Scamming the Elderly
FormerEmployee

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Jan 6, 2013
I worked in a facility in Etown that gives care to the elderly. There was a woman coworker(who I will call Sofia) who told sob stories to the elderly women and made romantic comments to the elderly men in an attempt to get money from them. I have recently quit working there because I felt sick seeing this going on.
I ran into a friend who still works at the facility today and she told me that Sofia had told her that she landed in the will of one of the old men and got A LOT of money. She went on to tell me that Sofia had been telling this man that she was going to divorce her husband and be with him. Sofia had no intentions of leaving her husband for a 90 year old hospice patient, this was just a lie she was telling the man to get money.
Sofia has also received money from other residents living in the "elderly care facility".
I know Sofia has a hard life but this has got to stop.
If your parents/grandparents or elderly relatives are living in a nursing home, assisted living home or receiving home health services please keep an eye on what's going on with their finances.
why

Greensburg, KY

#2 Jan 7, 2013
why did you not turn her in to the police, this is abuse,and most places I know of it states when you are hired that you can not accept any thing from theses people or you will be fired, by you and other people in the work enviroment letting people do this you are just as guilty as she is.
mag pie

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 7, 2013
many out there in the real world side up to some of the elderly and take them for everything they have. easy. start with a power of attorney and then write their will. all done legal like. I know twice it's happened and nothing can be done. One was smart enough to take everything in the house and dispose of it as power of attorney and then the will wanted it left to someone else and there was nothing to leave. lol gotta love the justice system and the crooked lawyers and the heartless scoundrels.
FormerEmployee

Vine Grove, KY

#4 Jan 7, 2013
why wrote:
why did you not turn her in to the police, this is abuse,and most places I know of it states when you are hired that you can not accept any thing from theses people or you will be fired, by you and other people in the work enviroment letting people do this you are just as guilty as she is.
This woman has been reported before to my understanding and I'm told nothing ever came of it. I'm doing all I can to inform people that is going on and stop it from happening again. I am keeping my ears open and if my friend tells me of any more instances then I am going to turn it over to the police. Believe me, I'm keeping an eye on her.
gr8 idea

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jan 12, 2013
It's good to know there are other people who care and look out for the elderly. Not only do some workers steal but they also physically abuse them!

Just like there are floor walkers keeping thieves at bay, there should be floor walkers in these facilities.
gr8 idea

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jan 12, 2013
with a camera!
legal ease

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Something needs to be done to/about lawyers that draw up these "illegal" papers that make it legal. No scruples whatsoever. Anything to make a buck. Scum of society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Probation officers in Hardin County 2 min Destinie jupin 13
Jillian hall anyone? 4 min Destinie jupin 8
Sexual favors (Apr '16) 10 min Destinie jupin 38
54 bi male 13 min Destinie jupin 9
Destinie Jupin 20 min Destinie jupin 36
Jeff Nadeau 39 min Hmmmm 1
Tatu in Towne Mall.. (Mar '13) 42 min Piercedbitch 24

Vine Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance