jrh

Leitchfield, KY

#1 Jan 1, 2013
does anybody know if there is any store in e-town that still has a coffee grinder where you can grind your coffee real fined, kroger did have one in each store but they no longer have them
Cappadonna

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jan 1, 2013
"coffee"?
Steve

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 1, 2013
Walmart has one of those machines.
jrh

Leitchfield, KY

#4 Jan 1, 2013
thanks steve for the info
Coffee Connoisseur

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
jrh wrote:
does anybody know if there is any store in e-town that still has a coffee grinder where you can grind your coffee real fined, kroger did have one in each store but they no longer have them
There are 2 styles of coffee grinders.

One is a regular grinder like you will find at Kroger's.
I would never send my beans through any store's grinder for 3 reasons.
1) You get remnants of every other coffee flavor that has gone threw the machine.
2) The finer the grind the stronger the flavor of the brewed coffee. Most stores don't keep the blades sharp enough for a fine powder like I prefer.
3) When you grind coffee through the Kroger grinder you are warming the beans thus changing the flavor.

Now here is what you do:
You buy a Burr Coffee Grinder.
A Burr grinder does not have a blade so it doesn't heat up the beans. It pulverizes the beans. When you empty beans out of a Burr grinder the beans are not even warm thus no strong burnt taste.
Also by grinding before brewing you get the freshest flavor, every time. I get my coffee from Costco's in Louisville. Starbuck's French Roast whole bean and we buy 3 or 4 bags at a time. I think they are 2 or 2.5 pound bags.
I am not trying to be snooty or arrogant, just thought you might want a better way to do it if you really are serious and enjoy your coffee.

Here's a link on where to purchase a Burr Coffee Grinder:
http://www.amazon.com/b...

I bought mine at Costco for under $40 but I have paid $100 for one before at Costco. It broke and they refunded me my money because the company that made the grinder went out of business.

If you get a Burr grinder you will love it!
Steve

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2013
That is true about the grocery store grinders. I personally don't use them because there is no way to avoid all the leftover crap that is inside the machine. But, to each his own.
Coffee Connoisseur

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 3, 2013
The reviews on the grinder are accurate as the coffee powder clings to the lid but it isn't a huge problem. If it was I would have sent it back. The lid must also be in place for it to work. Once you figure the lid has to be in place it's a breeze. It will grind to the finest powder you would ever want. I have owned mine for over a year with heavy 3 pots or more a day use.
jrh

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Jan 3, 2013
thank both you for the info on the grinder i know now where to start at again thank you for your help
trythis

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jan 3, 2013
jrh wrote:
thank both you for the info on the grinder i know now where to start at again thank you for your help
SAMS CLUB..
Coffee Connoisseur

Louisville, KY

#11 Jan 3, 2013
I used to go to Sam's for everything. I bought so much from them that they were giving me free memberships every year. I have been drinking Starbucks French Roast Whole Bean coffee for over 10 years. Sam's used to sell it but deleted it. I was nice, I called Sam's but they wouldn't reactivate the item.
Costco still sells it and when I go there that's not all Sam's Club loses as I buy more than just coffee. I let me spending elsewhere do my talking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a church 2 hr Scooter 8
Morningview Gardens 3 hr make the visit 2
Laura Boozer 3 hr Osama 27
Skippers Pools 4 hr HB jr 3
Cute girl at Gamestop in mall 6 hr Thatcutegirlismine 8
Greg Shafer 7 hr Osama 9
matee birosh 9 hr him 4
More from around the web

Vine Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE