First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sigh

United States

#3 Feb 12, 2013
perhaps potential dates find your attitude atrocious. Just saying.
Haa

Glasgow, KY

#5 Feb 12, 2013
The only girls you're gonna find on Topix are hambeasts and meth skanks. Finding a single girl in E'town is hard, as most of the good ones are taken. Your best bet: try Louisville.

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Ok, you see a hot girl. You talk to her, you have a really good conversation. She's really pretty. There's nothing about her that you dislike.

And then she says she doesn't have a car.

That's a deal breaker for you? Really????
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2013
first step ...... spend less time on the internet whining

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Feb 12, 2013
no gf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is a deal breaker. I just had a relationship like that not too long ago. I was the one always having to go out of my way to make sure we got to see each other. Say I have to work late 5-6 days in a row and I don't feel like driving an hour round trip when she could have came to me. If I don't go then it is my fault that we didn't see each other when in reality I want to see my gf pretty much everyday. A job and a car are absolute deal breakers and a majority of the women that I have actually meet seem to lack one or the other.
Learn to enjoy being alone then. It's what you deserve.
Realist

United States

#14 Feb 12, 2013
no gf wrote:
How the hell am I supposed to find a gf in this area? I only have a few criteria which I don't find to be over the top in any way. At least moderately attractive, not fat (athletic preferred), has a car and a job. Does that exist and if so where can you even meet someone? I have a good job, am attractive and fit but can't find a gf. Please help!!!!!!!!!
if you're desperate enough to look on topix, maybe that's why. Focus on other things besides finding a gf because its not the most important thing in the world. Having priorities is attractive.
guessagain

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Honestly, I know the feeling. I've been living in Elizabethtown for about a year now and I have yet to meet a decent guy. I'm in school and all the guys at ECC are old and married. I've hung out with a few people but no one I could really see myself with. I'm not saying I'm looking for someone on Topix, and I don't even consider dating sites an option, but I do know how it feels. I don't think you're being whiney or desperate- especially if you're in circumstances like I'm in- new to to the area. My friends are all 100 miles away. Btw, I'm not a hambeast nor a meth skank. I'd say I'm cute, I'm college educated, have a job and a car. But I do agree that the majority of the people (and in the Elizabethtown area for that matter) on here are trash.
Heehaw

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Feb 12, 2013
I'm not trying to sound rude but stick with the dog as long as you can. Women come and go but you'll never find the companionship from a girl that a dog can give
Fett

Glasgow, KY

#20 Feb 13, 2013
Sounds to me like there is a young lady on here that meets your ideas and I would assume you meet hers maybe there is something .. nogf vf and guessagain
Kuntrygirl

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Feb 13, 2013
no gf wrote:
<quoted text>
30 with a career, college degree, a home and retirement savings. What should I be focusing my life on now other than starting a family?
are you a nerdy type??? why don't women hit on you? Im 40 and have never had any trouble running into descent men in the etown area, yeah some are players but you have to weed those out. You have to go out of your box so to speak to find someone interesting, Your criteria of a good job and a vehicle is attainable but if your looking at the under 30 crowd that may be why your not having any luck. Most of them are used up meth heads or knocked up 10 different times by 10 diffrent men, love drama and shit starting, if you truly want a relationship look to the women a little older than yourself. If you like kids that will be a plus, most people your age and mine have children already. I always had pretty good luck just going and hanging out with friends at different bars etc, but I found most of the descent men around were online looking for something more serious than a one night stand. Which is what i was looking for myself. Good luck, keep in mind severns valley baptist church here on ring road has an excellent singles club, you don't have to go t church there to be a memeber either.

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Feb 14, 2013
guessagain wrote:
But I do agree that the majority of the people (and in the Elizabethtown area for that matter) on here are trash.
What does a person have to do to justify being called "trash" by you?

How do you know that the majority of people on here are trash?
Kuntrygirl

Elizabethtown, KY

#24 Feb 14, 2013
Christopher Hitchens wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not trash, I work 40 hours a week and have my own home own car and own money I just merely get on here for redneck entertainment. So The person who said the majority is trash is probably trash themselves!!
Kuntryboy

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Feb 14, 2013
People trash other people to make them feel better about their own low life.
Kuntrygirl

Elizabethtown, KY

#26 Feb 14, 2013
Kuntryboy wrote:
People trash other people to make them feel better about their own low life.
I guess but its pathetic! I hate people who do that to others, peoples lives are bad enough without others bashing on them for no reason when they dont' even know them at all.

Since: May 11

Shepherdsville, KY

#27 Feb 14, 2013
I'm not sure there is anyplace in Etown to really go. There's no bars, and practically no coffee shops (certainly none that are suitable for socializing and meeting people). I think there might be a bowling alley in town, but being a yuppie (in this instance I'm not using that as an insult) I doubt you would find someone who is really compatible. Your best bet is to try online dating. People mentioned churches, but if you aren't already attending one I can't recommend joining just to meet potential partners. If you consider yourself the artsy type you might consider checking out events at the State Theater. You might be more likely to meet people there if that is your kind of thing.
guessagain

Leitchfield, KY

#28 Feb 14, 2013
Christopher Hitchens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the majority of people on here are trash because of the topics that appear in this forum, and the comments people leave on them. Like... For example the one about white women dating black men. Who cares, your racism is disgusting. Then the one about the Adult Bookstore and the 6 or 7 pages of white trash comments on it. Just two examples. I like Etown, I was born here and lived here half my life, but the small town minded people just gross me out.

Since: May 11

Shepherdsville, KY

#30 Feb 14, 2013
no gf wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is nothing to do or nowhere to go? Do they ever think of why the area has such a bad drug problem? Do they just want all of the young people to move away after they graduate high school? Maybe the money for something like the sports park should have been used to bring in things for the young adults to do in the area.
I whole heartedly agree. Granted I live in LJ so I can go to louisville for entertainment, and just Etown for basic shopping.

Doesn't Radcliff have a bunch of bars and stuff in it? There's lots of stuff people can do without beer, but I just don't see anything in Etown for people who want to meet others outside of their normal social group. After 20 the mall stops being a suitable place for a date (believe me, I've tried).
Hardhearted

United States

#31 Feb 14, 2013
When I had the time, I went to the bowling alley with friends and met people through mutual friends. Make friends or just walk up to a girl and ask bluntly. Good luck a lot of these females are married and act single so be careful.
pub

United States

#32 Feb 15, 2013
You can always go to the old three putts...Heartland Golf Course now. They have a pub there. I'm not sure about the quality of people that go, but they have def cleaned the place up.
Kuntrygirl

Elizabethtown, KY

#33 Feb 15, 2013
pub wrote:
You can always go to the old three putts...Heartland Golf Course now. They have a pub there. I'm not sure about the quality of people that go, but they have def cleaned the place up.
Yep use to hang out there sometimes on the weekend, fun atmosphere, good bands sometimes, haven't been since the new owners took over and named it something else. You might try BG too they have alot more bars etc to meet people if thats where you want to meet them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question about Metalsa (Jun '14) 2 hr Overworked 38
Shannon Parnell 2 hr ashlie 8
Who ever wrote Jessica Gilbert Lynn Baby #5 5 hr Hatershate 1
metalsa 7 hr none of ur business 19
Academy Sports Etown 8 hr tinab 3
LeeAnna Do(g)wan 8 hr the fact of the m... 5
Summit Polymers to go UNION! (Jun '14) 9 hr xemployee 36
More from around the web

Vine Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE