Pledges and Prayers
Patriotic

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 May 27, 2012
Why do kids no longer say prayers or the traditional Pledge of Allegiance in schools anymore?
_Underscore_

Campbellsville, KY

#2 May 27, 2012
Patriotic wrote:
Why do kids no longer say prayers or the traditional Pledge of Allegiance in schools anymore?
The traditional pledge makes no mention of God. A pledge that doesn't mention God IS the traditional pledge. It was changed in the 1950's as a form of propaganda to unify us against those gosh-darn reds.

Prayers that are nonsecular and are mandatory violate the separation of church and state. Students are allowed to practice their faith so long as it doesn't interfere with classes. I read my Bible and attended "church" groups during the periods of time before and after school. Christianity isn't "kicked out" of schools, but proselytism of it is with extreme prejudice. As for it being kicked out of the classroom, well, how well would it sit with someone if their child's teacher had daily quotes from the Koran or prayers to Vishnu?
most conservative

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 May 27, 2012
They did at my daughters 8th graduation this year. We all Bowed our heads and prayed. I live in Hardin county but she goes to school In Washington co. It was nice to know that there are schools that still allow this.
FYI

Morgantown, KY

#4 May 27, 2012
I just love the fact that people here think that the biggest problem with our schools is that they don't shove enough 'Murica and Jeezus down kids' throats.
most conservative

Boynton Beach, FL

#5 May 27, 2012
FYI wrote:
I just love the fact that people here think that the biggest problem with our schools is that they don't shove enough 'Murica and Jeezus down kids' throats.
I doubt anybody seems to think that it's the BIGGEST problem.
FYI

Morgantown, KY

#6 May 27, 2012
Well, the biggest problem for Billy Bob and Cleetus, anyway.
_Underscore_

Lexington, KY

#7 May 28, 2012
most conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt anybody seems to think that it's the BIGGEST problem.
Oh, the fundamentalist plague thinks that it's the biggest issue. Our education system is leaving our children behind the rest of the world . The fundamentalist pseudo-Christians are more concerned about pushing their hokey faith into the classroom and stirring up fake controversy over a non-existent debate.
old timer

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 May 28, 2012
They say it everyday at NPES! I am proud of HCS for allowing us to do it each and everyday!
Bankster

Louisville, KY

#9 May 28, 2012
_Underscore_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the fundamentalist plague thinks that it's the biggest issue. Our education system is leaving our children behind the rest of the world . The fundamentalist pseudo-Christians are more concerned about pushing their hokey faith into the classroom and stirring up fake controversy over a non-existent debate.
THIS.

Christianity is killing education, along with lower standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Violet creech 1 hr Ewbruh 5
Easy Money Pawn, Radcliffe (Sep '10) 5 hr Jim bobcock 28
John Malcolmson Fired EMS Director GO AWAY 11 hr HC EMT 30
Shauna at the gold vault inn 11 hr Mind your business 2
Brittany getchel 11 hr Mind your business 2
Moving to Rineyville 12 hr Newbies 1
heavenly suff 13 hr Knowledge 1

Vine Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance