First Prev
of 4
Next Last
discusted

Gradyville, KY

#1 Sep 1, 2011
Everytime I go to Lowe's I cannot get any help. Yesterday I went there for fencing and had to put it all on the cart by myself. A Lowe's employee came by spoke and just kept going. I paid and told the sales clerk I need help to load it , he said he will call someone. I went out and got my truck and pulled up to the door, waited 15 mins, no help. I went inside got the cart and started out the door and he said mam I am working on it. I said I will be loading it until he gets here and went out the door. I loaded it all and pulled away with no help. I buy alot of merchandise from Lowe's but think I will be going to home depot and see if I can get service there. I am a female in my 70's and did need some help. I was so mad I loaded it faster than I put it on the cart.
hmm

Brandenburg, KY

#2 Sep 1, 2011
They are sad when it comes to service they have better prices but service is important
sugarbell

Mishawaka, IN

#3 Sep 1, 2011
I would also shop somewhere
sugarbell

Mishawaka, IN

#4 Sep 1, 2011
sugarbell wrote:
I would also shop somewhere
I would also shop somewhere else.(sorry for two posts.. Daughter grabbed my phone and sent it before I was finished.) Customer service that is good is hard to find these days, sadly. If I had seen you struggling, I would have stopped to help even though I do not work at Lowe's. People have gotten lost in the world of money and only think about pleasing theirselves today.

“The truth shall set you free”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 2, 2011
They have had to cut back due to the state of the economy the same as everyone else. I went there last weekend and could not find any help and just did the best I could. I am afraid self service is a trend we are heading towards.....
lowes

Atlanta, GA

#6 Sep 2, 2011
They are so good.
thinking maybe

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Sep 2, 2011
lowes wrote:
They are so good.
good at avoiding. all of them are on their little phones talking to god knows who. they avoid eye contact. maybe there are too many people who don't want to be helped and when they ask, they get turned off by rude people. i personally can tell by the look in people's eyes if they need help. usually the deer in the headlights look give me a clue.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Sep 2, 2011
they have gotten worse i got a saying sun dont always shine on a hogs hind end they better get back to there old ways a lady i saw a while back was having trouble gettina a bag of sand in her car i helped her she thanked me so much.
Anonymous

Leitchfield, KY

#9 Sep 2, 2011
sugarbell wrote:
<quoted text>
I would also shop somewhere else.(sorry for two posts.. Daughter grabbed my phone and sent it before I was finished.) Customer service that is good is hard to find these days, sadly. If I had seen you struggling, I would have stopped to help even though I do not work at Lowe's. People have gotten lost in the world of money and only think about pleasing theirselves today.
There's no reward for good customer service; yhere's no real incentive for 'giving a 110%.' Most employees will do the bare-minimum. Lowes in Elizabethtown? Terrible. A regional manager should very seriously consider picking a day and spend it observing the store in plain-clothes, unannounced, and remind them why they're getting a paycheck.

“The truth shall set you free”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 2, 2011
But you know most people are going to go where they get the best product for the best price regardless of customer service. That is really the bottom line.....
Shopper

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Sep 2, 2011
Low's...that's what it is...not Lowes. And the quality of their products is pretty poor.
MMMMMM

Brandenburg, KY

#12 Sep 2, 2011
Sounds Like Wal-Mart ever have anyone ask you if you needed any help there?
believer

Clarkson, KY

#13 Sep 4, 2011
discusted wrote:
Everytime I go to Lowe's I cannot get any help. Yesterday I went there for fencing and had to put it all on the cart by myself. A Lowe's employee came by spoke and just kept going. I paid and told the sales clerk I need help to load it , he said he will call someone. I went out and got my truck and pulled up to the door, waited 15 mins, no help. I went inside got the cart and started out the door and he said mam I am working on it. I said I will be loading it until he gets here and went out the door. I loaded it all and pulled away with no help. I buy alot of merchandise from Lowe's but think I will be going to home depot and see if I can get service there. I am a female in my 70's and did need some help. I was so mad I loaded it faster than I put it on the cart.
go to carter lumber on hogenville rd,and i promise that will never happen.
young stud

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Sep 4, 2011
discusted wrote:
Thats horrible. I always help the elder when in need, on or off the clock.
Lowes fan

Glasgow, KY

#15 Sep 4, 2011
believer wrote:
<quoted text>go to carter lumber on hogenville rd,and i promise that will never happen.
better take you bank account with you the price will be double. But service does come with a price tag.

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Sep 4, 2011
Customer service is easy to find, you just need to pay for it.

Lowes would have delivered the items to your home without you lifting a finger.

Lowes are selling you the items, they aren't selling you the labor to get the items into your truck. If I was a woman in my 70's I wouldn't go to Lowes by myself, I'd have gone with someone to help me load the truck.

But I guess these days everyone wants something for nothing.
Lowes fan

Glasgow, KY

#17 Sep 4, 2011
Christopher Hitchens wrote:
Lowes are selling you the items, they aren't selling you the labor to get the items into your truck. If I was a woman in my 70's I wouldn't go to Lowes by myself, I'd have gone with someone to help me load the truck.
well said, lowes is a "diy" store. google it.
Hank Hill

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Sep 4, 2011
Meh, I'd take the time to help customers load/unload product. Then again, I've got a bad case of boredom a lot of the time so I help random people, anyways.

Working hard makes the day go by much, much faster. Plus, you never know when a better job opportunity will pop up from it.

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Sep 4, 2011
Hank Hill wrote:
Meh, I'd take the time to help customers load/unload product. Then again, I've got a bad case of boredom a lot of the time so I help random people, anyways.
Working hard makes the day go by much, much faster. Plus, you never know when a better job opportunity will pop up from it.
I'd guess that half of the Lowe's staff members would have a similar attitude. The problem is that half of them are busy doing something else and most of the others are having a day off, or some have had their hours cut so they aren't working either.

Big box retailers get by with as few staff as possible. And those staff members are paid as little as possible. Companies will pay lip service to customer service, but they won't be paying extra for it and they won't train properly towards it.

That's what helps to keep prices down.

The original poster can try Home Depot, but I doubt they'll be any better.

Like I said, she could have paid extra and had the items delivered to her house. How much better is that? Even better she could have employed a fencing company to do the fence and she wouldn't have needed to do anything.
discusted

Campbellsville, KY

#20 Sep 5, 2011
Christopher Hitchens wrote:
No I am not trying to get something for nothing. I pay my way. Sure they will deliver for 60.00, what a joke. Well what do you do when you have no one to help you???/ You sound like an idiot. You will not live to be 70 + with your smart attitude. They are suppose to load the items for you. They sure helped a man behind me and the guy went back into the store. Its like they hide. This didn't just start happening they have been the same right along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old friends 20 min Motel hook ups 1
Grimes vs mcconnell 1 hr Grimes 8
RPD Listening2calls 1 hr hmmmm 8
Rentals 1 hr Barbi 1
Belt Spanking 3 hr oh yes I did 57
Lisa BURGIN backstabbing c-nt 4 hr i know who 3
pinkham lincoln (Jul '11) 6 hr anonomouse 42
Vine Grove Dating
Find my Match

Vine Grove Jobs