Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,726

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
HilLogic

London, KY

#85160 Feb 4, 2013
Good Morning, AW! Hope you rested well.
Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day. I know what you mean on location; mine switches from London, Manchester, Somerset and Mt. Vernon. Maybe it roams to the tower with the strongest signal? I don't know; that's just an uneducated guess on my part. ;-)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85161 Feb 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I agree about the white stuff. It's about 27 here. Don't like driving on icy roads myself. I'm sitting here wondering how you got a lemon. Well, some things I will never know I guess. I bet AW got his belly full and went to bed. LOL. I sure like his introspection and ideas. And dog getting him up at night is comical. Makes me think of partner. Hehe. He tries to play catch up with the children and I when he gets home and forgets until it's early hours in the morning which is fine on the weekends. Keep warm. Just had a cup of rosť hip tea. It is definitely not helping to close my eyes.
Thanks. As a child, we used to visit one of the grannys in Eastern Ky and would see people sitting on the porch at 9 or 10 am and think "Don't those folks have anything to do"? Little did we realize that they had already done it. Since I retired, I don't have any schedules and quite often it is not the Dog that gets me up, but it is me that wakes the dog. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85162 Feb 4, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
Good Morning, AW! Hope you rested well.
Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day. I know what you mean on location; mine switches from London, Manchester, Somerset and Mt. Vernon. Maybe it roams to the tower with the strongest signal? I don't know; that's just an uneducated guess on my part. ;-)
Good Morning to you. I feel quite sure that is right. Also, if a tower is having problems, the switching gear will just move to the next available.
HilLogic

London, KY

#85163 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning to you. I feel quite sure that is right. Also, if a tower is having problems, the switching gear will just move to the next available.
The cold temperatures and snow may be causing some interference as well. Schools are closed here again today; The back roads are still too dangerous for the buses. I'm sure the kids won't mind too terribly. lol This only makes two or three days they have missed so far due to weather; hopefully it will be the last.
I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee, waiting for the world to wake up.:-)
Hope you and Dog have a great day!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85164 Feb 4, 2013
hmmmm...... do i want to watch montel williams pedal pay day loans or or the yuppy with the over comb selling radioactive vitamins from okanawa...

decisions decisions decisions......
<flips channel>
oh thank god.... that was a close one
<breathes sigh of relief>
saved again by Joyce Meyer

gotta find out where she shops.... those earrings are absolutely fabulous.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85165 Feb 4, 2013
My choices were to watch Ron's cousin try to hustle the knives,

or the new Billy Mays push the detergent that will clean everything including your teeth and that last $2 in your wallet.

or watch John Boy try to make it through the Depression era. Something weird though about Mary Ellen growing up and having babies, then suddenly falling into the foutain of Youth and going back to barefeet and pig tails. I bet the "Fountain of Youth" is really the Baldwin Sister's recipe. Gotta get me some of that.. the recipe, not the sisters LOL

Dog had his breakfast and suggests we go back for another nap. I think Dog is wise. Good Day.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85166 Feb 4, 2013
lol.... have a good nap. wish i could sleep in today... last night was very restless. luckily we did not skimp last year when we got a new bed so the sleep i did manage to get in was the kind that counts...still coulda used a few more hours.....

but.... it dont scoop its self. time to get on the road... maybe i can catch a quick nap during lunch....starting to be the trend on mondays

every one have a great day :)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85167 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My choices were to watch Ron's cousin try to hustle the knives,
or the new Billy Mays push the detergent that will clean everything including your teeth and that last $2 in your wallet.
or watch John Boy try to make it through the Depression era. Something weird though about Mary Ellen growing up and having babies, then suddenly falling into the foutain of Youth and going back to barefeet and pig tails. I bet the "Fountain of Youth" is really the Baldwin Sister's recipe. Gotta get me some of that.. the recipe, not the sisters LOL
Dog had his breakfast and suggests we go back for another nap. I think Dog is wise. Good Day.
Well if you don't mind, send that recipe my way when you find it..lol. It might be cheaper than buying the "stuff" from the liquor store. Good day. Off to care for the babies even though one's a teen,They will always be my babies;)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85168 Feb 4, 2013
Just another day in paradise. Wonder what the weather will hold this week. More snow? Tornados? How about hurricanes? Seems like we get all kinds of things.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85170 Feb 4, 2013
Good morning birdthreaders, how is everyone this morning. 30 degrees here with rain coming in this afternoon. Beats the white stuff.

I hope you are having a good day so far. I am going to go catch up. Be back.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85171 Feb 4, 2013
Lessons from Una wrote:
Be thankful for every day you are alive.
Life is short, don't waste it hating one another.
Make peace with even your enemies, some day you might actually miss them, because very often it is your enemies that will teach you a lesson about yourself that you needed to learn.
Thank you Una for the lessons you have taught us.
Good post belie, I think he would have appreciated that. Look what he has inspired by his demise. God Bless him, cause such a stir then end up having people learn a lesson from it. Forgiveness. Who would of thought a few months back we would be more inspired to get along. We are all God's children. He wants us to get along.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85172 Feb 4, 2013
Good morning, everyone. I slept as well as Roaming does, and here I am, once again. This thread is like a magnet--even if I resist, it pulls me to the keyboard. The only thing stronger is the bed, which is right behind me. So when I hit my forehead on the keyboard, which I frequently do, I just mozey over to the bed and drop right in. Stein is already there, snoring away. I'm going to have to kick him off so that I can make the bed.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85173 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always thought that, the similarities in living in an old shack, eating cheap food, neices, disgust with the same people, coming around on others, etc etc.
I thought that as well. That poster was the first to be nice to me in the last line of his rant. Then Una followed with the niceness. We may never know for sure since it appeared that proxy was banned here. I am still not 100% sure though. I thought he had posted the same day you brought up what you found on that forum. A song "Spirit in the Sky" and a second post was immediately removed where he asked "do you know who I am". I thought that was Imposter. I guess time will tell. I know I will miss him. It just isn't the same clicking on the thread and knowing he will never be here with his unique wit. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85174 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Gee, Topix has no idea where I live. In the last 24 hours I have been in Berea, Lexington, and now Nicholasville.
I guess that old Willie Nelson song "I don't get around much anymore" does not apply to me. Maybe I am more like that one comic "I'm Moving, Moving, Moving". Know what I mean, Vern?
Hahaha, that is funny Ancient Wolf, at least they keep you in the area you live not all over the state, another state, or all the ..United States. haha I haven't heard that song in decades. I think my Dad listened to Hank Snow's version. Vern? My nephew use to lose it laughing when he got his hands slammed in the windows.

HANK SNOW & WILLIE NELSON - I'M MOVIN' ON

Maybe tomorrow you can go back to Lexington. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85175 Feb 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. I slept as well as Roaming does, and here I am, once again. This thread is like a magnet--even if I resist, it pulls me to the keyboard. The only thing stronger is the bed, which is right behind me. So when I hit my forehead on the keyboard, which I frequently do, I just mozey over to the bed and drop right in. Stein is already there, snoring away. I'm going to have to kick him off so that I can make the bed.
Good morning lala. I know what you mean there. If you sent me a new email address I did not get it. OJG mentioned it in one of her emails about your new address. Did you get it figured out?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85176 Feb 4, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, that is funny Ancient Wolf, at least they keep you in the area you live not all over the state, another state, or all the ..United States. haha I haven't heard that song in decades. I think my Dad listened to Hank Snow's version. Vern? My nephew use to lose it laughing when he got his hands slammed in the windows.
HANK SNOW & WILLIE NELSON - I'M MOVIN' ON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z6i00BXM7CgXX
Maybe tomorrow you can go back to Lexington. haha
Hank Snow's "I'm Moving on" was the first song I learned on the guitar. My uncle taught me his own version:

The old hound dog was feeling mean til he caught his tail in the sewing machine, he's moving on.

The old Tom Cat was feeling fine til we rubbed his butt with turpentine, he's moving on.

In Honor of the Dearly Departed, I just got back from Dollar General. I think he had posted that it actually started in and around his location.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85177 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank Snow's "I'm Moving on" was the first song I learned on the guitar. My uncle taught me his own version:
The old hound dog was feeling mean til he caught his tail in the sewing machine, he's moving on.
The old Tom Cat was feeling fine til we rubbed his butt with turpentine, he's moving on.
In Honor of the Dearly Departed, I just got back from Dollar General. I think he had posted that it actually started in and around his location.
I remember that song and Hank Snow being played alot when I was young. We loved the part about the hound dog and the tom cat.

I think you are right about the Dollar Store. He would crack me up with his chili brands and prices. I am going to miss his daily dose of clean humor.

Location hidden

#85178 Feb 4, 2013
@ Abeliever
Don't worry that I am naieve about posting on this or any other site. I often know more than I let on. I respond to all posters who address me,I remain cool and objective wherever the post is leading. If foul language is too bad, I just move on. My philosophy of responding to any poster is that I let them know that I do not get shocked,upset, or aggravated by what they are posting. It's the old adage that "you can catch a lot of flies with honey, not vinegar." That's how I got Una turned around with me. No matter what he said, I would respond with humor. I think that I fell off the wagon only once or twice. I even accepted and laughed about UNA calling me Uglylala. I guess that I want folks to know that I am not naieve at all;but I respond to trolls in my own way, and most of the time, it has served me well. But I DO thank you for your concern. It's a nice thing for friends trying to look out for one another. P.S. my hands are sitting heavily on the keyboard, as I am ready for my nap. I just had to delete the rows of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz. LOL Oglala, aka Lala Love and prayers to all.
Blueminer

United States

#85179 Feb 4, 2013
Good mornin Everyone! Still layed over by New Orleans...Even though I had a great time I would have rather been rollin shortly after getting empty Friday at noon.

I'm learning the hard way that a two truck company is not the way to go if seeking a truck driving position. Trucking life sucks these days.

Location hidden

#85181 Feb 4, 2013
@Abeliever: If a similar post shows up, please accept my apology because my message seems to be lost in cyberspace, at least for the moment.
Basically, I told you not to worry about my outward appearance of being naieve. I respond pleasantly, I hope, to all posters, even the suspicious or negative posters. I follow the adage of "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," One of two things then happen.. After a few of my "decent" responses, the perpetrator of negativity sees that I will not play that game, and gives up on me....They either get nicer or more vulgar. After many vulgar reponses, I just scroll on by. I never show upset, indignation, or powerfully refute their positions. I do this because this is what they DON'T want. Thank you for trying to warn me about various posters. That is kind and considerate, but I don't really need a "heads up" warning about the various posters on this thread.
Love and Prayers, from Lala

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. got shut down 50 min brenda 2
thomas keener (Jan '13) 52 min rachel 52
I'm Tony Malito And I'm A Dealer FOR The People 57 min Sam 17
Bariatric surgery - weight loss surgeons (Oct '09) 6 hr Hello 16
Why RPD STILL following me 6 hr Sam 2
Review: Karen's Pampered Pets Grooming & Boarding (May '14) 6 hr Sam 3
Mormons in Radcliff 6 hr Sam 37
Vine Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Vine Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Vine Grove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vine Grove

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"