|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

no basis wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord's Supper -- taking it has nothing to do with getting you to heaven. It is a sacrament reminding of what Christ did on the cross. Instrumental music has nothing to do with our going to heaven. We have both in my church-- music is taking time to worship God through praise. The church is the bride of Christ. If we are to seek a relationship with Him, we should be there to worship. GOING does not send us to heaven. Our decision to accept Christ as our Savior, the basis of salvation. No works, no sacraments, no just going to church does that - only way to the Father is through (accepting) his Son as our Savior. If we have, then why wouldn't we be in a worship service every week.
So you don't think it's important to worship the same way that the Christians in the New Testament did? They are the ones that were actually with Jesus & heard His teachings. I'd rather put my salvation in His hands by obeying His words rather than a bunch of rules that man made.
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

funny wrote:
<quoted text> Evolution makes no sense? Yea those science guys can't hold up to a book that multiple people who have been gone for centuries wrote. You got me. Clap clap. No more religous debate for me, good job you won.
Won? Won what ? I wasn't In any sort of situation that was win or lose. And if you look at life as win or lose then I feel sorry for you. You're cutting yourself short.
clarify

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

MomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think it's important to worship the same way that the Christians in the New Testament did? They are the ones that were actually with Jesus & heard His teachings. I'd rather put my salvation in His hands by obeying His words rather than a bunch of rules that man made.
You are opposite in your thinking. It's NOT what WE do, but what Christ did for us because we are incapable of 'doing enough.' We can do NOTHING to earn salvation. Yes, we have the Lord's Supper, but that has nothing to do with our salvation. We take it as a remembrance of his death on the cross. If you were up so late, I hope you are going to be able to get to church and a good Bible-teaching one.
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Wow, nice attitude. The conversation was not even about salvation, but as long as you're there, Jesus said 'If you love me you will keep my commandments'. You clearly have obedience confused with physical acts.

Your concern with my sleep/wake pattern is creepy.
Equalizer

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

I would like to try this one
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Any

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

missed out wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go, you are WAY off base. I would fear to make such a statement myself.
Then I do not think you should make such a statement yourself, now you have nothing to fear.
funny

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

MomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
Won? Won what ? I wasn't In any sort of situation that was win or lose. And if you look at life as win or lose then I feel sorry for you. You're cutting yourself short.
Na, cutting yourself short is changing the life your given over a book to make an afterlife, which no one can CONFIRM is real, better. I am going to enjoy the life I know I get first. If I end up being wrong then Im going to hell, but ad I said Im not gonna waste the life I was given making sure I make the proper choices so good things happen when I die. It just doesnt make sense to me. Sorry.
funny

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

All I ask is proof. People say the bibble has been proven, so prove it to me, I have not heard one conformation of one story. Someone please go part the sea, or please build a boat and put 2 of every animal in it. Ressurection, I have not seen this outside any zombie movie lol. You gotta face it, these were stories to teach consequence and reward for good and bad actions, yet the bibble tells us our pets are souless and don't go up nor down, well your dog is an animal and a mammal, you are an animal and a mammal, the fact that you throw a few bucks in a bowl while your preacher reads what you could read at home doesn't change anything Im sorry.
too bad

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
All I ask is proof. People say the bibble has been proven, so prove it to me, I have not heard one conformation of one story. Someone please go part the sea, or please build a boat and put 2 of every animal in it. Ressurection, I have not seen this outside any zombie movie lol. You gotta face it, these were stories to teach consequence and reward for good and bad actions, yet the bibble tells us our pets are souless and don't go up nor down, well your dog is an animal and a mammal, you are an animal and a mammal, the fact that you throw a few bucks in a bowl while your preacher reads what you could read at home doesn't change anything Im sorry.
Actually, it is FAR from being funny. Where does it even speak of the pets -- nowhere in the Bible. I think you had better find a place to find out differently because you have no idea of the content of the scripture. You know to fling a few words around. That certainly won't help you. I would not long for hell - what a terrible thought. You are the one who has this idea of 'stories'-
you had better read AT HOME a little more thoroughly.
funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is FAR from being funny. Where does it even speak of the pets -- nowhere in the Bible. I think you had better find a place to find out differently because you have no idea of the content of the scripture. You know to fling a few words around. That certainly won't help you. I would not long for hell - what a terrible thought. You are the one who has this idea of 'stories'-
you had better read AT HOME a little more thoroughly.
Havent read a page. And im not calling anything about it funny. The name was from another thread and I just never changed it. Im fine with my views, but thanks for your concern.
lost

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text> Havent read a page. And im not calling anything about it funny. The name was from another thread and I just never changed it. Im fine with my views, but thanks for your concern.
You are lost. I cannot think about not having addressed my spiritual life. Views? Wrong view? Eternal views? So sorry about your apathy and indifference, but that's what can happen to people without Christ.
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

funny wrote:
I thought you said you know the Biblr? Clearly you don't. Your comment about Noah shows your lack of basic Bible knowledge. Not to mention your pet remark. It's pointless to have a conversation about something you have no knowledge of, and even less interest in learning
with intrigue

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

MomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you know the Biblr? Clearly you don't. Your comment about Noah shows your lack of basic Bible knowledge. Not to mention your pet remark. It's pointless to have a conversation about something you have no knowledge of, and even less interest in learning
That is true about the other poster. However, if you are wrong yourself about what you think is in the Bible, it is really not any different.
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

with intrigue wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true about the other poster. However, if you are wrong yourself about what you think is in the Bible, it is really not any different.
Except that I use scripture to support my position. The others did not.
funny

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Its FUNNY how asking for proof caused that much drama and I still have 0 proof. The fact you all put up your defense so hard to everything I said, shows me you all know as well as me that it is just a pretty illusion that if you do good in this life you get an eternity of a good life in a place with streets of gold, and if your bad you burn for eternity. Hell is definetly bogus, as your image for it was created by Dante and not the bible. And about the pet thing I was wrong, I can admit that. Now, back to the life I do have, Im not wasting anymore of it on topix.
Funny

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Checkmate.
wonder

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Funny wrote:
Checkmate.
When you stand before God without having accepted Christ, I wonder if he will remember what you wrote on Topix, especially checkmate. Wow, I don't EVEN want to imagine what that will be like -- WORSE than anything that can take place on this earth. At least a few tried to tell you. Instead of faith, you will believe TOO late that you should have given it more consideration.
wonder

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

MomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that I use scripture to support my position. The others did not.
From what I read, you MISused scripture.
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I read, you MISused scripture.
Ok, which scripture did I misuse?
bush ax

Munfordville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
Collegeview Church of Christ, over by the college. We go just by the Bible.
opposed to going by what? the phonebook? the websters dictionary? enlighten us please.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vine Grove Discussions

Search the Vine Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Franklyn V. Beckles, Jr. District 2 Board M... 8 min Nunn 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Syl 146,229
Shaggy Dog Pet Grooming (Jul '12) 30 min Mark8 28
Karens Pampered Pets (May '11) 38 min SassyGirl 20
Cuckold 59 min Don 4
Jeff Helson 2 hr friends 11
snitches 2 hr just saying 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vine Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000