Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,625)

Showing posts 72,481 - 72,500 of81,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

@Nope.. wood stoves are not very cost effective as "back up". In addition to the cost of the stove and chimney, there is the pickup truck, chain saws, log splitter, and liniment for your back. LOL A kerosene heater might be enough for "back up".

When a wood burning stove or fireplace is the primary heat, be prepared for higher homeowner insurance rates.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Just watching the doves out on the bird bath this morning. It's been a chilly one. I hope they don't get cold like people do. You never see a bird shiver. lol
Henry Makow

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Proof wrote:
Who was the moron that claimed the tsunami that hit Japan was caused by a nuke?
http://www.henrymakow.com/theargumentfukushim...
if you look at the coastline of Japan prior to the tsunami, there was no evidence that a 9.0 earthquake had just happened. Before you start calling people morons, maybe you should do some research on your own and look at the evidence objectively instead of relying on what you are told by the mainstream media, because more than likely it is you who is the moron.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, fellow bird threaders. It's a gorgeous sunny day, but still,cold, cold, cold. Brrrr....
Hope everyone had a restful sleep. I'm like Roaming and Nope, in that restful sleep eludes me, and I prowl the night on tiptoe. Don't want to wake Hubby and our little guy. They have gone to church, followed by a nice brunch at a local restaurant. I choose to worship at home, getting a few peaceful, quiet moments to myself.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Hello Friends! Just read back a little bit. My father is doing ok. Thanks for the inquiries and prayers from Friends I have found here.

I mentioned the ironys of that situation and
others I have found myself in over the past several weeks. My dad loses part of a leg, and an estranged clan comes together. Maybe forever, at least thats my hope.

A young thang comes into my life needing help with her own. She really wasn't ready and I was ill equipped to help her. Now she is gone, probably forever. And my life is changed by her forever, for the better.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Several days back someone invited me to contact her through topix PM. I intend on taking that person up on that. There are a few details I should mention, after all my friends should know if they know this much. Just not publicly. Some mistakes or wrongs can be fixed, some can never be undone.

I've never been one to leave out details of of stories that really are required to make the story clear as it should be.

I nearly hit rock bottem late this summer, luckily I didn't drop that far. If I had I think I wouldn't have got back up. And I have God, Friends, Neighbors and Family for stopping that fall... Have a good one Everybody!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Several days back someone invited me to contact her through topix PM. I intend on taking that person up on that. There are a few details I should mention, after all my friends should know if they know this much. Just not publicly. Some mistakes or wrongs can be fixed, some can never be undone.

I've never been one to leave out details of of stories that really are required to make the story clear as it should be.

I nearly hit rock bottem late this summer, luckily I didn't drop that far. If I had I think I wouldn't have got back up. And I have God, Friends, Neighbors and Family for stopping that fall... Have a good one Everybody!
Sometimes beautiful beginnings come out of painful endings. Good luck
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The "young thang" is 30+.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

And thanks Miss E.
well

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

see
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Glad things are goin well.. I know all too well , the burden of ones heart, wanting what it should not , but still not able to let go of somethings.. Blessing to you..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

well with chimney modifications and a long 2 days and a cold night without much heat, my bigger and better wood stove is in and toasty. It will be an early "catch up" night for me, so good night everyone.
marvin gardens

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

3634 pages of discussion because a few hundred birds died. Don't tell these people about Thanksgiving or KFC, the entire site would crash.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

marvin gardens wrote:
3634 pages of discussion because a few hundred birds died. Don't tell these people about Thanksgiving or KFC, the entire site would crash.
This thread is like purgatory. You are stuck here till you post enough comments to offset all the "flipped a bird" you gave people through the years
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is like purgatory. You are stuck here till you post enough comments to offset all the "flipped a bird" you gave people through the years
Need something fresh! this stuff is boring. Time for a change!Like they are stuck in one TIME WARP!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Hello bird threaders. I hope you had a good of a day as I did. Family, good food, and bowling. haha
We had a blast. Couple gutter balls then it all came back to me like it was yesterday. Awesome. I am sure I will feel it in the morning.

I see we are still getting some whiners about the thread. Thousands and thousands of threads to troll and they just can't stand the bird thread. Too funny.

Here are a couple of cute dog/cat videos that will make you smile. Most of you anyway. lol

Check out these cats with invisible shopping carts, bikes and more
Cat owners are all too familiar with their cats intently watching and meowing at stuff that isn't there.(Except for when it’s a ghost — then you move out immediately. Don't be like those dummies in the movies.) But part of cat ownership is candid, "how'd-that-happen?" photos in which Fluffy seems to be interacting with something that was later Photoshopped out by some cat hater for a kitty smear campaign, which we all know is a thing.(Hey, we've seen this sort of thing before.) Thankfully, some good-humored people have taken these improbable photos and given them the cute captions they deserve.
http://now.msn.com/invisible-cat-memes-a-phot...

Adorable Canine Couple Have a Romantic Valentine's Day Dinner
It's hard to decide if this video is adorable or hilarious! Two doggie diners go out to eat at a restaurant and cuteness overload ensues! Now this is how you truly make a pet part of the family.:)
http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Dinner-fb-gv-2850....

Hope everyone is having a good evening. Didn't see Hempburn or Nope on here today. Or Imposter. Hope they drop in.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Sad story with a happy ending. I hope whoever did this to that service dog and this Veteran has something wrapped around their neck someday.

Florida man reunited with stolen dog used as fighting bait

Ten months after a German shepherd was stolen from Bob Moreland’s Miramar, Fla., home, the canine is back in his owner's loving arms after a horrifying ordeal.

Tears of joy streamed down Moreland’s face when he was reunited with the dog, Black Jack.
“I didn’t know I’d ever see him again,” said Moreland, a retired Air Force sergeant.

Somehow, Black Jack ended up wandering around Century Village in Pembroke Pines. Laurie Simmons, the president of Big Dog Ranch Rescue in Wellington, was notified and sent volunteer Eric Weinberger to help bring the dog to safety.
But when Weinberger arrived, he was alarmed by what he saw.

“I saw this God-awful collar around his neck I’ve never seen before,” Weinberger said.“Laurie told me it was a collar used for bait dog in a dog-fighting ring.”

Black Jack was being used as a bait dog, and a chain with raw meat also had been attached to his neck to lure dogs to fight. The dog was maimed.
“The collar had worn through his skin,” said Dr. Susan Baker.“It was so tight it had imbedded into his flesh.”

The volunteers and staff worked to nurse the dog back to health and reunite him with his owner. The dog’s implanted microchip led them to Moreland.
And now, Moreland and volunteers at the rescue try to erase the horror Black Jack endured.

Now safe from harm, the dog is on the road to recovery.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/17/16... -
marvin gardens

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha seems there's a thread like this on any message board that has a lot of members. I figured the discussion flew out the window long ago. I will go back to trolling elsewhere now. Have a nice day.
Waiyosanut

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Waiyusotan wrote:
<quoted text> Need something fresh! this stuff is boring. Time for a change!Like they are stuck in one TIME WARP!
then you're nuts for being here
marvin gardens

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I think I am trapped in the dead bird vortex now. It keeps showing up on my reply tracker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,481 - 72,500 of81,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vine Grove Discussions

Search the Vine Grove Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min this ones for you 138,773
why do black folks always think the world owes ... 43 min Trailer T Trash 11
Lauren Goodman 1 hr Sam 1
Communicare Job Cuts (Feb '11) 4 hr New CEO 28
Looking for a poker game on Fort Knox 4 hr Trying to find 1
IHOP Manager Tina 6 hr worker all my life 20
Samantha Ryan 7 hr yoy 5
•••
•••
•••
Vine Grove Dating

more search filters

less search filters