Federal cuts would affect thousands at Fort Knox

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

About 7,000 civilian workers at Fort Knox will be affected if federal cuts in defense spending take effect next Friday.

Comments
21 - 40 of 110 Comments Last updated May 15, 2013
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The Point wrote:
And now Mitch chimes in:
"Personally, I don't believe the world will end if the president's sequester takes effect."
Pretty easy to see that "our" Senators are more concerned with their DC jobs than with the voters back home.
You are exactly right.... Mitch is an idiot.

Ashley Judd WILL win if she runs. Republicans (Karl Rove) have already started the negative campaign ads and she hasn't even said she's running yet.

How scared are these people?? It's amazing!!

Can't wait til she jumps in. It will be a game changer for Kentucky. Finally the state will get to turn around and start a long road to the change that's desperately needed.

Mitch has been nothing but dead weight!! Saying the sequester won't be bad.... Shows how he doesn't care about the working folks or the poor. Just the rich.

And I'm tired of hearing about taxes. We have the lowest taxes that we've had in decades.

And one final thing.... For the ones who complain about the poor on food stamps, unemployment ..... If the party of No would stop saying NO to everything..... Our country would be in the fast lane to recovery, not stuck behind a republican in the fast lane with the blinker on driving 45 in a 70 MPH Zone.

Move over idiots.... We want progress.... Not the same old republican bullshit we got when Dumbya was in office. We got rid of his ignorant ass finally.... Now it's time to get rid if the rest of the idiots killing our country, our workers, our poor, and our older retired folks.

Get ALL republicans and Tea Baggies OUT OF OFFICE before our country is ruined.
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

So let me get this straight. We are in serious deficit trouble and trying to make serious cuts in the military, laying off federal jobs, but yet the federal government is going to be responsible for every states Medicaid next year when Obamacare goes into effect? i heard they were covering 100% the first year? Wouldn't it be better if someone was paying taxes next year?
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>You are exactly right.... Mitch is an idiot.

Ashley Judd WILL win if she runs. Republicans (Karl Rove) have already started the negative campaign ads and she hasn't even said she's running yet.

Can't wait til she jumps in. It will be a game changer for Kentucky. Finally the state will get to turn around and start a long road to the change that's desperately needed.

Mitch has been nothing but dead weight!! Saying the sequester won't be bad.... Shows how he doesn't care about the working folks or the poor. Just the rich.

And I'm tired of hearing about taxes. We have the lowest taxes that we've had in decades.

And one final thing.... For the ones who complain about the poor on food stamps, unemployment ..... If the party of No would stop saying NO to everything..... Our country would be in the fast lane to recovery, not stuck behind a republican in the fast lane with the blinker on driving 45 in a 70 MPH Zone.

Move over idiots.... We want progress.... Not the same old republican bullshit we got when Dumbya was in office. We got rid of his ignorant ass finally.... Now it's time to get rid if the rest of the idiots killing our country, our workers, our poor, and our older retired folks.

I believe, the sequester was Mr. Presidents baby. The congress, both dems and repubs have been concerned about this for about a year now! I guess you didn't hear about it in Jan when they (congress) wanted to try and stop it back then. Mr. Obama would not here if it because he said we needed to tighten up. I agree with him but not necessarily the military while there is issues with Iran, Korea, Libya just to name a few. Lets absolutely not forget about how we hung our people out to dry in Benghazi. We already were so understaffed we couldn't protect our consulate.
Party of No

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right.... Mitch is an idiot.
Well put and totally agree. Especially DITCH MITCH.
Party of No

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe, the sequester was Mr. Presidents baby. The congress, both dems and repubs have been concerned about this for about a year now! I guess you didn't hear about it in Jan when they (congress) wanted to try and stop it back then. Mr. Obama would not here if it because he said we needed to tighten up. I agree with him but not necessarily the military while there is issues with Iran, Korea, Libya just to name a few. Lets absolutely not forget about how we hung our people out to dry in Benghazi. We already were so understaffed we couldn't protect our consulate.
It's all about the Bush tax cuts for the rich. The President gave in the last time they pulled this crap and extended them. Now he won't. They need to pay more than secretaries do. They need to give back to the country now like under Clinton. Waala, surplus, lots of jobs, happy country. hmmmmmmmmmm what does that tell you. It is all about THEM not the American people. Simple as that. They will hold it up until the midnight hour like always. They need to GO. We will not forget.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that republicans requested cuts right?? That's what happened in Benghazi.

And the sequester was set up so there's be an even playing field. Massive cuts on both sides. Which means you have to work together to get the job done.

Smart political mood on Obamas part.

Who takes the dive on this if it goes wrong?? Republicans are the party of no. How many times can republicans say No to helping with job creation??

2014 and 2016 win be your answer.

Seems as tho 2008 and 2012 weren't clear enough for you.

Slow learners??

Guess that's why republicans wanna guy education..... Make people as dumb as possible so everyone will buy their horseshit??
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Party of No wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about the Bush tax cuts for the rich. The President gave in the last time they pulled this crap and extended them. Now he won't. They need to pay more than secretaries do. They need to give back to the country now like under Clinton. Waala, surplus, lots of jobs, happy country. hmmmmmmmmmm what does that tell you. It is all about THEM not the American people. Simple as that. They will hold it up until the midnight hour like always. They need to GO. We will not forget.
Agreed!!!!

We didn't forget. Everyone knows this from 2008 and 2012.

The purge of Republican Party of No will continue in 2014.

Ashley Judd hopefully will jump in.

Kentucky needs her help.

Mitch has done nothing productive for Kentucky. Just for the wealthy.

Campaign Finance Reform solves issues on both sides. Bet not one republican would vote for that.
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand that republicans requested cuts right?? That's what happened in Benghazi.

And the sequester was set up so there's be an even playing field. Massive cuts on both sides. Which means you have to work together to get the job done.

Who takes the dive on this if it goes wrong?? Republicans are the party of no. How many times can republicans say No to helping with job creation??

Slow learners??

Guess that's why republicans wanna guy education..... Make people as dumb as possible so everyone will buy their horseshit??
I understand we need cuts, no doubt about that. But I don't understand why the federal government can't afford a descent military but we can afford to pay 100% of Obamacare for the first year and a large percentage the following year? I am very familiar with the use of Medicaid. When my mother was dying if cancer and we were paying to take care her ( my brothers and I) because she only had Medicare, and loads of women would flood the ER because they missed their early morning appt at the doctors office. The were there with all their gold necklaces and rings and ear rings and grills with designer clothes and iPhones and their babies in designer children's wear and throwing down that Medicaid card made me literally want to throw up. My mother never took a penny off the government her whole life. So now we the federal gov is gonna pay 100% of all Medicaid for all the states the first year. Yes I understand the repubs ask for cuts the dems should demand from the president an overhaul of an exceptionally abused system that continues to pour good money into bad. Then we have cut back where people are actually working to balance the budget. Whether republican or democrat, who cares, our welfare a system is grossly misused and we continue to ignore. My daughters job is help people find jobs, they tell her they can't work cause they will lose there benefits. Is this what we want as a country? Stop paying jobs to fund a broken system?
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand that republicans requested cuts right?? That's what happened in Benghazi.

Slow learners??

Also there's a lady down the street who gets gov help, that's fine, I believe she needs it, until I see her windows open when it's 16 degrees outside. What do you bet that the gov is paying for her heat????? I can't afford to heat my house above 68 and we are cool all winter. We live in the same size house. Do you think that's Gov waste? If you are working, you are heating the outside for her. I don't know, maybe it's the Chinese gov that's helping her or my great grand children.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand we need cuts, no doubt about that. But I don't understand why the federal government can't afford a descent military but we can afford to pay 100% of Obamacare for the first year and a large percentage the following year? I am very familiar with the use of Medicaid. When my mother was dying if cancer and we were paying to take care her ( my brothers and I) because she only had Medicare, and loads of women would flood the ER because they missed their early morning appt at the doctors office. The were there with all their gold necklaces and rings and ear rings and grills with designer clothes and iPhones and their babies in designer children's wear and throwing down that Medicaid card made me literally want to throw up. My mother never took a penny off the government her whole life. So now we the federal gov is gonna pay 100% of all Medicaid for all the states the first year. Yes I understand the repubs ask for cuts the dems should demand from the president an overhaul of an exceptionally abused system that continues to pour good money into bad. Then we have cut back where people are actually working to balance the budget. Whether republican or democrat, who cares, our welfare a system is grossly misused and we continue to ignore. My daughters job is help people find jobs, they tell her they can't work cause they will lose there benefits. Is this what we want as a country? Stop paying jobs to fund a broken system?
See, that's the type of intelligent conversation that needs to be had in Washington--how do you fix a healthcare and entitlement system that is sucking this country dry. But, no, we elect people like Rand, Mitch, and Brett who are bought and paid for by East Coast special interests. While they talk about BS, we're looking at 7,000 Hardin County workers losing $10K apiece. That's $70M that isn't going to Hardin County business owners, waitresses, store clerks, realtors or auto dealers next year. We elect idiots to go on Fox every night and talk about Benghazi or whatever while our friends and family lose their jobs!
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. There is a lot if abuse. We see that on a daily basis.... Most if the republican posters on these boards are head check recipients. This is all they have to do and I guess it's as good a reason as any to draw a headcheck and it stands to reason if the think (vote) republican... They have to be mentally unstable lol

All jokes aside..... The idea behind ObamaCare is a great idea. Doctors don't get paid per visit, they get paid on quality of care. If doctors aren't good enough and really aren't helping people, they need to be weeded out. This will eliminate most of the fraud.

Sorry about the issues with your mother. Hope you all doing better now. Lost my mother to cancer. Know how you feel.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Also there's a lady down the street who gets gov help, that's fine, I believe she needs it, until I see her windows open when it's 16 degrees outside. What do you bet that the gov is paying for her heat????? I can't afford to heat my house above 68 and we are cool all winter. We live in the same size house. Do you think that's Gov waste? If you are working, you are heating the outside for her. I don't know, maybe it's the Chinese gov that's helping her or my great grand children.
Heat Bills aren't paid by government bathe government (state) will help with ONE electric or gas bill a year. And it's only a partial payment I believe. If she's leaving her windows open and on a fixed income, she's throwing her own money (I know.... Governments money) away.... But she doesn't get a monthly check AND a heat bill check.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think allowing Rand to take $70M out of Hardin County's economy is a logical reaction to one crazy lady with her windows open? If so, it might be time for you to open your windows too.
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>I agree completely. There is a lot if abuse. We see that on a daily basis.... Most if the republican posters on these boards are head check recipients. This is all they have to do and I guess it's as good a reason as any to draw a headcheck and it stands to reason if the think (vote) republican... They have to be mentally unstable lol

All jokes aside..... The idea behind ObamaCare is a great idea. Doctors don't get paid per visit, they get paid on quality of care. If doctors aren't good enough and really aren't helping people, they need to be weeded out. This will eliminate most of the fraud.

Sorry about the issues with your mother. Hope you all doing better now. Lost my mother to cancer. Know how you feel.
I understand about the doctors but that's a catch 22. First of all, it costs about 400k to become a gen practitioner, a specialist or a surgeon. Then your malpractice ins is over 100k per year for just one physician. So now I've spoken with my son and some of his friends who after their deployment intended on going to medical school. It's not financially beneficial for them. They aren't sure they could pay off student loans and are very concerned about how the gov would pay them or if they should look for some other career. So now we are driving older doctors into retirement and younger doctors are nervous and the only ones going to medical school are foreigners, who either, our Gov is paying for or their country is paying to send them. That's not fair. Like I said my daughters job is to help people find work and lately nurses in Louisville are getting laid off and working any job they can to pay their student loans. Are you scared yet?
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>Heat Bills aren't paid by government bathe government (state) will help with ONE electric or gas bill a year. And it's only a partial payment I believe. If she's leaving her windows open and on a fixed income, she's throwing her own money (I know.... Governments money) away.... But she doesn't get a monthly check AND a heat bill check.
Actually whether she's paying with heating assistance or her welfare check or another program I'm not sure, but no one works!!!!!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand about the doctors but that's a catch 22. First of all, it costs about 400k to become a gen practitioner, a specialist or a surgeon. Then your malpractice ins is over 100k per year for just one physician. So now I've spoken with my son and some of his friends who after their deployment intended on going to medical school. It's not financially beneficial for them. They aren't sure they could pay off student loans and are very concerned about how the gov would pay them or if they should look for some other career. So now we are driving older doctors into retirement and younger doctors are nervous and the only ones going to medical school are foreigners, who either, our Gov is paying for or their country is paying to send them. That's not fair. Like I said my daughters job is to help people find work and lately nurses in Louisville are getting laid off and working any job they can to pay their student loans. Are you scared yet?
I don't think I've ever seen a doctor driving an 88 Yugo..... They make money. If the only reason they're going to medical school is to become wealthy they probably wouldn't be a good doctor anyway. If they aren't "called on" to help people and be a doctor..... Not a good doctor.

Being a doctor is NOT about the money.
just wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

The Point wrote:
<quoted text>So you think allowing Rand to take $70M out of Hardin County's economy is a logical reaction to one crazy lady with her windows open? If so, it might be time for you to open your windows too.
I absolutely do not think Hardin county should be losing jobs!!!! My point is, there should be a complete overhaul on our entitlement system before we cut any gov jobs cut! If our gov spent as much time trying to fix the system instead of crying about the other party, there shouldn't be any jobs lost. I believe this is fixable.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely do not think Hardin county should be losing jobs!!!! My point is, there should be a complete overhaul on our entitlement system before we cut any gov jobs cut! If our gov spent as much time trying to fix the system instead of crying about the other party, there shouldn't be any jobs lost. I believe this is fixable.
Agree 100%...should be a complete overhaul of entitlements and tax system before anymore cuts are made to anything. Too bad our representatives don't agree with us.
By GOD

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

All priorties should be put to putting people back to work,and enacting F.D.R. second bill of rights.
By GOD

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

The division of this country brought on by corportist to take advantage of cheap labor abroad should be condemned. This whole thing has collapsed the civil society as at one time existed in this country. Their using cheap chinese labor to build our technolgy same as the the railroads in the 19th century. The more things change the more they stay the same could not have been a more profound statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vine Grove Discussions

Search the Vine Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Garret Woodson 39 min Ugh 4
Women and dating sites 58 min Men 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr DITCH MITCH 147,282
Hardin Memorial Mass Firings 5 hr Yep 51
Anyone have any good deals on a used pistol? 7 hr crazy 3
Richard Leal 8 hr truth 4
Shes AFRAID OF THE TRUTH 10 hr Guest 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vine Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••