not happy

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

About three weeks ago I bought a stack-on gun safe from Uncle Dans. I paid around $700.00 for it and have nothing but problems since then. I contacted Uncle Dans, they told me to call stack-on so I did that. The lady told me a couple different things I could truy and if they didn't work then to return it from the place i bought it for my money back. So yesterday I called Uncle Dans, his wife answered, I told her everything that was going on and what Stack-on said to do if I couldn't get it working. I never raised my voice, cursed at her or anything. She hung up on me!!! Then I called back, she answered again, I told her I didn't appreciate her hanging up on me and it wasnt very nice. She told me that the safe issue wasn't her problem, there was nothing they could do and in her words, I was going to have to "eat it"! What kind of customer service is that?!?! My fiance called back and got Uncle Dan on the phone. He went on to tell me that I could not return it and there was nothing he could do either. So my question is, how does a business sell products that they dont satnd behind? I could see if it was a $20 item or something but come on.$700.00 on a 400+ pound item that has thousands and thousands of dollars worth of guns in it to protect my family with and I take a chance that it wont open when i try to get in it. I just can't believe that they are going to treat their customers like that. I have been buying guns and etc from them for years and have never been treated like that. Just want to let everyone know beware of what you buy from UNCLE DANS because if it messes up then your just gonna have to "eat it"!

Anyone else had any problems from them?
Kevin Lomax

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

I have bought several guns from them too and I have also had my fair share off hard times from them. Especially the young kid in there that works at the gun counter sometimes. Every time I as to see something he acts like a jerk. The only one I'll deal with now is the old man himself.
tell me more

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

I've heard alot of these stories
myopinion

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

I would call the better business bureau on them, where is this place located I sure don't want to deal with them.
nick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

This place is terrible! And i mean it. Bad customer service, bad prices, and they feel like you( the customer) are an idiot. Do yourself a favor, go some place else. Walmart would be a better option than uncle Damns, sorry Dans. All this place wants is your money, i will never go back for Anything!!
Nick
Miss Sabrina

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

this is silly...hello it is a pawn shop? You can't expect them to warranty used products other people pawned off on them. lol HaHa quit trying to be so cheap and go buy the item somewhere that comes with a warranty or quit complaining.
gunner

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I spent a lot of money in that store when Ron was working in there. If he wasn't working on the day I went in I would leave. I do not deal with Dan or his family. Now there are other options that will treat you far better on service and price in Etown.
helmwood plaza

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

gunner wrote:
I spent a lot of money in that store when Ron was working in there. If he wasn't working on the day I went in I would leave. I do not deal with Dan or his family. Now there are other options that will treat you far better on service and price in Etown.
go to I think sporters rod and gun?they are so very friendly and they go out of the way to help ya,i don't wk there and I don't even know the owner but I have bought a new xds and ammo from them and now they carry live bait.Dan is always hung over in a bad mood because he gets his ass spanked playing poker all the time bad bad consumer friendly hate to ask them to look at a gun it pisses them off it seems like.But he does sponsor the NWTF woowho!!!!.
chuck

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

The company told you wrong. Dans didn't build the item they sold it to you. They are not reaponsiable for the item. It's a manufactoring defect its the companies problem. It's their product they should fix it.
When you buy a car, if it breaks and is under warrenty the company pays to have it fixed not the seller.
Why would you hold Wal-Mart responsible for a item made in China? It's the manufacture who is at fault.
Secondly dis they sell it to you new? Or used? If its used why would you hold them accountable?
Call the company back and talk to a manager there. Dans didn't build it they resold it. Either way the company pawned you off. They have the warrenty not any pawn shop nor any store.
Well

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Well, chuck, usually if I buy something from walmart and it doesn't work, I return it to walmart to get my money back. And this should be the case for this item.

But this IS Uncle Dan's and they have horrible customer service and prices. I seriously don't see how they stay in business. I seriously don't see how they stay in business.
Oops

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Oops for repeating the last sentence :)

give me a break

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Oops wrote:
Oops for repeating the last sentence :)
DAN IS A BUSSINESS MAN LOOK AT THE REFRAT HE DEALS WITH EVERY DAY HELL I WOULD BE HALF OFF PLUM TO BUT HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT GOOD TO ME AND MY BUDDIES,GLAD SOMEONE IS IN TOWN TO GET YA THE SHIT YOU NEED FOR THE BIG HUNT...
Handyman434

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

I have never had anything but great servicr them and have never witnessed them being unprofessional. I've known them for years, and so has my friends. I know you can't pleae everyone, but if you bought something used there is no warranty and if it is new, then it is covered byhe mnufacturer-not Uncle Dans.
chuck

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Dear well
Why should this be the case? Is it new? Most likely not. It's a pawn shop. It's his business he built it his rules.
To be honest the company has the responsibility to fix the item not the reseller. And especially if it was purchased used. When you buy a used car for dirt cheap should the seller fix anything after the transaction? No.
When a business owner buys a item to resell its their option as to how they want to handle repairs and such. It's optional for the reseller. But the true problem is the manufacture. They hold the warrenty not the place you buy from. The manufacture lied to op in telling them to return it to dans. They should have sent a shipping label to have item returned on their dime. They did make a faulty one.
Small business are not Wal-Mart and have no reason to be thought of as rich to be scrapped on by people who expect everyone they meet to give them some sort of welfare treatment. Nothing is free. Deal with the manufacture not the people who sold it to you. Especially if you feel you have been handled wrong.
Mack

Ekron, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

They have absolutely no people skills at all, they think they no everything bout everything and the most unfriendlyest people I've ever met. I won't go back more my friends..
Need to know

Bee Spring, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

Judged:

not happy wrote:
About three weeks ago I bought a stack-on gun safe from Uncle Dans. I paid around $700.00 for it and have nothing but problems since then. I contacted Uncle Dans, they told me to call stack-on so I did that. The lady told me a couple different things I could truy and if they didn't work then to return it from the place i bought it for my money back. So yesterday I called Uncle Dans, his wife answered, I told her everything that was going on and what Stack-on said to do if couldn't get it working. I never raised my voice, cursed at her or anything. She hung up on me!!! Then I called back, she answered again, I told her I didn't appreciate her hanging up on me and it wasnt very nice. She told me that the safe issue wasn't her problem, there was nothing they could do and in her words, I was going to have to "eat it"! What kind of customer service is that?!?! My fiance called back and got Uncle Dan on the phone. He went on to tell me that I could not return it and there was nothing he could do either. So my question is, how does a business sell products that they dont satnd behind? I could see if it was a $20 item or something but come on.$700.00 on a 400+ pound item that has thousands and thousands of dollars worth of guns in it to protect my family with and I take a chance that it wont open when i try to get in it. I just can't believe that they are going to treat their customers like that. I have been buying guns and etc from them for years and have never been treated like that. Just want to let everyone know beware of what you buy from UNCLE DANS because if it messes up then your just gonna have to "eat it"!
Anyone else had any problems from them?
yes they sold me a fake gold ring and told me to bad. And they took real wood off my rifle and replaced it with plastic. Crooks.
cheap

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Need to know wrote:
<quoted text> yes they sold me a fake gold ring and told me to bad. And they took real wood off my rifle and replaced it with plastic. Crooks.
he is a pawn shop lamo!!if you want a good ring go to a high end jewelry store and pay 200 times more for hard gold..
Need to know

Bee Spring, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

cheap wrote:
<quoted text> he is a pawn shop lamo!!if you want a good ring go to a high end jewelry store and pay 200 times more for hard gold..
. You are a fool. What about my gun?
Another Vet

Lebanon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Miss Sabrina wrote:
this is silly...hello it is a pawn shop? You can't expect them to warranty used products other people pawned off on them. lol HaHa quit trying to be so cheap and go buy the item somewhere that comes with a warranty or quit complaining.
They may be a pawn shop first but they are also a retail end sports shop. They have NEW items there for sale as well as used. They even proclaim to be an outlet for Bass Pro. Being cheap has nothing to do with it when you are buying a new item. The BBB could help because I think in the state of Kentucky there is a certain time line gaurantee on any new item bought.
garnet

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

Take them to Small Claims Court.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vine Grove Discussions

Search the Vine Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 147,236
Altec 7 min funny 7
Communicare Job Cuts (Feb '11) 12 min Passages 42
Hardin Memorial Mass Firings 16 min South 50
Christie Lorenz 20 min Lover 1
JE Harry Berry needs an aspirin! 2 hr JJ Duvall Goodman 7
Lincoln Trail Behavioral Health 6 hr curious 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vine Grove Jobs

•••