Federal cuts would affect thousands at Fort Knox

Feb 22, 2013 Full story: WHAS11 110

About 7,000 civilian workers at Fort Knox will be affected if federal cuts in defense spending take effect next Friday.

Full Story
Ben Carson

Duluth, GA

#42 Feb 26, 2013
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>Agree 100%...should be a complete overhaul of entitlements and tax system before anymore cuts are made to anything. Too bad our representatives don't agree with us.
Absolutely!!!!
By GOD

Louisville, KY

#43 Feb 26, 2013
They already did they raised the social security tax. How about that fix?
just wondering

Duluth, GA

#44 Feb 26, 2013
By GOD wrote:
They already did they raised the social security tax. How about that fix?
That's not a fix. They only did that because social security has been robbed. I'm talking about a real fix. Something that actually works. O well I think we've road this horse long enough. So long you guys!
By GOD

Louisville, KY

#45 Feb 26, 2013
Nothing going to work it's a ponzi scheme. The rich are laughing their azzes off at the peaseant's.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#46 Feb 26, 2013
By GOD wrote:
Nothing going to work it's a ponzi scheme. The rich are laughing their azzes off at the peaseant's.
Yes, it becomes a ponzi scheme when you raid it to "balance the budget" because some idiot congressmen decide that makes for good politics (Contract With America). Today, Bernanke was in the Senate explaining Econ 101 to the Senators about how you don't balance a budget by taking $70M out of the economies of hundreds of Hardin Counties across the country. Hopefully Rand and Mitch were good little listeners today.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#47 Feb 27, 2013
Today Bernanke is on the Hill trying to talk some sense into Brett and the baggers. Think they'll listen or just keep destroying us to score political points?
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Feb 27, 2013
By GOD wrote:
Nothing going to work it's a ponzi scheme. The rich are laughing their azzes off at the peaseant's.
BTW, don't believe that crap about the SS Trust Fund not being real. Our payroll taxes buy US treasuries every month, and then those treasuries are sold every month to cover SS payments. The amount of money used to buy those treasuries will exceed the amount of money dispersed by selling those treasuries through 2030 at the current pace. If that fund was managed separately from the rest of the Federal budget, you'd see that it was very real and solvent. And, no, your contributions didn't go down in 2009 and back up on January 1st. Rather, the government simply paid half of your contribution during the "holiday"...your employer continued to pay the full amount, and the treasuries for the fund continued to be purchased just as if you were paying the full amount. That also means that $800B that government "spends" each year on Social Security (i.e. half of the "deficit" that everyone talks about) isn't an expense at all. It's simply a payout of treasuries that have already been purchased in years past.
Clueless

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Feb 27, 2013
Why should anyone listen to what Bernanke has to say. His solution is another QE.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Feb 27, 2013
Clueless wrote:
Why should anyone listen to what Bernanke has to say. His solution is another QE.
As opposed to what? Your economists have a better idea? Let me guess: austerity.
By GOD

Louisville, KY

#51 Feb 27, 2013
I didn't look at statistics, but i know alot of people die before drawing any S.S. payments.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#52 Feb 27, 2013
By GOD wrote:
I didn't look at statistics, but i know alot of people die before drawing any S.S. payments.
Survivor benefits are paid to their dependent family members. But any insurance policy that pays claims to everyone would go broke quickly. Its an annuity not a savings account.
By GOD

Louisville, KY

#53 Feb 27, 2013
I'm a 1099 worker now. Isn't life grand.
By GOD

Louisville, KY

#54 Feb 27, 2013
Classification of workers are a sham in this state and throughout the nation.
By GOD

Louisville, KY

#55 Feb 27, 2013
Workers with secure income buy franchise,and pay workers who are poor low wages and 1099. Workers with secure wages make thousands.
Clueless

Elizabethtown, KY

#56 Feb 27, 2013
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to what? Your economists have a better idea? Let me guess: austerity.
So, I assume you would welcome another round of QE.
Steve

Phoenix, AZ

#58 Feb 27, 2013
I hope they all lose their jobs. Worthless civilians at ft Knox, especially the
female civilian perverts at meps. Bye bye
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#59 Feb 27, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I assume you would welcome another round of QE.
I'm not the world's leading expert on recessionay monetary policy or a Pinceton economist. Bernanke is. I'll leave it up to him to decide.
Clueless

Elizabethtown, KY

#60 Feb 27, 2013
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the world's leading expert on recessionay monetary policy or a Pinceton economist. Bernanke is. I'll leave it up to him to decide.
Nor am I, but I can see his decision making is being influenced by this admins ideology.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#61 Feb 28, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor am I, but I can see his decision making is being influenced by this admins ideology.
Nah, he's a Republican banker, as are the other Fed bankers. In fact, he complained just yesterday that Fiscal policy was working at cross purposes with monetary policy. No economist in the world would recommend that you cut spending while raising taxes. You either cut taxes while increasing spending, or you increase taxes while cutting spending. So the politicians really aren't helping things like QE take hold with their ignorant populist grandstanding.
believe a cracker

Columbia, KY

#62 Feb 28, 2013
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, don't believe that crap about the SS Trust Fund not being real. Our payroll taxes buy US treasuries every month, and then those treasuries are sold every month to cover SS payments. The amount of money used to buy those treasuries will exceed the amount of money dispersed by selling those treasuries through 2030 at the current pace. If that fund was managed separately from the rest of the Federal budget, you'd see that it was very real and solvent. And, no, your contributions didn't go down in 2009 and back up on January 1st. Rather, the government simply paid half of your contribution during the "holiday"...your employer continued to pay the full amount, and the treasuries for the fund continued to be purchased just as if you were paying the full amount. That also means that $800B that government "spends" each year on Social Security (i.e. half of the "deficit" that everyone talks about) isn't an expense at all. It's simply a payout of treasuries that have already been purchased in years past.
i guess you pulled the crystal ball out of your democrat ass and projected this? its always, "if things go well,this will happen".
as an "investor" do you own stock in government bonds(dont lie,i can tell when you are)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
11 Bars to open in ETown! I drink to that!! 12 min Fox 8
Academy sports 1 hr sportarama 2
laura boozer 2 hr Debbie 3
metals interview 2 hr rtd 1
Hobby Lobby 5 hr Sam Walton 13
Brandon 7 hr No way 1
Where oh where 8 hr Jazzy 1

Winter Storm Warning for Hardin County was issued at March 04 at 3:50AM EST

Vine Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Vine Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:30 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:30AM
Bengals' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard
NFL 6:04 AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers