Curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Feb 25, 2013
Someone please explain to me what is so attractive about rednecks, because it seems like everyone goes for them around here (there's not many other options, but still.) I could never in my life imagine dating a redneck. What is so appealing about having bad teeth, looking all around dirty, smelling like dip spit, and looking like you just crawled out of a coal mine. They all act the same, look the same, dress the same, and probably all have an IQ in the borderline retarded range. I guess no one wants a man that you can have deep, enlightening conversations about life with? Now don't get me wrong, I have net nice and cool and somewhat intelligent rednecks before, but that's not the kind I'm talking about. You can deny it all you want but you know the kind I'm talking about. I've lived in Kentucky all my life and I work with rednecks all day. I would rather stick needles in my cuticles then kiss a mouth that tastes like grizzly wintergreen and cheap beer.

“Faith. Folk. Family.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Yeah, whatever man. I know plenty of educated, articulate people who happen to be blue collar workers.

As a proud southern man, I am a bit offended at what you are implying. While I find dipping detestable and I prefer to talk to people who have some sort of wisdom to offer, I think you may be mislabeling a lot of people.

So tell me. Are you talking about the more rustic, folkish kind of men who enjoy simple things, hard labor, and a less sophisticated lifestyle or are you talking about a very specific kind of neurotically macho person?
Curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Feb 25, 2013
northern wind wrote:
Yeah, whatever man. I know plenty of educated, articulate people who happen to be blue collar workers.
As a proud southern man, I am a bit offended at what you are implying. While I find dipping detestable and I prefer to talk to people who have some sort of wisdom to offer, I think you may be mislabeling a lot of people.
So tell me. Are you talking about the more rustic, folkish kind of men who enjoy simple things, hard labor, and a less sophisticated lifestyle or are you talking about a very specific kind of neurotically macho person?
You didn't read the whole thing... I did imply that I know a few rednecks who present reasonable intelligence, however they don't conform exclusively to that one lifestyle like so many others do. I guess i mean that they are more open minded (as in not racist, open and willing to talk to different people and learn about different lifestyles outside of their small-town hick culture, willing to pursue an education, etc.)
I'm talking about the ignorant, racist, trapped in the small-town mindset.. catch my drift? You see them on here all the time. There is not a worse kind of blind conformity. Ask them why they do the things they do and think the things they think. Guarantee you won't get an answer.

“Faith. Folk. Family.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Feb 25, 2013
I think small communities are better, personally. I have seen the slime of many a city from here to the west, down to the Cayamns and below and trust me, I am not missing out. I am not a racist, but I love my race and beleive in its preservation.

If you want to talk to intelligent people, then get involved. Politics, music, and religion. Three pillars of passionate people. Look in a place you find appropriate and see who you meet.
Mandy

Leitchfield, KY

#6 Feb 25, 2013
Racists & small minded people are everywhere, not just in Kentucky. I know quite a few people who I wouldn't classify as rednecks, who think other religions are wrong & that there is no reason to learn about other cultures. Don't judge all based on some.
ppp5902

United States

#7 Feb 26, 2013
Mandy wrote:
Racists & small minded people are everywhere, not just in Kentucky. I know quite a few people who I wouldn't classify as rednecks, who think other religions are wrong & that there is no reason to learn about other cultures. Don't judge all based on some.
I think the OP falls into the Racist and small minded segment.
Zohan

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
Someone please explain to me what is so attractive about rednecks, because it seems like everyone goes for them around here (there's not many other options, but still.) I could never in my life imagine dating a redneck. What is so appealing about having bad teeth, looking all around dirty, smelling like dip spit, and looking like you just crawled out of a coal mine. They all act the same, look the same, dress the same, and probably all have an IQ in the borderline retarded range. I guess no one wants a man that you can have deep, enlightening conversations about life with? Now don't get me wrong, I have net nice and cool and somewhat intelligent rednecks before, but that's not the kind I'm talking about. You can deny it all you want but you know the kind I'm talking about. I've lived in Kentucky all my life and I work with rednecks all day. I would rather stick needles in my cuticles then kiss a mouth that tastes like grizzly wintergreen and cheap beer.
I got a good idea go find you a great intelligent Black guy or how about a mental heavy weight like an Amish fella or maybe you would like a fresh and clean Mexican stud you think one of the following would float your boat?? I hear the Black guys love smoking crack and shower weekly and the Amish men have the IQ of a horse cock but don't forget the Mexican men half of them can't speak English smell of high quality tequila and also bathe once a month......... So which do you think you would prefer????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bryan close 24 min Wes B 12
Chris M welder at Metalsa 2nd shift 39 min Curious 1
Convicted Sex Offender allowed to be around chi... (Apr '10) 2 hr truth101 29
Where Did The Latest News On Our Little Girl Go? 2 hr Dallas Maverick p... 10
Bangin booty hairdresser 2 hr Big smo 10
Boycott Target 3 hr rooster 22
Sexual favors 3 hr bbc270 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vine Grove Mortgages