I seen that too. Makes you wonder huh? I guess Americans are just too uptight. hahaa You are right, laughter helps, and all one has to do is read topix to get some. I have a pretty witty family and friends are too. They make me laugh so hard sometimes my stomach aches like I have been swinging on the uneven parallel bars. haha I find that being retired has lowered my stress more than anything. No pressure.I just saw some video from Adairsville, GA; looks like those folks down there didn't weather the storm so well; a lot of wind damage.
WKG, your omelet sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it was! And speaking of food, reminded me of a funny email I received. I'll share it.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3.. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
6. The French eat lots of rich food and drink tons of wine and have fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
And to add my own note: I think stress is one of the biggest killers and laughter helps us live longer - and happier! So, my advise is to laugh more and stress less!
Have a great day.