if they could have been saved, they could and shold have been saved before they were locked up.
YEah

Bardstown, KY

#4 Mar 28, 2012
If you decided to kill off all the atheists in the world, you'd be left with 90% of all inmates and 10% all of scientists.
Crazy

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Mar 28, 2012
I didn't see that. Where is it located? Would like to see their reasons behind this decision.
uncle cracker

Washington, DC

#6 Mar 28, 2012
Criminals forfeit their rights when they commit a crime. Besides, dont you think god is big enough to understand if they sincerly repent?
_Underscore_

Gradyville, KY

#7 Mar 28, 2012
minnie lou wrote:
naw, they don't need no baptisims. they ain't gonna change. it's just an excuse to get out of the cell. you do the crime you do the time. if they could have been saved, they could and shold have been saved before they were locked up.
How very Christlike and patriotic of you.
_Underscore_

Gradyville, KY

#8 Mar 28, 2012
uncle cracker wrote:
Criminals forfeit their rights when they commit a crime. Besides, dont you think god is big enough to understand if they sincerly repent?
Having read the Bible repeatedly: not a chance. Yahweh is petty.
Minnie Lou

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Mar 28, 2012
_Underscore_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How very Christlike and patriotic of you.
who the hell said i had to be christlike and patriotic? jesus!!! ministry in the jail is a joke. seriously? chances are they didn't go to church before they got locked up. and for damned sure they weren't model patriotic citizens.
Sissy

Radcliff, KY

#10 Mar 28, 2012
It is amazing how the inmates get religion the minute they are locked up.Then they loose it Ihe minute they get out. No special arrangements should be made . They are in JAIL,for. A reason.
Crossbowkilla

Charlestown, IN

#11 Mar 28, 2012
minnie lou wrote:
You are right, Most of the time inmates only go to classes or groups to get out of the cell. The hardin county jail has tons of issues with lawyer calls and law library runs because inmates only want to get out of there cell to talk to others or pass things to others. Even though my opinions about the system isnt all that good i strongly believe from my experience as a corporate attorney that inmates are other inmates worst enemies regardless if the system itself or the jails are corrupt.
uncle cracker

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Mar 28, 2012
Sissy wrote:
It is amazing how the inmates get religion the minute they are locked up.Then they loose it Ihe minute they get out. No special arrangements should be made . They are in JAIL,for. A reason.
Well spoken.
Just_a_thought

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Mar 28, 2012
Well. I can tell which "Christians" in this thread have actually read (and understood) their Bibles. Reading comprehension, how does it work?*giggle*

Liberty, KY

#14 Mar 29, 2012
Crazy: It was on the front page of yesterday's news-enterprise...

All: You are right many may just get religion to make the time go by faster however I would rather the inmates get all the religion they can get with the hope of they will absorb some of it before they get to the outside. I figure if an inmate is really wanting to change and get baptized why not let them maybe they will be realistic about it, or at least maybe they will act better while on inside..

Plus those in the Hardin County Jail are temporarily there and many have not yet had a trial..what if someone was innocent.

In addition to all of the above don't we all have to the right to practice our religion (1st amendment)? Just some thoughts...
uncle cracker

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Mar 29, 2012
michael2547 wrote:
Crazy: It was on the front page of yesterday's news-enterprise...

All: You are right many may just get religion to make the time go by faster however I would rather the inmates get all the religion they can get with the hope of they will absorb some of it before they get to the outside. I figure if an inmate is really wanting to change and get baptized why not let them maybe they will be realistic about it, or at least maybe they will act better while on inside..

Plus those in the Hardin County Jail are temporarily there and many have not yet had a trial..what if someone was innocent.

In addition to all of the above don't we all have to the right to practice our religion (1st amendment)? Just some thoughts...
If god was their steering wheel, they wouldnt have to use him as a fire escape.

Liberty, KY

#16 Mar 29, 2012
Uncle Cracker you hit the nail on the head...that is just it....God wasn't their steering wheel until they got to prison, hence why they are in there. They now are wanting the opportunity to make him their steering wheel...
uncle cracker.

Washington, DC

#17 Mar 29, 2012
michael2547 wrote:
Uncle Cracker you hit the nail on the head...that is just it....God wasn't their steering wheel until they got to prison, hence why they are in there. They now are wanting the opportunity to make him their steering wheel...
Yes sir i got that part. I understand that in st john, jesus told nicodemus that he must be baptized. Of course that is only one scripture of many validating water baptism, but if God is omnipotent then wouldnt he discern their sincerity ( or lack there of). What about the theif beside jesus on the cross? Jesus promised him that he would be with him in paradise. Is jesus a liar? Why cant they study the word, meditate and delight in his word. If the conviction is real then he/she will find favor with god. Some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly hood. Jesus rebuked the pharisees because they polluted the grace of god by commanding offerings and washings.
We cant put god in a box.

Liberty, KY

#18 Mar 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="uncle cracker. "]<quoted text>
Yes sir i got that part. I understand that in st john, jesus told nicodemus that he must be baptized. Of course that is only one scripture of many validating water baptism, but if God is omnipotent then wouldnt he discern their sincerity ( or lack there of). What about the theif beside jesus on the cross? Jesus promised him that he would be with him in paradise. Is jesus a liar? Why cant they study the word, meditate and delight in his word. If the conviction is real then he/she will find favor with god. Some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly hood. Jesus rebuked the pharisees because they polluted the grace of god by commanding offerings and washings.
We cant put god in a box.[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right! The Bible does tell us we must be baptized with water baptism so why wouldn't we let prisoners if they want to? How do we know the thief hadn't already been baptized? In addition we were still under the old law at that point since Jesus had not yet died on the cross. Jesus rebuked the pharisees because they were commanding things and then not doing them themselves, and they were commanding things above and beyond the law. This isn't above and beyond the law. The prisoners aren't being allowed to do something as simple as water baptism that is shown in scripture and that the first amendment gives them the right to do, and it is something most counties in KY allow prisoners to do.
uncle cracker.

Washington, DC

#19 Mar 29, 2012
michael2547 wrote:
We cant put god in a box. "

You are exactly right! The Bible does tell us we must be baptized with water baptism so why wouldn't we let prisoners if they want to? How do we know the thief hadn't already been baptized? In addition we were still under the old law at that point since Jesus had not yet died on the cross. Jesus rebuked the pharisees because they were commanding things and then not doing them themselves, and they were commanding things above and beyond the law. This isn't above and beyond the law. The prisoners aren't being allowed to do something as simple as water baptism that is shown in scripture and that the first amendment gives them the right to do, and it is something most counties in KY allow prisoners to do.
Valid points. A llil confused when you say that baptism wasnt covenanted until the crucifixion, then say the thief may have already been baptized. Nice to see someone who can give an account for the hope that dwells within. Wouldnt try to change your views or beliefs. But in fairness, would you propose to allow chicken sacrifices if we imprison an african refugee who practices voodoo. I know its a strain, but its a principle. Equality must be equal for all. Hinderance or allowance of religious observance is inclusive of all religions. Just food for thought.

Out of curiosity, who do you consider qualified yo perform baptism and do you believe in sprinklin or dunkin.
Michael2547

Evansville, IN

#20 Mar 29, 2012
Valid points. A llil confused when you say that baptism wasnt covenanted until the crucifixion, then say the thief may have already been baptized. Nice to see someone who can give an account for the hope that dwells within. Wouldnt try to change your views or beliefs. But in fairness, would you propose to allow chicken sacrifices if we imprison an african refugee who practices voodoo. I know its a strain, but its a principle. Equality must be equal for all. Hinderance or allowance of religious observance is inclusive of all religions. Just food for thought.
Out of curiosity, who do you consider qualified yo perform baptism and do you believe in sprinklin or dunkin.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I guess that could be a little confusing. I meant even if the old law had already been nailed to the cross we wouldn't know whether or not he had in the past been baptized...but I guess it doesn't really matter since we know for sure that the old law wasn't dead when jesus said that...Although personally I wouldn't advocate voodoo if someone believes that I believe they should have the right under the first amendment to do it...After all I would want to be able to carry out my beliefs if I was an inmate and had learned what the Bible said....I consider anyone qualified to do baptism although it seems usually clergy do it, I believe in dunking because as far as I can tell that is the way it was done in first century, there are also scriptures such as "buried with Christ in Baptism, etc in addition the greek word that is today translated baptism means immersion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hobby Lobby 1 hr deals 16
help me understand akebono 4/3 shift. 2 hr Might be 15
women of metalsa 2 hr people like you 9
Pam at O'charleys? 2 hr strutter 1
burger king by central hardin 2 hr dom4u 1
Window Tinting 2 hr walkerwilliam 8
Brandon 3 hr I agree 12

Flood Warning for Hardin County was issued at March 06 at 10:33AM EST

Vine Grove Dating
Find my Match