First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kristen

United States

#1 May 1, 2006
what happened on purgatory road that the house torn down and the property can't be walked on?

“Truth. Elusive and a lie!”

Since: Aug 07

Fort Dix, NJ

#2 Sep 11, 2007
Not sure exactly. Me and a couple of buds took a look at the property not too long ago. At that time, we were looking for a house. We didn't know it was torn down in 03 or 04. According to what I heard, a man who was living there snapped and killed his family. But, this isn't fact, just something I heard, so it could be way off the mark.
Adam

Willingboro, NJ

#3 Oct 17, 2007
Its not torn down, its the "driveway" right off of Rt. 70. Its not even a drive way, you have to park your car and walk on foot throught shrubs and a dirt path. That house is freaky as shit...when I went, there was a dead burnt dog with its head cut off and feet cut off in the basement. Nooo lieeee. Then a bunch of people from my school went the next day and nothing was there but a girl took a picture of just a room and theres a translucent sillouette or a little girls skirt.
Paige

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Nov 11, 2008
I went there today and it was so peaceful. I can only imagine how many people party there. I wanted to go inside but I was scared that the house would collapse on me.
Renegades08

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Nov 17, 2008
No one is 100 percent sure on what happened to the people who lived in the house. Based on experience and reliable sources, there was a family. The man had Aids and his child ended up dying somewhere in the process. Remaining family left never to be seen again. It would be pointless to visit the house these days as it was gutted years ago. As far as the dog , that's beyond me. Probably Gummo white trash type
sad but true

Vincentown, NJ

#6 Dec 30, 2008
Adam wrote:
Its not torn down, its the "driveway" right off of Rt. 70. Its not even a drive way, you have to park your car and walk on foot throught shrubs and a dirt path. That house is freaky as shit...when I went, there was a dead burnt dog with its head cut off and feet cut off in the basement. Nooo lieeee. Then a bunch of people from my school went the next day and nothing was there but a girl took a picture of just a room and theres a translucent sillouette or a little girls skirt.
I know the people who lived there, last name Alacon. The daughter, Maria was 17 0r 18 in a crash at Church Rd.and 541 heading back to Lenape High School from lunch. She was decapitated. Brian Pittman was also killed lived on Maine Street in Vincentown. Today they would be 45 or 46 years old.The driver lived I will mention no name,it wasn't his fault there was no traffic light there at the time was hit by big truck carrying logs.They were all very good friends.AS FOR THE HOUSE: BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT OCCURRED
sad but true

Vincentown, NJ

#7 Dec 30, 2008
I know the people who lived there, last name Alacon. The daughter, Maria was 17 0r 18 in a crash at Church Rd.and 541 heading back to Lenape High School from lunch. She was decapitated. Brian Pittman was also killed lived on Maine Street in Vincentown. Today they would be 45 or 46 years old.The driver lived I will mention no name,it wasn't his fault there was no traffic light there at the time was hit by big truck carrying logs.They were all very good friends.AS FOR THE HOUSE: BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT OCCURRED
sad but true

Vincentown, NJ

#8 Dec 30, 2008
Adam wrote:
I know the people who lived there, last name Alacon. The daughter, Maria was 17 0r 18 in a crash at Church Rd.and 541 heading back to Lenape High School from lunch. She was decapitated. Brian Pittman was also killed lived on Maine Street in Vincentown. Today they would be 45 or 46 years old.The driver lived I will mention no name,it wasn't his fault there was no traffic light there at the time was hit by big truck carrying logs.They were all very good friends.AS FOR THE HOUSE: BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT OCCURRED A little girl would haunt this house strange happenings The mother being very religious knew it was of evil sources and after her daughter was decapited in the accident left and never returned the house is now owned by people who live in a big beautiful mansion on neww freedom rd and said it would not be torn down because of its history the name of the rd itself Pugatory is over looked the real question who or wht was the evil that drove out the Alacons?
sad but true

Vincentown, NJ

#9 Dec 30, 2008
Adam wrote:
I know the people who lived there, last name Alacon. The daughter, Maria was 17 0r 18 in a crash at Church Rd.and 541 heading back to Lenape High School from lunch. She was decapitated. Brian Pittman was also killed lived on Maine Street in Vincentown. Today they would be 45 or 46 years old.The driver lived I will mention no name,it wasn't his fault there was no traffic light there at the time was hit by big truck carrying logs.They were all very good friends.AS FOR THE HOUSE: BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT OCCURRED A little girl would haunt this house strange happenings The mother being very religious knew it was of evil sources and after her daughter was decapited in the accident left and never returned the house is now owned by people who live in a big beautiful mansion on neww freedom rd and said it would not be torn down because of its history the name of the rd itself Pugatory is over looked the real question who or wht was the evil that drove out the Alacons?
South Jerz

Hartford City, IN

#10 Dec 30, 2008
Its not torn down, my friends and i were in there the other nights its creepy as shit but still standin, we were in every room.
Been There Done That

San Gabriel, CA

#11 Mar 9, 2009
I've been in the house a couple of times and it is really creepy. Im not sure if they are just props that people have left, but there are drwings from a little girl still there with her name written on the back. You have to be careful because the house is so old you oculd fall through the floor. The basement was the creepiest. Its steep to get down the stairs and its pitch black with a dirt bottom. I got the creeps when I went down there and I have never been so scared.
just there

Lambertville, NJ

#12 May 1, 2009
i was just there last friday&sunday. its not torn down but its hard to see from the road.. it was so scary but i would totally do it again

“Truth. Elusive and a lie!”

Since: Aug 07

Fort Dix, NJ

#13 May 6, 2009
just there wrote:
i was just there last friday&sunday. its not torn down but its hard to see from the road.. it was so scary but i would totally do it again
I think we may have been in the wrong area then. Where is this place exactly?
joe

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jun 19, 2009
ok i need a little help me and my friends were walking around a good hour trying to find it but couldn't. we didn't walk from that drive way but instead turned onto red lion road and pulled into a warehouse complex and attempted to walk a straight line after we heard the police and neighbors were always on the lookout. We think we were close and heard a dog barking but couldn't find the clearing. Is it possible to get through from the woods behind the warehouse because we know it was probably at least a quarter mile from there and the terrain was rough. We did hear a dog barking from a distant house and turned back but any help would be appreciated.
joe

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jun 19, 2009
yea after further check i believe we were on the wrong side of purgatory road it is the side opposite the houses right (got all cut up in the woods for nothing)
max

Ambler, PA

#16 Jun 19, 2009
Joe i can't believe we were out walking through the woods toward nothing. The house i so obvious and can be clearly seen on a aerial or birds eye map.
John

Somerdale, NJ

#17 Jun 20, 2009
If you know whats good for you,dont try to find that house stay,away from it.
I was determined to see the inside of that house several years back,and once I did,I had an experiance that no one would believe.Trust me when I say that the house is old and vacant,but something is still in there.I cant even drive down Purgatory road anymore.
Jen

Wenonah, NJ

#18 Jun 28, 2009
John wrote:
If you know whats good for you,dont try to find that house stay,away from it.
I was determined to see the inside of that house several years back,and once I did,I had an experiance that no one would believe.Trust me when I say that the house is old and vacant,but something is still in there.I cant even drive down Purgatory road anymore.
Maybe we will believe you, do tell
blanco loco

Vincentown, NJ

#19 Jul 5, 2009
please,please dont go to purgatory road ! you will find what your looking for and it cant be undone.
April

Manasquan, NJ

#20 Jul 15, 2009
I went to this house with my brother, sister, mother, and aunt, my brother and cousin went to the upstairs, while and my mom and aunt were in the kitchen and the floor shook like hell..we ran out of that house sooooo fast...there was no one messing with us or anything..soo scary, but this was in about 2003 or 2004...so we could drive right up to it, havent seen it since, freaky house

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vincentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking For Mystery Shoppers! Nov 20 Joseph McArdle 1
Medford Man Accused of Molesting Girls (May '11) Sep '17 Anicpickens 24
News In his own words (Aug '06) Sep '17 Family 140
Mount Holly 1970s/Early 80s (Feb '15) Jul '17 Aimee Marder Miller 5
respect the walmart cashiers! (Aug '09) May '17 Real idiot 54
News Teacher's aide charged with sexual assault (Jan '09) Apr '17 wow 21
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Apr '17 susiiemom 329

Vincentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance